PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Terry Crews Game Worn Jersey

Krsoneus
03-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Wanted to see any opinions as to how much a
Terry Crews Game Worn Chargers Jersey would bring in at auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Diego-Chargers-Terry-Crews-Game-Worn-Jersey-PSA-DNA-/330545950689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf612efe1

I've seen the one listed here on ebay, asking price $1Million O.B.O.
Just curious how much it would actually go for at a GreyFlannel, AMI type auction... $500? $5,000? Do you think the seller is thinking he is going to get in the low thousands? It seems like any seller that has his item listed as "best offer" is admitting they won't get there listed amount and is "starting high".. I just wonder if he really believes he can get even $100,000 for it...

Any Thoughts?

trsent
03-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Wanted to see any opinions as to how much a
Terry Crews Game Worn Chargers Jersey would bring in at auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Diego-Chargers-Terry-Crews-Game-Worn-Jersey-PSA-DNA-/330545950689?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf612efe1

I've seen the one listed here on ebay, asking price $1Million O.B.O.
Just curious how much it would actually go for at a GreyFlannel, AMI type auction... $500? $5,000? Do you think the seller is thinking he is going to get in the low thousands? It seems like any seller that has his item listed as "best offer" is admitting they won't get there listed amount and is "starting high".. I just wonder if he really believes he can get even $100,000 for it...

Any Thoughts?

Some sellers use the best offer button to gage what an item is worth, or to give discounts if multiple items are won. This seller is using the button abusively as you can tell. It is not reasonable to assume that everyone with a make an offer button is overpricing their item. I bought an item a few months ago that the buy it now was $3000.00 with a best offer button that ended up saving me $150.00 which was the lowest the seller would take! Since I would have paid the full price, I thought it interesting they only had 5% room.

DeacDoug
03-25-2011, 06:57 AM
200-300 dollars IMO. Some folks really like the 75 year patch worn in '94.

legaleagle92481
03-25-2011, 08:41 AM
he priced it that high for one of two reasons. one soley to draw attention. it comes up first when you search items listed in decreasing price order and no matter how you search item jumps out at you cause of the price causing people to view it. the other reason could be he has no intention of selling and is just showing the item off. there was a guy who used to do this alot with autographs a few years ago. he would have like a wade boggs signed baseball for 800 bucks. imo the jersey is worth no more than a grand. the value is as a conversation piece and to some for the patch.he was a bad football player and is relatively unknown as an actor. goldbergs falcons jerseys go for around that and at least he was a legend to wrestling fans.

short84
03-25-2011, 10:46 AM
What caught my eye, and it may be the angle of the photo, was the NFL shield. The Crews is listed first and a photo of one of my Cowboys' jerseys from 1994 (also a Russell brand) is below. The Cowboys' jersey is 100% authentic and came directly from the Dallas Cowboys. Look at the "N" of the NFL shield. Were there variations of the NFL logo in 1994?

NEFAN
03-25-2011, 12:31 PM
What caught my eye, and it may be the angle of the photo, was the NFL shield. The Crews is listed first and a photo of one of my Cowboys' jerseys from 1994 (also a Russell brand) is below. The Cowboys' jersey is 100% authentic and came directly from the Dallas Cowboys. Look at the "N" of the NFL shield. Were there variations of the NFL logo in 1994?

Wow. good catch.

5kRunner
03-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe its the angle the photo was taken, but the entire bottom of that patch seems off.

The bottom of the "F" is flat, where it should be sloping down. Like this \

The bottom of the "L" is also flat, it should be sloping up. Like this /

Even the patch itself looks flat on the bottom.

platinum1
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Also the bottom part of the NFL shield patch on the Cowboys jersey is pointie and the one on the Crews jersey isn't. Its almost flat

trsent
03-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Isn't this the Old Spice Guy?

If you get the seller to take 10-20% off, it may be a good deal.

tcfor3
03-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Two things jump out from the images provided by the seller.

The first is that the PSA/DNA certification lists the jersey as being from 1993, not 1994 as the patch would indicate.

The second is that the final image shows Crews wearing a jersey that doesn't have the 75th anniversary patch on the front.

If you are going to ask a million dollars for a jersey, it would make sense to make sure you provide information that doesn't confuse what you are selling.

kudu
03-28-2011, 02:23 AM
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo152/GoodnightWalter/animated/popcorn.gif

kudu
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Should a 1993 NFL shield look the same as a 1994 NFL shield, or should they look different?

solarlottry
04-02-2011, 04:13 AM
The 49ers wore shirts from as early as 1991 in 1994. They just added the patches to them so the shield could be from any of those years. In fact I have a 1992 Marc Logan jersey that started as a regular 1992 shirt. The team then added the 75th patch and the shirt used as a non-throwback. It was then converted to a throwback shirt by removing the sleeve #s and replacing the front and back #s with TB #s. Sometimes it can be tough to figure these shirts out.

Always buying 49ers 1994 gamers
garciajones@yahoo.com

jppopma
04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I have known seller to inflate prices, just in hopes of landing an unsuspecting buyer with an OBO. Seems to be alot of uneducated buyers that are just looking for the "deal". You all know them, the guys that will offer 10% and annoy most decent sellers....

In this case, if someone saw the listing, thought for a second it may really be a million dollar jersey, then offered 10%...the seller would get a $100,000 sale. Much much more than its actually worth.

Also, it drives me nuts when sellers put pictures of players in totally different jerseys (not even style matches).

legaleagle92481
04-03-2011, 12:43 AM
I have known seller to inflate prices, just in hopes of landing an unsuspecting buyer with an OBO. Seems to be alot of uneducated buyers that are just looking for the "deal". You all know them, the guys that will offer 10% and annoy most decent sellers....

In this case, if someone saw the listing, thought for a second it may really be a million dollar jersey, then offered 10%...the seller would get a $100,000 sale. Much much more than its actually worth.

Also, it drives me nuts when sellers put pictures of players in totally different jerseys (not even style matches).

No offense but when was the last time a modern regular season jersey went for even $30,000? Discounting one worn during like a milestone achievement. Nobody's paying 100 grand for any modern jersey.

jppopma
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
No offense but when was the last time a modern regular season jersey went for even $30,000? Discounting one worn during like a milestone achievement. Nobody's paying 100 grand for any modern jersey.

I doubt this would be even close to $30,000....just trying to guess at why he would list it like that. My example was just that IF someone THOUGHT they were getting a good deal by offering 10% of whatever amount, that the seller would luck out and have a sale over 100 times the true value.

No offense taken, I really doubt that it would happen....but you never know on Ebay.

beachpetrol
05-05-2016, 02:56 AM
nevermind....