PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez 2008 Japan Jersey (Hunt Auctions)

gameused
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Anyone win this jersey that just closed on Hunt auctions?

The Manny 2008 Japan jersey is orginally from the Highland Mint? Jersey was supposedly worn by Ramirez on March 26, 2008 against the Oakland Athletics in Tokyo, Japan

http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=85&lot_num=65

I dont think it was worn by Manny as the MLB holo states it's game issued.

Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Lokee
03-19-2011, 01:06 AM
I know that unless a MLB authenticator physically sees the jersey comes of the players back ect it is entered as game/team issued.

That being said I wonder if an MLB authenticator was in Japan for this game ?

gameused
03-19-2011, 02:28 AM
Lokee,

I was offered this exact jersey from Highland Mint a few years ago, the salesman was clueless and gave me the run around when I asked for some photos of the jersey, also the price was ridiculously high......I decided to pass.

I was also offered another Manny 2008 Japan jersey and passed again as I could not photo match the jersey to Getty pics, also this particular jersey was not MLB authenticated.

While comparing the "RAMIREZ" name plate on this Hunt auction jersey it does not match Getty images from that game, I'll post pics when I get some time.

So I do some digging with the MLB hologram number and started adding random digits and discovered that there is another Manny Japan jersey that's MLB authenticated as "Game Used" from the exact same game......go figure!!

So someone got ripped off on this Manny jersey, the guys at Highland Mint issued a COA stating the jersey was "Game Used" when the MLB holo clearly stated that it was "Team Issued":confused:

I'm going to contact Hunt Auctions and let them know of my findings. Hunt is a stand up company and I know they will correct this with the buyer.

Thanks, Bobby

Hunt Auction Manny Ramirez Japan jersey MLB Authenticated #BB920155