PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee Ball

philsfan
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Thought you guys would find this interesting. Was in Clearwater watching the Phils a few days ago. I waited in the parking lot after the game (was the only one) since the game hadn't ended yet. The security guard kept saying, "the players won't sign for you beat it, beat it". Experience told me differently. If I was the only one in the lot....I had a shot. Well, low and behold, one Cliff Lee drove by in his 7 series beamer, rolled the window down and signed my ball. Strangely, he gave me an odd look when he handed it back to me. I said thanks, told him he was the best and backed away from his car. Took a look at the ball and noticed the oddity. He signed the ball, Cliff Lee #73???? Cliff is of course #33 this season. Very strange. What to do? Fix the 73? Leave it alone? For all you guys who remember This Week in Baseball...."You make the call!" My gut says leave it alone. Kind of like an error baseball card. BTW...got plenty of autographs and basically told the guard to F*** off.

trsent
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Thought you guys would find this interesting. Was in Clearwater watching the Phils a few days ago. I waited in the parking lot after the game (was the only one) since the game hadn't ended yet. The security guard kept saying, "the players won't sign for you beat it, beat it". Experience told me differently. If I was the only one in the lot....I had a shot. Well, low and behold, one Cliff Lee drove by in his 7 series beamer, rolled the window down and signed my ball. Strangely, he gave me an odd look when he handed it back to me. I said thanks, told him he was the best and backed away from his car. Took a look at the ball and noticed the oddity. He signed the ball, Cliff Lee #73???? Cliff is of course #33 this season. Very strange. What to do? Fix the 73? Leave it alone? For all you guys who remember This Week in Baseball...."You make the call!" My gut says leave it alone. Kind of like an error baseball card. BTW...got plenty of autographs and basically told the guard to F*** off.

I would leave the ball as is. Guys rush their autographs all the time, and I have seen numbers just not look right from many guys over the years.

dwolfe12345
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Josh Hamilton is bad about putting 33 on his when he gets in a hurry instead of 32. I would leave it alone. I think it make for a nice story. I have a Patrick Patterson (NBA) autograph from when he was in HS where he wrote his number twice. We were talking about a jersey and he got side tracked and I just left it alone.

DeacDoug
03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
If you are going to sell it, take the number off with Mr. Clean magic eraser. Otherwise, leave the ball alone. Ask him to "sweat spot" next time. Cliff is a pretty decent guy, but Phils fans will test his patience because there are so many who want autographs.