PDA

View Full Version : UDA: Michael Jordan Autographed Home Jersey 95-96

SWPY
03-21-2011, 05:04 PM
For Sale: UDA Autographed Michael Jordan Home Jersey (95-96 Champion Pro-Cut White Size 46 + 3) w/ Matching COA (NOT Camp signed!)

Price: $500.00 Firm (S&H is the buyer’s responsibility)

Description: The Jersey and signature is in immaculate condition. There are no damage, whatsoever! Priced to sell fast! Please provide your e-mail address if you would like to see the pictures of the actual item.

Please Note: I work during office hours and I can only shop on Saturdays. This is the only day of the week I am able to stop by the post office, no exception! Please do not ask!

slam
03-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Please send pics to
slam_126@yahoo.com

therealaxis
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Please send pics I am very intrested kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

shafrancollectibles.com
03-21-2011, 07:22 PM
If still available, will buy it. Don't need photos and can paypal tonight.

brad@shafrancollectibles.com

therealaxis
03-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I will also paypal tonight if still available i will also bump the price to $520

therealaxis
03-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I Just sent payment let me know if you got it ok Thanks!

SWPY
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for all the interest! The item is SOLD!

slam
03-21-2011, 08:39 PM
You guys are a bunch of voltures . First to reply and not even an email, even through I send an email saying I wanted it.

ironmanfan
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
You guys are a bunch of voltures . First to reply and not even an email, even through I send an email saying I wanted it.

money talks............................................. .................

slam
03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
money talks............................................. .................

I would have matched that price. Guest I just have to be more under handed next time.

ironmanfan
03-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I would have matched that price. Guest I just have to be more under handed next time.

sometimes the picture collectors get knocked out

therealaxis
03-21-2011, 10:58 PM

Just to clarifie I was not trying to under hand anyone.I simply got a email stating first person to send the money get the jersey.I have been looking for a uda jersey to add to my collection for a long time guess I just got lucky this time.

slam
03-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Final comment from me. Nobody emailed me about first person to send
payment gets it. In fact I never even received an email and no it's not in my spam folder. Water under the bridge now. Congratulations on your pickup!

trsent
03-21-2011, 11:27 PM
I would have bought it also, but the price seems reasonable. A similiar jersey just sold on eBay from a year later for $625.00 including shipping.

I'm always looking for better UDA autographed items slightly below market.

jobathenut
03-22-2011, 12:26 AM
SLAM-I know you said final comment.But i just had to come on here and express what i think.I know this is none of my buinsness.But i am totally behind you on this.As it was not right what happen here.You were the first to email interest.You should get first chance to buy it.Its not right that the seller could'nt even give the respect of a email.And i just have to say to "therealaxis",its kind of underhand to bump your buying offer to $520(which also viloated forum rules-no items sold over $500-that should also include buyers bumping thier offers).Not to mention the seller had the item at the limit at $500, but then said shipping and handling will be handled by buyer.Therefor exceeding the limit to sell on this forum.So that to me is also a little underhanded.Slam, i really feel for you.As you were screwed here-I'd be pissed:mad:
Final comment from me. Nobody emailed me about first person to send
payment gets it. In fact I never even received an email and no it's not in my spam folder. Water under the bridge now. Congratulations on your pickup!

therealaxis
03-22-2011, 12:45 AM
SLAM-I know you said final comment.But i just had to come on here and express what i think.I know this is none of my buinsness.But i am totally behind you on this.As it was not right what happen here.You were the first to email interest.You should get first chance to buy it.Its not right that the seller could'nt even give the respect of a email.And i just have to say to "therealaxis",its kind of underhand to bump your buying offer to $520(which also viloated forum rules-no items sold over $500-that should also include buyers bumping thier offers).Not to mention the seller had the item at the limit at $500, but then said shipping and handling will be handled by buyer.Therefor exceeding the limit to sell on this forum.So that to me is also a little underhanded.Slam, i really feel for you.As you were screwed here-I'd be pissed:mad:

In my defense slam was not the first to email interest he simply requested photos like I did before I realized the demand was going to be too high on this to wait for photos.If anything brad was first to show full interest and I am assuming he received a email and I was just the first to papal the money.I can see why it looks like my intent was under handed but in all honesty the seller priced the jersey to sell fast and I was just first to pull the trigger.Regarding the $500 limit the seller did not make me pay $520 as was offered due to that rule I am assuming.

jobathenut
03-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Hummmm...First to ask for photos-IS first to express interest.At least to me it is.If i am selling something and someone asks for photos i am assumming they are interested.Hey,i dont put this on you.I put this on the seller.As i happen to think there is a right way to do buisness and a right way to show respect as a seller.And i just happen to take first come first one to get a shot at it.Hell,at least gets a email response for it.I understand the seller price it to make a fast sell.But they were going to get thier fast sell anyways.So you email "slam" and let him know i need a decision fast as i have others interestred and need to move on this.You at least give him a chance,even if to rush him on it.And not to be picky,but the buying price was $500 and with shipping it would have gone over the limit.So your offer didnt matter.So we can just put our items at the limit of $500 and then say plus shipping and handling? But anyways,i am done with this.I just wanted "slam" to know it was terrible to be screwed like they were....
In my defense slam was not the first to email interest he simply requested photos like I did before I realized the demand was going to be too high on this to wait for photos.If anything brad was first to show full interest and I am assuming he received a email and I was just the first to papal the money.I can see why it looks like my intent was under handed but in all honesty the seller priced the jersey to sell fast and I was just first to pull the trigger.Regarding the $500 limit the seller did not make me pay $520 as was offered due to that rule I am assuming.

Sportsislife
03-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I disagree. He made a general request for photos. Seller may not have been on website, but was able to check email via phone or whatever. Whenever I sell something, especially when I price it to sell quickly, I am going to sell it to the first person who says what's your paypal I'll buy this or something else to that extent.

shafrancollectibles.com
03-22-2011, 07:14 AM
FYI - I did NOT receive any emails from the seller about the jersey.

trsent
03-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Wow - Guy did nothing wrong. He posted a sale, and took payment from the first person to offer payment and sold his item. I'm pretty sure posting a request for pictures does not count as an offer to buy.

It is unfortunate the item was swept up so quickly, but as a seller he has a right to accept on an open forum from whichever buyer he wishes and if someone asks for pictures that does not put the item on hold for them.

shafrancollectibles.com
03-22-2011, 07:25 AM
The way I initially read the thread, the first 2 posts expressed interest whereas my post expressed a committed desire to buy. That said, I wasn't surprised not to ultimately be offered the item as two people had posted ahead of me. However, an offer to pay more than the asking price (and over the forum limit) was a bit disconcerting but it's water under the bridge at this point.

Seller's item = seller's choice.

otismalibu
03-22-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm sure it's not been mailed out yet.

Now is the time for everyone to submit their Maravich Offers.

therealaxis
03-22-2011, 07:38 AM
To be honest when I offered 520 the 500 dollar limit did not cross my mind,I completely spaced it.My reasoning for being somewhat aggressive with this purchase has no malicious intent.I have posted a few times on for sale posts asking for pictures and upon receiving pictures decided not to purchase.I did not want to get labled as a picture collector on a forum I frequent so often so I payed the money soon as I received an email.This is my first purchase from a forum member and my over the limit offer definatly reflects that and I apologize and will not let it happen again.

shafrancollectibles.com
03-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Enjoy the jersey!!!

Jags Fan Dan
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
This probably needs its own thread, but a valid point has been raised here: What exactly is the protocol for how sales on this forum should be treated? For example, if an item is posted for sale and you email to ask about it or ask for photos, do you need to post in the for sale thread "Email sent!" to show that you basically have first crack at it? Or should the seller be the one to control everything so far as pecking order, because some people will likely email without posting to the thread?

I do, however, agree, that the first person to commit to buy should get the item. If I'm still kicking tires while somebody else is opening their wallet, I'd better be ready to watch the car drive off.

SWPY
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
From my point of view as the seller, I feel that the first post does not express that much of an interest on my item other than the fact that he/she simply requested for pictures. No offense, but I have dealt with a lot of people who just wanted to view my item without purchasing it. I simply do not have time for this, especially if the item is priced to sell fast!

The second post; however, stated that he is "VERY" interested on the item, so I let him get the 1st stab. There is nothing wrong with that. It is my decision to e-mail whoever I feel is more interested on the item. Nowhere on my listing did I ever say first come first serve!

Lastly, whoever made the comment "money talks" - $20.00 is a non-factor whatsoever in my decision! I am already listing well below market! That $20.00 will go towards his shipping anyway!

At the end of the day, the item is SOLD! There is no need for unnecessary comments, etc. I have followed the rule and have done nothing wrong!

Falcon
03-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Seller did absolutely nothing wrong. I've sold many jerseys through email and I can tell u that for every one jersey I've sold, I must've sent out 5 photos of it. If someone has cash money, that's who gets the jersey.

MarinersFan34
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I think it can go both ways.

First, in this case it's an UDA Jordan jersey, you can find pictures of these all over the internet, so you have a very good idea of what the item is without having to see the actual item. In this case, I think you pay up or shut up.

Second, there is always talk on here about doing your research, requesting info/pics aka "doing your homework" on gu items, which I know doesn't relate to the item sold this time. Requesting photos should not be a deal breaker and what makes a person lose an item. In the case of the Jordan jersey, you know what a UDA Jordan jersey is, there really is no need for pictures imo.

I've been burned both ways but only on gu items, requesting pictures to make sure it specs out correctly only to lose it to someone who simply said I'll take it and pays up no questions asked. Then I've been burned doing that and the item lacks all player characteristics and was used by someone else or is not exactly what it was sold as.

You win some, you lose some..

jobathenut
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
You did do something wrong.You broke the forum rules on a $500 limit.As the shipping would have put it over that.It's a good thing i am not a moderator on here as i would have sent you a warning not to do that again or you would be banned.As others have been banned on here for far less (ex-skyking)....
From my point of view as the seller, I feel that the first post does not express that much of an interest on my item other than the fact that he/she simply requested for pictures. No offense, but I have dealt with a lot of people who just wanted to view my item without purchasing it. I simply do not have time for this, especially if the item is priced to sell fast!

The second post; however, stated that he is "VERY" interested on the item, so I let him get the 1st stab. There is nothing wrong with that. It is my decision to e-mail whoever I feel is more interested on the item. Nowhere on my listing did I ever say first come first serve!

Lastly, whoever made the comment "money talks" - $20.00 is a non-factor whatsoever in my decision! I am already listing well below market! That $20.00 will go towards his shipping anyway!

At the end of the day, the item is SOLD! There is no need for unnecessary comments, etc. I have followed the rule and have done nothing wrong!

SWPY
03-22-2011, 07:33 PM
You did do something wrong.You broke the forum rules on a $500 limit.As the shipping would have put it over that.It's a good thing i am not a moderator on here as i would have sent you a warning not to do that again or you would be banned.As others have been banned on here for far less (ex-skyking)....

Let the moderator decide! If I broke the rule, I will REFUND the buyer $20.00 and post the PayPal proof on this forum, so people like you can shut up!

Sportsislife
03-22-2011, 07:56 PM

I'm pretty sure there are a good amount of people who post items at 500+ shipping on this forum. I am an outsider looking in, but it makes no sense to me why you repeatedly bash a person who did nothing wrong. He was selling a product, and most of the time when you are the buyer you go to the seller. If someone calls a car dealership asking of they have a car on the lot and that they are going to come down later and look at it as they are very interested, and then 20 minutes later a different person walks in sees said car and offers it to buy it in cash in full on the spot. Guess what, I can guarantee you that if you, me or anyone else was the dealer, we are not telling that guy sorry some guy called before saying he was interested. Sometimes it works the other way where seller has to basically beg a buyer to buy and other times the buyer has to be proactive that's just how it is.

dcgreg25
03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
The Collector to Collector Classified rules read as follows:

" In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500. If any of these rules are broken the poster will be suspended immediately without prior warning. This forum is being offered as a service to our members and we will not be sending warning emails to offenders, etc. Selling on this forum is free and is being offered exclusively at the request of our members. However, buyers need to be aware there are no guarantees to the claims of sellers and you are buying at your on risk."

The rules do not specifically contemplate a situation where a buyer offers unsolicited to pay more than the asking price although they do state "the sale price limit is $500." In order to avoid any potential action on a user's account, it is best that a buyer avoid offering a price over the $500 limit.

This thread will now be closed as the forum rules are clear in that Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluation of transactions. If anyone has any futher questions or concerns feel free to email me or all of the moderators using the Contract Forum Moderator link at the top of the page. Thanks.