PDA

View Full Version : MeiGray Photomatch LOA

SWPY
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Collectors,

Under the advice of a fellow collector, I am highly considering submitting my Kobe Bryant game-worn shoes collection to MeiGray for their photomatch LOAs.

Has anyone here ever experienced the MeiGray authentication process? If so, would you care to share your experience(s)?

How much value do you think the MeiGray LOA would add?

Thanks All!

gingi79
04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I have dealt with MeiGray before, albeit for hockey jerseys rather than basketball shoes (I honestly didn't know they did those) Therefore, all info references what I have seen from other collectors and my own items dealing with NHL authentication.

The process is very smooth. Barry is 100% available and keeps you in the loop. They have access to a very large Getty Images pool which I believe dwarfs what the public can view. Pricing is considered by many collectors as reasonable for what you receive. The pictures are HD crystal clear, no one will be able to dispute your item as real, the pictures will be photomatched.

Value: Anytime an item has a indisputable photomatch, it's value increases because there is proof it is real. (LOA's can be faked, forged or from other items. Photomatches don't lie) This hobby like all others, has it's fair share of bogus items. Some people like them for piece of mind, others realize it's re-sale value.

A personal note: I am a very big fan of MeiGray, period. My experiences with them have been positive, they have been very fair with me regarding items I have sent for authentication, sales and honesty. My most valuable item was purchased from a collector solely because it came registered with MeiGray paperwork. I paid more than market value for that reason alone.

I would suggest calling Barry or emailing him. I'd be shocked if you didn't feel 100% confident in using them afterward.

Jags Fan Dan
04-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree that if it is photo matched, an LOA is unnecessary, but that is just my opinion. I know some people still put a lot of value in LOAs.

Shipp_96
04-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I have nothing but great things to say about MeiGray!

I bought a jersey that was actually sold as issued, but after seeing marks on it and noticing the smell, I contacted them with my proof. They worked diligently with me to prove it was indeed game worn, even got the Eagles themselves to re-issue my LOA to state game worn, all free of charge.

They also even advised me I paid essentially 1/4 of what I would have, had they picked up it was worn instead of me. But the fact they worked that hard with me to prove it's game use, with no additional profit to be made, says alot about their integrity and has made me a customer for life.

bdeol4
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
MeiGray is the best in the game worn hobby, hands down!

sportscentury
05-21-2011, 05:16 AM
I am the person who suggested that SWPY submit his Kobe shoes to MeiGray for photomatch analysis and photo-LOA documentation. I won't go into detail about how MeiGray conducts photomatch analysis (Barry can comment here if he likes), but I assure you it is more involved and precise than the majority of photomatching in the hobby (much of which is not even photomatching). For this reason, I believe many collectors are willing to pay a premium for items that are photomatched via MeiGray's service (I know I am). I can only speak from my own hobby trading experiences and observations, of course.

Firefighter1
05-21-2011, 06:20 AM
How can we get in contact with this guy. Also what are his fees like in general? Thanks.

BarryMeisel
05-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Firefighter1,

Thanks for your interest (and thanks to those of you above who shared their thoughts). I'm quite easy to reach, and we're happy to help.

I think you will be quite satisfying with the quality and value of our photo matching services for the shoes.

My direct e-mail address is bmeisel@meigray.com. MeiGray's toll free number is 888-463-4472. Our office is open 9-6 ET, M-F. My direct line is 908-541-0114, Ext. 201 ... or you can correspond with me here, if you prefer.

As for pricing, I am not in front of my desk so I'll provide that info when I'm back in the office on Monday.

Barry