X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nate
    • Nov 2005

Funny Fakes

Ebayer purchases jerseys of Mantle, Williams, Jordan...etc

Not only does he have the feedback from the unsigned jerseys available but he uses THEIR pictures of the jersey!
  • 2000mvpfan
    • Nov 2005

Re: Funny Fakes

.....even better,look at the Babe Ruth Commemorative Ball he won on 8/6,and look at the "signed" Ruth ball he's got for sale right now.

I guess it must have been really hard to get out the words Commemorative Edition out from under the sig,but it's laughable that he left the rest of the ball snow white!

Joe
    sigpic
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Comment

• ahuff
      • Nov 2005

That sort of stuff makes me angry. Did you notice that there are no returns on autographed items?

I think the stuff he has up there now looks so bogus that nobody seems to be giving it the time of day, with just a few exceptions. Perhaps one of us should buy it and then turn them into http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

That brings up a great question. Who should police this type of behavior? I've been putting a lot of thought into this, lately. Haven't we had members who have purchased bogus items simply to be able to turn potentially fraudulent items in? I think it is a great idea, because it will not get better, but simply worse, if we sit back and do nothing.

Another question, is this - Do any of you have knowledge of replica jerseys. I only own one, but isn't there a way to track the year it was made by the style of the manufacturers tag? Perhaps the manufacture date would actually be after they time they deceased.

By the way, Eric, I have contacted the seller to see where the sigs were obtained from on the deceased guys. I haven't heard back, yet.
      "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

You can report it to Ebay. If you give them enough evidence showing that it is not what they say it is the will remove the Auction or possibly suspend/ban the Ebay Seller.

Comment

• stkmtimo
          • Nov 2005

All of that stuff is fake, fake, fake! Also, what moron would put an authentic Babe Ruth signed baseball on what looks like a path of rocks in the guy's yard?

Tim

Comment

• mr.miracle
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by stkmtimo
            All of that stuff is fake, fake, fake! Also, what moron would put an authentic Babe Ruth signed baseball on what looks like a path of rocks in the guy's yard?

Tim

Don't know if anyone noticed but our good friend and fellow forum member fraudfinder is the next to highest bidder on the Ruth ball auction. It looks like he is diligently patrolling the auctions of ebay to make sure that all is on the up and up.
            Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• mr.miracle
              • Apr 2006

On a side note, if you are selling a highly priced item on ebay that appears to be at least somewhat questionable and you find that the high bidder for your item is someone named fraudfinder, I would think that perhaps that would set off the alarm bells that maybe, just maybe you might have a very serious problem on your hands.
              Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• stkmtimo
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mr.miracle
                On a side note, if you are selling a highly priced item on ebay that appears to be at least somewhat questionable and you find that the high bidder for your item is someone named fraudfinder, I would think that perhaps that would set off the alarm bells that maybe, just maybe you might have a very serious problem on your hands.
                Exactly, I'd be really nervous if I saw that and was a bidder. Luckily, this is so blatantly fake that we shouldn't have much (if any) serious bidding. The COA is the funniest part, especially the last two lines.

Tim

Comment

• jon_8_us
                  • May 2006

If you look closely at the Ruth ball it is not the same as the one he bought and has feedback for on 8/6.The stitiching is different.I believe he probably bought the ball so he had a good signature to copy.This guy is a complete joke and a thief.Something should happen with the authorities here!He is clearly a forgerer and a thief!
                  jon
                  Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• cjosefy
                    • Nov 2005

Cut a hole in a card, stick a patch in it, stamp it with your own 1/1 stamp and you get:

Michael Jordan: A "Tribut" to Greatness
                    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
                    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
                    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
                    chris.josefy@gmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

Now That Is Classic!!!

Comment

• stkmtimo
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cjosefy
                        Cut a hole in a card, stick a patch in it, stamp it with your own 1/1 stamp and you get:

Michael Jordan: A "Tribut" to Greatness
                        Ah, playing the "dumb" card. He says: "I don't know much about cards so I'm selling it like I see it." I've seen that tactic used so many times so people can try to recuse themselves from potential liability if they are found out to be frauds. What a joke!

Tim

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

I would have been able to accept it just a bit more if the guy didnt cut off the Letter "E" to the word "Tribute" when he stuck the patch in the card lol lol

Comment

• jon_8_us
                            • May 2006

I can see where you guys find this funny but this guy is a criminal!He is a autograph forgerer and a card forgerer as well.He has robbed thousands of dollars from people for 100% bogus items.I don't know enough to do something about it but i know someone out there does.Getting kicked of ebay is not enough.This guy should be prosecuted!
                            jon
                            Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• bat_master
                              • Sep 2005

Hi Everyone,

I seriously don't understand why this is considered a joke? There shouldn't be a single "LOL" in this entire thread.

I went back through the feedback from this seller and he is burning people left and right.

Here are some of his past transactions:

I reported him for the Favre and Mantle jersey sales as well as the current Babe Ruth ball. This guy is making an obscene amount of money by ripping people off and as a collective we group we should all be outraged.

Tim Byington
                              www.tjsportsmn.com
                              sigpic
                              Tim Byington
                              Hall of Fame Bats
                              tim@hofbats.com

Comment

Working...