PDA

View Full Version : My First Visit To The Braves Clubhouse Store.....

kylehess10
08-24-2006, 02:04 PM
I went to the Braves Clubhouse Store in the CNN Center for the first time today and let me just tell you, it's not worth it. They kept saying during Braves games that it's your #1 spot for game used but they barely had anything. They had 2 jerseys,15 bats,a few line-up cards,1 helmet, and 20 hats. Not really your #1 spot. They're prices were ridiculous. I ended up just buying a Wilson Betemit game worn hat. For a Jhonny Estrada game worn BATTING PRACTICE jersey, they wanted $500!!! And all of their bats were $150 and up, even for the crappy players. And one thing that I saw which was very strange to me was a Terry Pendelton game used bat signed by Rafael Furcal. Some really weird stuff for crazy prices

skipcareyisfat
08-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Kyle,
I'm pretty much with you on that assessment. I work across the street from the CNN Center and I make a trip over to the store about once a week during lunch. They get new merchandise in every Friday, which includes the occasional g/u stuff. It is mostly junk, but I have purchased some decent stuff there over the years that I thought were pretty good deals.

FYI, in a couple weeks, they're gonna give away one g/u base from the upcoming Giants and Cubs series' to each person who buys at least $400 worth of merch from the store.

Jason

ham1963
08-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Kyle,
Sorry to hear that your adventure was not fun. I know driving Peachtree St. is not fun either. Plus I remember how disappointed I was when I went to the Cinncy Reds store in the Westin years ago.:confused: I guess that one of the best places to get gameused items is thought the internet.:D Question do the Alt. Hawks have a store and do they sell game-used items?
John

kylehess10
08-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Kyle,
Sorry to hear that your adventure was not fun. I know driving Peachtree St. is not fun either. Plus I remember how disappointed I was when I went to the Cinncy Reds store in the Westin years ago.:confused: I guess that one of the best places to get gameused items is thought the internet.:D Question do the Alt. Hawks have a store and do they sell game-used items?
John

I know there's some Hawks stores in Phillips Arena but I'm not sure if they sell game used. I do know though that Bob Pressley with BP Sports here in Atlanta has a few Hawks game worn jerseys for sale. I saw them the last time I was in his shop. His website is www.bpsports47.com (http://www.bpsports47.com) (the jersey's aren't on his site, you have to call him about that)