PDA

View Full Version : White Sox and Blackhawks GU updates

sox83cubs84
03-28-2011, 07:35 AM
First off, the White Sox annual in-season Garage Sale (at the Cell) will be held on May 14, in conjunction with another promotion. I'll print more details when/if I get them.

Second, Murf Denny mentioned in his weekly email that the NHL Blackhawks, while still offering game worn jerseys on their website, will soon eschew that in favor of sales at the team's summer fan convention.

Dave Miedema

jake33
03-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi Dave, are you going to Rays vs. Sox on April 7th-10th?

Also, do they sell locker name plates there at sox fan fest?

sox83cubs84
03-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi Dave, are you going to Rays vs. Sox on April 7th-10th?

Also, do they sell locker name plates there at sox fan fest?

Jake:

I hope to be there for 1 or 2 of the games (I'll be by either the Sox or Rays dugout).

Not sure about the locker room plates, as I've never really been on the lookout for them.

Dave Miedema

jake33
03-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Dave, i may have an extra ticket for the Thursday game. Let me know if you'd like it.

Is it easy to get autographs outside the stadium when the rays team bus arrives to the cell? Does the bus show up about 6 hours before game time?

sox83cubs84
03-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Dave, i may have an extra ticket for the Thursday game. Let me know if you'd like it.

Is it easy to get autographs outside the stadium when the rays team bus arrives to the cell? Does the bus show up about 6 hours before game time?

Jake:

Thursday ticket would be gladly accepted.

The Rays team bus parks in a fenced in lot that collectors cannot access. Early arrivals take cabs to gate 4 (press/disabled gate) and, unlike at Wrigley Field, the autograph hounds at the Cell aren't legends-in-their-own-minds...they often are helpful.

Gates may open 2 hours prior to game time instead of the usual 90 minutes due to it being Opening Day. Unless something changes this year, the areas on either side of the dugout are still fan-accessible for BP.

Dave Miedema

jake33
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi Dave, I always get there very early for autographs in BP, so is it not worth my time to get there when the team bus arrives?

Give me a call at 262.455.1404

Might be able to get you a good seat...