PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton WS jersey becareful

Fnazxc0114
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I was at the game today and went into the g/u shop. I saw several g/u hamilton ws jerseys on the wall. I asked the guy the price and told him id take one. Thankfully they put sheet of paper from the g/u coa on mlb on them because i would have wasted a lot of money. The rangers put ws patches on all of the hamilton jerseys they had regardless of when they were worn. The ones they had in the store were from early sept. I asked him why they put the patches on the jerseys when theey were not worn in the ws and he told me they were game used. I told him i know they were game used because i own a couple but to put ws patches on a jersey that wasnt worn in the ws is crap.

Dewey2007
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Was that one of Hamilton's real WS jerseys that was offered on MLB auctions awhile back? I didn't see what the mlb holo was on that one.

I was at the game today and went into the g/u shop. I saw several g/u hamilton ws jerseys on the wall. I asked the guy the price and told him id take one. Thankfully they put sheet of paper from the g/u coa on mlb on them because i would have wasted a lot of money. The rangers put ws patches on all of the hamilton jerseys they had regardless of when they were worn. The ones they had in the store were from early sept. I asked him why they put the patches on the jerseys when theey were not worn in the ws and he told me they were game used. I told him i know they were game used because i own a couple but to put ws patches on a jersey that wasnt worn in the ws is crap.

Fnazxc0114
04-01-2011, 10:00 PM
no it wasnt they had four of them with ws patches and they were all worn during the regular season.

onlyalbert
04-01-2011, 10:06 PM
So did they inflate the prices? I would think a GU Hamilton would sell on its own without needing the extra patch.

frikativ54
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the information. It's very useful to collectors. I guess I don't have a problem with them sewing the WS patch to his regular season jerseys, if he had the intention of using them during the World Series. However, if they were put on after the World Series, then that seems quite suspicious to me. But it makes sense that there were more jerseys issued to Hamilton in the World Series than he actually wore. Perhaps a better title would be World Series issued; regular season worn.

-Frik

Fnazxc0114
04-01-2011, 11:05 PM
The prices were twice what i paid for regular season jerseys. As for the patches The jerseys all have mlb holos on them from early in the season and as late as sept. I asked the guy he said mlb got the ws jerseys of hamilton. They were trying get a higher price for a 15 dollar patch that never saw the world series. A patch that the guy told me they had sewn on. I told the guy what they did would be a big red flag for any g/u collector.

Fnazxc0114
04-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I guess im about to makers marks too many to be clear. All jerseys had holos affixed from games earlier in the season. They put their holo on the number.

sox83cubs84
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
The White Sox did something similar in 2005, adding WS patches to most of their regular season jerseys. The home whites and road greys were used in the Chisox's 4-game sweep of Houston, but they never wore the home vests nor the black alternates in the World Series. It's possible that one or both styles might have been worn if the Series had gone longer, but any 2005 White Sox home vest or black alternate with a WS patch was not actually worn in the World Series.

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM

The Yankees and Steiner did this last year. They sewed WS patches on regular season road jerseys and sold them at a higher price because they were issued for the WS. Anyway to make a few extra bucks these teams will take.

coxfan
04-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Which shop was it? The Rangers run the big "Grand Slam", but there's another one a few yards away that also has g-u stuff. Plus they have little booths on the concourse; and their cahrity sells separately, sometimes on the concourse.

In the past, I had the impression some places in the stadium rented from the Rangers, but weren't directly owned by them. I don't know if that practice still occurs.

Fnazxc0114
04-02-2011, 01:07 PM
they are in the small shop next to the grandslam shop. I guess if the jerseys would have been worn they would have taken the holos off the numbers and reapplied with the ws game. I was under the impression the shops were seperate from the rangers as well but could be wrong.

rdeversole
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they put the patch on every issued/used jersey they had around at the time, which yeah is a pretty dumb idea. The WS jerseys are marked with WS on the inside tagging. I have the Cantu road WS jersey.