PDA

View Full Version : "Disgruntled collector to sell Bonds memorabilia"

staindsox
08-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I thought all of you guys might appreciate this article on espn.com since we've already heard about it so much.

Chris

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2560336

sportscentury
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Chris,

Thanks for posting this. Sounds like Bonds completely ruined a long-time hobby for a passionate fan and collector. Bonds clearly has some pretty serious and persistent personality problems. Hopefully the stuff will do well in Lelands, at least.

I have been offered some amazing Bonds items at very low prices recently ... no doubt that the market has plummeted, just as the bottom fell out for Raffy. With that said, if you remain a Bonds or Raffy collector, it is a buyer's market for certain. Same is true for Mac and Sosa.

Reid

Eric
08-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Memorabilia collector dumping Bonds
By LANCE WILLIAMS and MARK FAINARU-WADA
August 23, 2006

For nearly 20 years, former New York investment banker Jeff Kranz was Barry Bonds' most determined fan.
Kranz quit his job on Wall Street to trail the slugger across the country and watch him play baseball. He schmoozed with Bonds in phone calls and on visits to the Giants dugout. He bought him gifts and paid him tens of thousands of dollars to sign bats and balls at private autograph sessions.

Along the way, Kranz says, he spent more than $250,000 to build the world's greatest collection of Bonds' game-used gear: 11 fielder's gloves, 33 jerseys and 166 bats, many of them autographed by the Giants star.

The remains of that trove of baseball history - including the jersey Bonds wore when he hit his first home run at Pac Bell Park and his cleats from the 1996 All-Star Game - are for sale this month on an Internet auction.

Kranz is embittered because he says Bonds falsely told the FBI that many items in his collection were fakes - and then brought FBI agents to the collector's Long Island home in search of clues. He has broken with Bonds and has dumped his Bonds memorabilia, selling much of it at deep discount.

Bonds' accusations about fake memorabilia were "bogus" and "a total lie," Kranz says, and he found them particularly hurtful because he had done so much to ingratiate himself with the slugger.

"Barry should appreciate a person like me," Kranz said when interviewed by The San Francisco Chronicle. "Personally, I felt betrayed."

Kranz's story of Bonds and his disputed memorabilia sheds light on the origins of the federal investigation into whether the outfielder committed perjury in connection with the BALCO steroids conspiracy case.

The person Kranz was buying most of his memorabilia from was Bonds' then-business manager Steve Hoskins, who has emerged as a prospective witness against the Giants star.

Federal documents show that in July 2003, Bonds went to the Federal Building in San Francisco and complained to an FBI agent that Hoskins had been "forging Barry's name to merchandise and then pocketing the money," as Bonds' lawyer, Michael Rains, puts it.

Unbeknownst to Bonds, federal agents were investigating BALCO and had put Bonds' trainer and suspected drug supplier, Greg Anderson, under surveillance. Anderson and three other men later pleaded guilty to steroid dealing as a result of that investigation.

Without explanation, the agent asked Bonds whether he had ever used steroids. Rains said Bonds was not told he was under investigation, even though agents "had Greg and Barry under surveillance for months by then," and "obviously they were targeting Barry." Bonds denied using steroids, federal records show, and repeated the denial before a grand jury in December 2003.

Now the government is investigating whether Bonds lied when he made those statements. It is a crime to lie to a federal agent, as well as to lie in sworn testimony before a grand jury. Last year, the FBI dismissed Bonds' complaints about memorabilia fraud and exonerated Hoskins, according to Hoskins' lawyer, Michael Cardoza.

After that, government investigators interviewed Hoskins about Bonds, Cardoza told The San Francisco Chronicle. Hoskins told the investigators that he had personal knowledge that Bonds used steroids, Cardoza said.

Rains has denied that Bonds used performance-enhancing drugs and dismissed Hoskins as a vengeful ex-friend with a motive to lie.

Rains called Kranz "a very legitimate and ethical guy." But he disputed the collector's claim that the Giants slugger made false accusations about the memorabilia, saying Bonds went to the FBI to stop a real crime.

Over the years Hoskins assisted Kranz in buying many items of Bonds memorabilia, Kranz says, and he is convinced they were authentic and were sold with Bonds' approval. In many cases, Kranz says, there are photos of Bonds signing the very bats and jerseys he later told the FBI were forgeries.

Kranz, 47, is a lifelong baseball fan. He says he worked for years as a bond broker and partner at Cantor Fitzgerald LP, a big New York investment bank that before the 2001 terrorist attacks was headquartered in the World Trade Center.

In 1993, before a Giants game against the Reds, Kranz says he met Bonds in a Cincinnati hotel room and paid him $40,000 to autograph 1,000 items - bats, balls, ticket stubs, copies of a Sports Illustrated magazine with Bonds on the cover. After that, Kranz says, he quit Wall Street to devote all his time to traveling to Giants games and collecting and reselling Bonds gear. His hobby, as he says, became his business.

In the years that followed, Kranz says, he had "many personal conversations and many phone conversations" with the Giants star. Hoskins often got Kranz into the Giants dugout before games so he could talk to Bonds, he says. When he wasn't at the game, Kranz tracked Bonds' hitting, making a practice of "waiting up on ESPN to see his numbers" before going to bed.

It was exciting to follow the arc of Bonds' career, especially as the slugger zeroed in on the single-season home run record during the 2001 season. But even on a good day Bonds was a difficult man to be around, Kranz says. At the Cincinnati session, he recalls that Bonds greeted him rudely, saying, "How much money are you going to make off of me?" When Bonds finished signing, Kranz said, the ballplayer refused to pose for a photo with Kranz's 8-year-old son.

Rains said that "Kranz has been unhappy with Barry because Barry didn't take the time to offer the personal touches, to call and thank him, to pose for pictures and do all the things one might expect if one spends that kind of money" on an athlete's memorabilia.

Kranz began selling his Bonds gear in a market that he says had been "deeply depressed" by the combination of the memorabilia controversy and the steroid scandal. Before BALCO, game-used Bonds bats could command $3,500, he says. But in recent months, they have gone for as little as $1,100.

"It's like bad news on a stock," he says.

Kranz's auction at Lelands.com, which ends Friday, has attracted moderate interest. He hopes the Giants jersey that the FBI seized will go for $15,000 - half what it was once worth. Although Kranz says he is finished with Bonds, he is still collecting memorabilia. His new focus is Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Brandon Webb, whom Kranz sees as a future superstar.

"I picked Brandon," he says. "I went to his wedding in Kentucky.

"My experience is nothing like the one I had with Barry."

stkmtimo
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd hate to say this, but any guy that quits a very good job working as an investment banker to trail a baseball player around the country has a bit of a problem. I don't doubt that Kranz had the resources to do so, but why you would expend that much energy on someone who isn't even a family member is perplexing. To top it all off, he's now focusing on Brandon Webb. How the heck did he get to go to his wedding? I'm never invited to anything like that :)

Tim

norristrophy
08-25-2006, 06:36 AM
This guy sounds like a real weirdo. I imagine he has a very nice van with no windows.

cjosefy
08-25-2006, 07:45 AM
This guy sounds like a real weirdo. I imagine he has a very nice van with no windows.

Down by the river?

mr.miracle
08-25-2006, 07:52 AM
In all fairness, if any of us had the resources to do it, who would not quit their job and follow players or teams around the country. If I could do it, I would love to follow my favorite sports teams. Not sure about that level of devotion to a player but if that is your thing then more power to you.

hblakewolf
08-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Brett-
Follow a team.....maybe

Follow a specific player around the country.......not a chance

Collecting and paying top dollar for Bonds equipment for almost 20 years, and now discovering your collection may be worth half (or less) of what you've invested and have your idol visit your home with the FBI.....priceless.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

mr.miracle
08-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Good point Howard, as big of a fan as I have been for 25 years of Cal Ripken Jr., I don't believe that I would have ever followed him that closely although I would have loved to have had the means to follow the Orioles on some of those roadtrips throughout Cal's career if for no other reason than to see other ballparks in person and see other major league cities.

One of the quotes I loved from the story is Bonds saying "How much money are you going to make off me". Maybe Barry should take a look in the mirror and ask himself how much money he has made off the fans that foolishly supported him over the years. While this example is one man making money off of Bonds, Bonds has made many, many millions off of fans who idolized a guy who could care less about those people. Just a very interesting sidenote.

allstarsplus
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Anybody know the story of Tom Cruise following Joe DiMaggio?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tom Cruise Stalked Joe DiMaggio (http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/tom_cruise_stalked_joe_dimaggio/)

The late Yankee slugger Joe DiMaggio was once stalked by Tom Cruise (http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/C5/).

"He'd show up at baseball-signing shows and wait for Joe to come out," says the source.

"One time, he waited outside a restaurant for him for three hours. [DiMaggio] called him 'a short little guy.' He didn't like it. He felt like he was stalking him."

Cruise's spokesman didn't respond by deadline. And in fairness to Cruise, who J.J. Abrams said would come to his house alone on his motorcycle at midnight to convince him to direct "Mission: Impossible III," the actor could have been pursuing DiMaggio to try getting the rights to his story. But Joltin' Joe, who died in 1999 at 84, felt there was madness in his method.

"Joe said to me, 'This guy is following me around everywhere I go,'" says our spy. "'Next time, I'm going to call the cops.'"

Daily Dish (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/443487p-373515c.html)

both-teams-played-hard
08-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Kranz quit his job on Wall Street to trail the slugger across the country and watch him play baseball. He schmoozed with Bonds in phone calls and on visits to the Giants dugout. He bought him gifts and paid him tens of thousands of dollars...
... he found them particularly hurtful because he had done so much to ingratiate himself with the slugger.

"Barry should appreciate a person like me," Kranz said when interviewed by The San Francisco Chronicle. "Personally, I felt betrayed."

Kranz says he met Bonds in a Cincinnati hotel room and paid him $40,000...

In the years that followed, Kranz says, he had "many personal conversations and many phone conversations" with the Giants star.

Rains said that "Kranz has been unhappy with Barry because Barry didn't take the time to offer the personal touches, to call and thank him, to pose for pictures.

"My experience is nothing like the one I had with Barry."

Love hurts. I hope they work it out. They were a cute couple.

mr.miracle
08-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Kranz's auction at Lelands.com, which ends Friday, has attracted moderate interest. He hopes the Giants jersey that the FBI seized will go for $15,000 - half what it was once worth.

I hate to say this, but considering the fact that the auction ends tonight, the current price for that Bonds game worn jersey is at $4200. Unless there is a last minute run up in price, he is not going to be getting anywhere near $15000.00. If this thing sells for $5-6k, he will be getting 15-20% of previous value/price. Just goes to show how far Barry really has fallen.

stkmtimo
08-25-2006, 01:27 PM
My question remains: How the heck did he get invited to Brandon Webb's wedding? I understand meeting a player at a card show, TriStar show, etc. and getting their autograph but how does this guy, as a collector, become so close to his collecting subjects? Strange.

Tim

webb17
08-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I only have one word to say:::
jealousy....

mr.miracle
08-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I only have one word to say:::
jealousy....

Don't worry Jeff, we got your back. Everyone has their thing. If you are or were that big of a fan of Barry's then so be it. Like I said in a previous post, if I could have done it, I certainly would have followed the Orioles around during Cal Jr. tenure with the team. In fact there are many times I could kick myself for not attending more games over the years.

staindsox
08-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Putting speculation of what his stuff will sell for aside and all joking aside, it doesn't say much for Bonds. He just lost his biggest fan and doesn't think twice about it. Our heroes rarely turn out to be what we would like them to be, but I think this is really sad. It's not like getting turned down for an autograph or even hearing he was pulled over for a DUI or something, this is really major. Whether you're dropping 30K on a jersey or you're the kid spending $5 on cards at a small time mall show, it's fun having heroes and it's too bad Jeff was disappointed in such a big way.

Chris

metsbats
08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-92-BARRY-BONDS-Game-Used-Bat-Pirates_W0QQitemZ220020579556QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60 596QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess he not that disguntled.

-David

metsbats
08-25-2006, 09:36 PM
That is you Jeff? My advanced apologies if not.

metsbats
08-25-2006, 09:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-92-BARRY-BONDS-Game-Used-Bat-Pirates_W0QQitemZ220020579556QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60 596QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-David

yiks! It is Jeff. We need to have an online intervention for Jeff to stop him from bidding on Barry's gu stuff!! After all you been thru you just have to go cold turkey.

stkmtimo
08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
yiks! It is Jeff. We need to have an online intervention for Jeff to stop him from bidding on Barry's gu stuff!! After all you been thru you just have to go cold turkey.

David,
How did you know it was Jeff? I can't believe he's buying more Barry stuff. Must have OCD!

Tim

indyred
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Anyone bid in the auctions? Any surprises.....

metsbats
08-25-2006, 10:55 PM
David,
How did you know it was Jeff? I can't believe he's buying more Barry stuff. Must have OCD!

Tim

i know jeff and have brought from him before. (he a good seller)

jettllc
08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I was the winner of the Bonds HR Jersey and the Cleats in the Leland auction. I actually learned of the auction from talking with Jeff as I was out of the country for a few weeks. What amazed me about Jeff is that he actually doesn't sound bitter about Bonds but rather accepting of the situation. He knew what Barry was like but admired the talent the player had. His bidding on the Bonds bat is likely one of an investment move or maybe he just wants to see what the owner priced the reserve at and threw in a random bid.

As for he and Brandon Webb he was able to meet Brandon early in his career and spotted what he believed to be an amazing talent (for which I agree). He didn't just starting talking to him at a card show but rather he had private signings, etc done with Brandon and forged a business relationship with him. Many of us would like to do the same thing I am sure as we love the sport and would like to be closer to the inner circle of baseball if possible.

indyred
08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I remember a few months ago seeing an outside the lines story on Bonds merchandise. They did talk some about his game used stuff. They mentioned how protective he is of it and doesn't sell it. I think it was Bonds on Bonds show, they would show him signing his game used stuff and putting it away from the game he hit a home run in. They showed a little bit of his collection, looked like he had boxes and boxes of game used jerseys and equipment he was storing. They mentioned he has been keeping his stuff since college. If Jeff reads this, have you seen his collection of stuff. I kinda liked the Bonds on Bonds show, I hope they come out with DVD box set on it with left out footage. I know Barry had final say it what was shown, must be some other good stuff he would let out on DVD set. Another amazing thing from show, was Barry just lived in a small one or two bedroom apt in SF and there were 5 people living there. I know he must have huge off season home somewhere, but with all money he has made you would think he would have something better for the season......

webb17
08-26-2006, 10:31 PM

YES I AM WIERD........ MARRIED 22 YEARS 4 KIDS TWO IN COLLEGE AND JUST SOLD MY HOUSE FOR $1.7 MILLION. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME.
ONE WORD FOR YOU-------------JEALOUSY.................

webb17
08-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I remember a few months ago seeing an outside the lines story on Bonds merchandise. They did talk some about his game used stuff. They mentioned how protective he is of it and doesn't sell it. I think it was Bonds on Bonds show, they would show him signing his game used stuff and putting it away from the game he hit a home run in. They showed a little bit of his collection, looked like he had boxes and boxes of game used jerseys and equipment he was storing. They mentioned he has been keeping his stuff since college. If Jeff reads this, have you seen his collection of stuff. I kinda liked the Bonds on Bonds show, I hope they come out with DVD box set on it with left out footage. I know Barry had final say it what was shown, must be some other good stuff he would let out on DVD set. Another amazing thing from show, was Barry just lived in a small one or two bedroom apt in SF and there were 5 people living there. I know he must have huge off season home somewhere, but with all money he has made you would think he would have something better for the season......
THE BONDS ON BONDS SHOW WAS A JOKE....... THAT MEMORABILIA PART I BROUGHT UP TO EVERYONE WHO INTERVIEWED ME. I THOUGHT THE SHOW WAS A JOKE.......BARRY HAD FINAL SAY ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THAT SHOW.

webb17
08-26-2006, 10:35 PM
I was the winner of the Bonds HR Jersey and the Cleats in the Leland auction. I actually learned of the auction from talking with Jeff as I was out of the country for a few weeks. What amazed me about Jeff is that he actually doesn't sound bitter about Bonds but rather accepting of the situation. He knew what Barry was like but admired the talent the player had. His bidding on the Bonds bat is likely one of an investment move or maybe he just wants to see what the owner priced the reserve at and threw in a random bid.

As for he and Brandon Webb he was able to meet Brandon early in his career and spotted what he believed to be an amazing talent (for which I agree). He didn't just starting talking to him at a card show but rather he had private signings, etc done with Brandon and forged a business relationship with him. Many of us would like to do the same thing I am sure as we love the sport and would like to be closer to the inner circle of baseball if possible.
THANK YOU FOR SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS. ITS HARD TO GET CLOSE TO A PLAYER. I DEVOTE MY TIME AND EFFORT IN WHAT I BELIVE IN.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

webb17
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
i know jeff and have brought from him before. (he a good seller)

IF THERE IS A GOOD DEAL OUT THERE ON BONDS I WILL BUT IT FOR THE FUTURE. PETE ROSE ITEMS WILL ALWAYS BR WORTH MONEY AND SO WILL BARRY'S

webb17
08-26-2006, 10:38 PM

JUST LOOKING FOR AN INVESTMENT..................LONG TERM

metsbats
08-27-2006, 10:00 AM

More power to you Jeff!

GameBats
08-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi Jeff,

That's a sweet Bonds glove and jersey you auctioned. How did you obtain them? Did Bonds deny they were his? Did you keep anything from Bond's, or sell it all?

stkmtimo
08-27-2006, 10:15 AM

Jeff,
That's cool. I think you picked a great player in Brandon Webb. I didn't realize you were behind the Webb hologram items. I saw a game used vest of his on Grey Flannel about a year or two back and was wondering if you had any jerseys of his for sale. I collect starting pitcher's jerseys and have been looking for his.

Thanks,
Tim

webb17
08-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Jeff,
That's cool. I think you picked a great player in Brandon Webb. I didn't realize you were behind the Webb hologram items. I saw a game used vest of his on Grey Flannel about a year or two back and was wondering if you had any jerseys of his for sale. I collect starting pitcher's jerseys and have been looking for his.

Thanks,
Tim

www.webbsite17.com

i only have jerseys from 2004 of webb

webb17
08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Jeff,

That's a sweet Bonds glove and jersey you auctioned. How did you obtain them? Did Bonds deny they were his? Did you keep anything from Bond's, or sell it all?

he said they were stolen (hoskins were unathorized to sell) he said they were his. the 1987 glove i purchased from someone else. that was a great piece with the photo match. that glove owuldv'e been worth soo much more......

skyking26
08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
While some people (particularly athletes) might see Jeff's behavior as "stalking," others like myself would view it as someone who recognized Bonds' athletic abilities to be so superior that a guy like Bonds is so self indulged he just can't comprehend it. I have been a collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia and equipment since I was a kid and am now an adult. There are probably those that wonder why I go to such great lengths to acquire this guy's stuff (and I am sure Dave does too...). I have known him personally since 92 and find him to be a very nice, family man. Still private, I limit how and when I look him up out of respect and do not ask for anything. Sure, I could hit him up for auto's, etc., but somehow I do not think it would go over well - he is not a Barry Bonds type of guy.

I give Jeff credit for having passion for the game. I love it and it takes my mind off my troubles. Most athletes have the gift of their abilities and just can't see what they have or appreciate it. Dave is modest and really does not get too involved about reminising about his career. I find it sad that he does not share the stories - but that is his right and I respect that. I am married with 2 kids and have a great life, have other collecting interests besides Kingman, and when I see him and get stuff signed - always enjoy the look on his face as he wonders where I got this stuff at. Do I think I will get out of it $$ what I have in? Not a chance, and that is not what it is about anyway. If you are in the hobby for that reason - you WILL be disappointed...

webb17
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I'd hate to say this, but any guy that quits a very good job working as an investment banker to trail a baseball player around the country has a bit of a problem. I don't doubt that Kranz had the resources to do so, but why you would expend that much energy on someone who isn't even a family member is perplexing. To top it all off, he's now focusing on Brandon Webb. How the heck did he get to go to his wedding? I'm never invited to anything like that :)

Tim
i didn't leave my job to follow him around. the press changes wrods around. i was fried to my job and decided to leave that line of work. i met through his agent that i knew for years. when i quit collecting bonds i tried to find a new player that i can follow and collect. i became friends with webb just like i do with most people that deal with me.
jeff

Eric
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Jeff-

I'm wondering what you think about the press your situation has gotten.

Thanks
Eric

stkmtimo
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
i didn't leave my job to follow him around. the press changes wrods around. i was fried to my job and decided to leave that line of work. i met through his agent that i knew for years. when i quit collecting bonds i tried to find a new player that i can follow and collect. i became friends with webb just like i do with most people that deal with me.
jeff

Jeff,
Thanks for letting me know. I was too harsh on you in the beginning of this thread because I wasn't 100% sure of the circumstances. I understand now. It's awesome how you really get to know the guys and I think you picked a great player in Webb.

Tim

webb17
08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
thank you

webb17
08-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Jeff-

I'm wondering what you think about the press your situation has gotten.

Thanks
Eric

i have turned down interviews on radio and television. the story is out. nothing to gain. i have had enough

ChrisCavalier
08-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Jeff,
Thanks for letting me know. I was too harsh on you in the beginning of this thread because I wasn't 100% sure of the circumstances. I understand now. It's awesome how you really get to know the guys and I think you picked a great player in Webb.
Hello Tim,

I think you deserve to be commended for admitting you may have been a bit too harsh in your initial posts. I think it shows great character to recognize and acknowledge you may have been a bit quick in your judgement and I respect you for it. Said another way, I think it is really great to see when someone "does the right thing".

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
Chris

stkmtimo
08-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Hello Tim,

I think you deserve to be commended for admitting you may have been a bit too harsh in your initial posts. I think it shows great character to recognize and acknowledge you may have been a bit quick in your judgement and I respect you for it. Said another way, I think it is really great to see when someone "does the right thing".

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris,
I really appreciate that, thank you. I quickly read over the story in the beginning but frequently came back to this thread and saw what the story was really about and now I can't blame Jeff at all for anything he did. I do understand how bad the media can be at times about getting the actual story out. The story made Jeff seem like something he most definitely is not. After learning the facts, it was only fair to admit I was wrong.

Tim

indyred
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM

-David

This ended at little over $1,500. Is this what a nice Bonds gamer usually goes for now? If Bonds plays next year and does break the record, his stuff has gotta go back up.
Webb17.....Any idea what Barry is going to do with all his stuff he keeps of his. Does he trade stuff out with other player's? Is he a collector or do you just see him selling it off to make easy $$$ when he retires?

sportscentury
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
This ended at little over $1,500. Is this what a nice Bonds gamer usually goes for now? If Bonds plays next year and does break the record, his stuff has gotta go back up.

Indy,

This was my thinking. I have a Bonds rookie era signed gamer that I wouldn't mind holding on to for just this reason.

Jeff, did you think about holding on to your collection a bit longer to see if Barry breaks Hammerin' Hank's record? Were you happy with the Lelands results?

And Howard, didn't you quit your job to follow Rick Wise around for a while?

Reid

GameBats
09-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Jeff,

I would also appreciate your comments on Bonds items. What was your favorite Bonds piece? Can you share some of your knowledge on Bonds game used items? I'm sure you've had some interesting pieces.

Thanks,
John

webb17
09-06-2006, 01:31 PM
1995 road jersey with blood on the front last game of the season bottom of the 6th inng he cut his chin. #7 rookie jersey one of a kind and 1987 away jersey. first ever rookie glove with upi phto match

webb17
09-06-2006, 01:31 PM
call for authentitcy issues
602-628-1418
www.fanfairinc.com

webb17
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
there will always have value in his game used items, just like pete rose
i dont think he will break the record. in my opinion, i think he will be suspended.....

mr.miracle
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Barry needs 26 homers to break the record and might get another couple this year yet. I think that he will do whatever it takes to come back and break that record whether it be to piss everyone off or for personal reasons. I just don't agree with all the analyst that say he won't break it. He is just too close for him not to try and some team will sign him just for the publicity both positive and negative that this will generate as he inches closer to Aaron. I don't think that anything that MLB uncovers on Bonds will give them legal justification to suspend him and with Donald Fehr and the MLB players association behind him any suspension will be challenged and most likely overturned.

Brett

metsbats
09-09-2006, 03:35 PM
there will always have value in his game used items, just like pete rose
i dont think he will break the record. in my opinion, i think he will be suspended.....

Interesting comparision. The big difference between Bonds and Rose is that Rose was not juiced when he played and all of his problems are due to his off field activities. It would be interesting to see what happens to the Bonds market should like Jeff indicates Barry be suspended.

-David

stkmtimo
09-09-2006, 04:13 PM
I'd love for Bonds to play longer and for other teams just to intentionally walk him every at bat so he couldn't break the record. There is nobody in the world of sports I like less than Barry Bonds.

Tim