PDA

View Full Version : Photoshelter Help

russyurk
03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I've found some great photo matching shots on Photoshelter but no matter what tricks I try I am unable to right click and save any of the photos. I'm not looking to buy a shot, I'm totally happy with the copyright info plastered across the image I just can't seem to save a version bigger than the thumbnail. I was wondering if anyone more graphics savy can offer any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

RaiderNationPDX
03-28-2011, 11:57 PM
I've found some great photo matching shots on Photoshelter but no matter what tricks I try I am unable to right click and save any of the photos. I'm not looking to buy a shot, I'm totally happy with the copyright info plastered across the image I just can't seem to save a version bigger than the thumbnail. I was wondering if anyone more graphics savy can offer any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Based on the page source code, looks like Photoshelter uses embedded Java images, which are resistant to being saved directly from the browser. There are utilities such as PicaLoader that will extract Java-linked images, but at the price of most of these (not to mention PicaLoader's use is more for mass extraction of images), might as well pay for the download or find a secondary source. That's my thought, if anyone else has a better way around this, I'd love to hear about it too.

LWMM
03-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Just hit "PrtSc" (print screen) on your keyboard, which will take a screen shot. You can then open Microsoft Paint or something similar, paste the image there, and crop out the extraneous bits.