X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notslip0602286
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Marvin Harrison Game Used Auction!

Does anyone know about the reputation of americanmemorabilia? I'm looking at this Marvin Harrison auction right now, does it look legit?

Thanks!
  • ivo610
    • Dec 2009

Re: Marvin Harrison Game Used Auction!

do a search on here or just google them. They have been one of the most talked about topics on here. To be fair they have rebuilt their image in the recent years. As far as the jersey im not an expert on Colts stuff but just because its on American isnt a reason to worry imo. They auction off alot of great items.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• notslip0602286
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

good to know, thanks!

Comment

• Mulligans
        • Dec 2009

Reputation aside, you can get some great deals on AMI if you do your homework.

There are certainly a lot of these MH jerseys out there with the exact same signature and no paperwork. In most cases, they appear to be legit as does this one (IMO). I would never want to take away from the opportunity of a seller but with the 20% commission you are already at 2400. I think that there are a few forum members that would sell you this exact same jersey with credentials for 1800 to 2200 if you let them know that you are looking.

Best of luck!

Jeff

Comment

• notslip0602286
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

any idea who? This site charges another 20%? So I wouldn't be paying $1,920??

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

ok. heres a primer on marvin jerseys. look for custom elastic sleeves and the custom bottom. his jerseys normally do not show much use. the signature in the ami one is authentic and so is the jersey. the price is too high though and shill bidding is likely the cause. a grand through like 1,700 all inclusive they go for normally ones with less provenance like the one in question go for less. many have provenance from the company that had the colts jersey exclusives during that time period. i believe it is called gameday exclusives. member slam had one like three weeks ago he was selling i dont know if he still has it. i almost bought it but i bought a jason taylor and a ray lewis instead and ran out of funds.

Comment

• notslip0602286
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

yeah ive been talking to him, so that one looks real to you? it does to me as well. the only problem is that it isnt signed, and i dont think marvin is still doing signings these days, ever since the shooting incident he has kind of disappeared. im also looking for others, like reggie wayne, dallas clark, edgerrin james, those guys. i almost bought a james one on ebay a month ago, but it was a fake and luckily i found that out before i sent money, haha

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by notslip0602286
                yeah ive been talking to him, so that one looks real to you? it does to me as well. the only problem is that it isnt signed, and i dont think marvin is still doing signings these days, ever since the shooting incident he has kind of disappeared. im also looking for others, like reggie wayne, dallas clark, edgerrin james, those guys. i almost bought a james one on ebay a month ago, but it was a fake and luckily i found that out before i sent money, haha
                Yeah it is genuine. It also has a gameday exclusives coa/hologram. the drawback is its impossible to know what game it was used in and thus to try and photomatch it which is hard to begin with since his jerseys are so clean. personally i love knowing what game each of my jerseys was worn in. ive never seen a wayne or a clark. on the colts website there used to be stuff from jeff saturday and a few other mid tier guys like that but thats depleted. is the edge your talking about the 1,500 one?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

you should post in the items wanted section what you want and maybe you can find stuff that way. most of the major players in the hobby check this site alot even if they don't post.

Comment

• notslip0602286
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

yes, i won the auction for the edge jersey, then realized its a fake. i confronted the seller, he reposted it, then took it down a week or so later i think. unless he sold it to someone else. it was a throwback jersey, but from 05.....they didnt wear throwbacks in 05, just 04. so it didn't make sense. yeah colts stuff is pretty hard to find, or its really expensive.

Comment

• notslip0602286
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

see i like knowing what game the jersey is from, which is why i almost think that its worth it to pay the extra money for the autograph and extra reassurance of authenticity, knowing what game it is from. i did look up photos to this game, and the jersey in that game does seem to have stains on the right shoulder i believe, and lower back, but its hard to say, maybe it was washed???

Comment

• trsent
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                        ok. heres a primer on marvin jerseys. look for custom elastic sleeves and the custom bottom. his jerseys normally do not show much use. the signature in the ami one is authentic and so is the jersey. the price is too high though and shill bidding is likely the cause. a grand through like 1,700 all inclusive they go for normally ones with less provenance like the one in question go for less. many have provenance from the company that had the colts jersey exclusives during that time period. i believe it is called gameday exclusives. member slam had one like three weeks ago he was selling i dont know if he still has it. i almost bought it but i bought a jason taylor and a ray lewis instead and ran out of funds.
                        Can you advise how you can accuse this item of being a victim of shill bidding? I don't care if the price seems high, if you are going to make an accusation of this nature you should have some proof to back it up and not just speculation that may be taken the wrong way.

Comment

• notslip0602286
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

I think he was just stating an opinion, not necessarily a fact.....

anyway, here is the main picture i was referring to, notice the small grass stains on the left shoulder.....

Wide receiver Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts watches the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Alltel Stadium on October 3, 2004 in Jacksonville, Florida. The Colts won 24-17.

Comment

• jhunt28
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by notslip0602286
                            see i like knowing what game the jersey is from, which is why i almost think that its worth it to pay the extra money for the autograph and extra reassurance of authenticity, knowing what game it is from. i did look up photos to this game, and the jersey in that game does seem to have stains on the right shoulder i believe, and lower back, but its hard to say, maybe it was washed???

I haven't looked at the jersey in question, but I'm just saying this to throw an idea out there. Most jerseys that are a few years old have been washed by the teams...it's only since JO Sports and a few others that getting unwashed jerseys has become the popular thing to do. It makes the photomatching experience that much more fun! Obviously, this is NOT a blanket statement, as NFL Auctions has been selling unwashed jerseys for years. But I just wanted you to keep in mind that you shouldn't disregard, or think of a jersey as not real, just because it has been washed.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by trsent
                              Can you advise how you can accuse this item of being a victim of shill bidding? I don't care if the price seems high, if you are going to make an accusation of this nature you should have some proof to back it up and not just speculation that may be taken the wrong way.
                              the word probably indicates an opinion. well see if when the auction ends it ends up back on there or ebay shortly after. as you know ami has a long history of shill bidding and hidden reserves so it is not like im saying anything radical.

Comment

Working...