PDA

View Full Version : do you pay more for a GU item from a game that you attended?

jake33
03-18-2011, 12:58 PM
just curious if this holds true for others.... are you willing to pay a little bit more for a game used item from a game that you attended in person as a fan?

legaleagle92481
03-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Theres another thread on this but personally no because if you go to alot of games it shouldnt be that big a deal. I could see maybe if you proposed to your wife at a stadium getting something from the game or from your or your kids first game but if you go to 60 games a year is it really that special to pay more?

mad87man
03-20-2011, 02:06 AM
No, well maybe it all depends. I have Jets season tickets and have been going to games since i was about 4 or 5 i am now 23. I might pay a little more if its a cool jersey or something. The only bad part about where the Jets play is it is a turf field so jerseys don't get all muddy or what not, so if i go to a game in the pouring rain i can't really say yeah this was a game i sat in the rain i want one of them.

coxfan
03-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Anything can make an item more meaningful. I have g-u balls from my all my grandsons' birthdays, except the one born during spring training. I bought one from the first Rangers' game I went to. It depends on the individual.

Mulligans
03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
As some of you know.....During the Fall, Tom Brady offered to wear a Jersey of mine during Sunday's Ravens game. I knew that he would be wearing the jersey, so I brought my boys to their first Pats game which was really awesome. After the game, Tom asked how I would like the jersey signed and returned it to me after the game.

Last month, I saw the game ball from the Ravens game come up for auction. The game was extra special with all the stuff going on and because it was an overtime win against the Ravens who kicked our asses in the playoffs last year.

When I saw the Game ball come for Auction a few weeks ago, there was no way that I was going to lose out on that ball and I could have cared less what I had to pay for it to get it!.........Long story short, I got the Ball because of its special nature and it was my kids first Football game.

So the question is would I pay more for a GU item from a game I attended?......you better believe it not to mention my kids are psyched!

dplettn
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Anything can make an item more meaningful. I have g-u balls from my all my grandsons' birthdays, except the one born during spring training. I bought one from the first Rangers' game I went to. It depends on the individual.

That's a really neat thing. I have a strong focus myself on items with a special significance to my children. I justify the expense of things that will mean the world to them well into their adulthood long before I try to justify the expense of an item that I'd favor for myself.

Its nice to read your post and realize that maybe someday I'll be so blessed to achieve the same joy in doing such things for grandchildren too.

ballhawknet
03-24-2011, 07:40 PM

Ive been to hundreds of spring training games , and caught about 100 game home runs during them .... when was your grandson born ?? :)

gingi79
03-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Sure do!

Wife bought me the Line-up card from the game we saw in Atlanta on our Honeymoon as a First Wedding present.

I bought every jersey Sami Salo wore at every game I have seen him play in on Pre-order rather than wait for sales etc..

coxfan
03-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks, Ballhawk.Net! My oldest grandson was born on March 14, 2009. Though he's just turned two, he rushes to the TV whenever I have a game on, says "baseball," and watches a little with me.

My second grandson was born in Dallas on August 25, 2010 the same day the Rangers beat the Twins in Arlington on ESPN 2. Although 7 weeks premature, he thrived and was home in 1.5 weeks, and is doing great. I bought from the Rangers a g-u ball (fouled off by Molina) from his birthdate three days later while visiting there.

We were blessed again by our other daughter on September 28, 2010. I bought a g-u ball from the Rangers that was used on that date, when I went to the World Series Game 3.