PDA

View Full Version : Who here has caught a MLB game home run?

sox83cubs84
03-20-2011, 02:48 AM
I know that the three ballhawks I am aware of on this site...Chicago ballhawk Dave Davison, the Happy Youngster out of Milwaukee, and yours truly, the Independent Ballhawk...have nabbed MLB game home runs. I also know of Chris Smith (Smitty) chasing down Eric Young Jr.'s first home run.

Who else out there has caught or retrieved a MLB game home run? Game only, regular season or postseason, and without offering cash or merchandise to another fan who snagged it?

I'm curious to see what this thread will include.

Dave Miedema

Lokee
03-20-2011, 11:02 AM
I caught a John Olerud (blue Jays) home run back at the Kingdome in Seattle.

Sportsislife
03-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Snuck threw a fence in the picnic area of Shea stadium to grab a Bobby bare homer in centerfield. Caught a ball at Jacobs field but do not remember by who.

4cuda9er
03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Got 2, both splashes...
BONDS and DELGADO

also 8 that hit the water, but ended up foul..
4-Bonds
1-Durham
1-J. Cruz
1-Finley
1-Winn

jake33
03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Odd enough, speaking of bribes.

I hit for the cycle one time in high school. Considering we played 7 innings, you were not guaranteed to even get 4 at bats in a game, so it meant a lot to me.

So back on May 15, 1998 in Eau Claire, WI, I hit for the cycle. The homerun was caught by a 10-year old kid on the other side of the 310 sign in left field. After crossing home plate, I went in our Dugout and gave $5.00 and a Don Mattingly 1985 Topps card that I carried around with me in my bat bag to a bench player on our team. The bench player went over in left field and traded both item with the 10 year old who caught my homerun ball. Still today, it is my favorite piece of game used memorabilia.

Sportsislife
03-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Got 2, both splashes...
BONDS and DELGADO

also 8 that hit the water, but ended up foul..
4-Bonds
1-Durham
1-J. Cruz
1-Finley
1-Winn

You still have any of those bonds splashes? Shoot me an email if you'd part with one davidrobrecht@gmail.com

AutographAddiction
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Only NCAA, Minor Leagues, High School, Middle School, and Little Leagues. I am due a MLB homer!

ifirocked
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Nope, i just bought a David Wright HR ball from a kid in Detroit in 2007. He was a Tigers fan and was more happy with the $60 then the ball.

flota89
03-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Not a game or anything, but still a cool piece. I ended up coming out of the pile with Prince Fielder's 14th home run of the 2009 Home Run Derby.

OaklandAsFan
03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I've got the HR ball that Eric Chavez hit off of Brandon Webb at Chase Field a few years ago. Until he hit one last season in the couple of games he played for the A's last year it was his last career HR.

I didn't catch it, it landed in the Dbacks bullpen and a former Oakland Athletic who my friend knew threw it up to me.

He signed it for me after the game.

BamaHater
03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I caught Morgan Ensberg's 1st grand slam when he was still with the Astros. It was hit into the Crawford Boxes. Ended up giving it back to him for an autographed bat and a chance to meet him after BP a few weeks later.

joecoco
03-27-2011, 07:19 AM
I was fortunate enought to catch Luis Hernandez's first homerun
during a game an O's game at Camden Yards when they played the Blue Jays.

It was surreal to say the least as I never thought I would get an mlb homerun. Anyways, security came down and asked broguht me to an area behind home plate where I was greeted by someone from PR. I asked for a signed bat in return for the ball.

After the game, I was given a signed bat from Luis (Sam bat!) and two mud rubbed game balls for myself and my brother, who was with me. I was 30 at the time but felt like 13; I guess that is what those experiences do to you :) - Joe

sammy
03-27-2011, 08:47 AM
I caught a Sammy Sosa foul at spring training in 1991, then got him to autograph a card after the game. He was such a small and skinny guy back then.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Larry Pelliccioni
03-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Best I could do was a football from a Detroit Drive Arena football league game.
Larry Pelliccioni

sox83cubs84
03-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Larry:

I did get an extra point (kicked by Frank Corral) at a 1983 USFL Chicago Blitz game. And, as shown in another thread, ballhawknet scored a practice kick on Sheffield Avenue before the Northwestern-Illinois game at Wrigley Field last November.

I also know of 2 NFL kicks scored by longtime ballhawk Rich Buhrke on Waveland Avenue during early 1960s Bears games.

Dave Miedema