PDA

View Full Version : Pro Cut Signed to Game Worn...magic!

jppopma
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
It always amazes me how many jerseys sold in one auction as only signed magically become game worn on Ebay in the matter of a week's time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320677919184&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_4306wt_1139

This is the latest example. We all know that the gamers are all with one collector, and that they also offer pro cut signed versions. I am surprised that MeiGray went so far as to include game worn tagging on the pro cut jerseys. This could be an issue down the road if someone were to make a decision based on the tagging alone.

I did contact the seller and he if focussed on the fact that there is a game worn tag on the jersey. This is despite linking the NBA auction to him and him even showing the LOA which says pro cut signed. (like MG made a mistake and accidentally sent him the gamer...).

nickacs
04-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm not 100%, but I believe the Meigray tagging is fake as well. There was a thread somewhere recently (March pickups?) where someone posted a fake NBA "game worn" jersey from China that had the Meigray tag, but the funny thing is the serial# on it corresponded to a real game worn NBA jersey by another player. Something like that... Wish I knew the GUU thread!

Yea, we know JTNBA got ALL the NBA All-Star jerseys so there's none on the 3rd party market.

Shame to see now even Meigray tags getting copied :(

Mulligans
04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I have a pro cut and an all star jersey from the NBA auctions and neither one has the rectangle style Meigray tag to the far left. I'm guessing that it was added?

Mulligans
04-03-2011, 09:40 PM
http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=148473461&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=148820171

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320677919184&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_4315wt_606

Wow.....they are not even the same jerseys! It's even missing a star? He's not even using a real pro cut to forge.....he just went right to a fake game worn I guess?

Mulligans
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Never mind......I was looking at a different jersey. I guess the eBay is a 2010?

BarryMeisel
04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi everybody,

The jersey is not a fake ... it's just not a Pro-Cut.

It was misidentified by NBA Auctions. The jersey is actually a game-issued Chris Kaman All-Star Game jersey.

For the 2010 All-Star Game at Dallas, two jerseys in two different sizes were prepared for each player ... so that the player could choose the size in which he was most comfortable.

Kamen wore two 2XL +2 jerseys, one in each half. We auctioned one, and he was given the other. This is one is one of the two 3XL + 2 that he did not wear.

The NBA had it autographed by Kaman at All-Star weekend, and then marketed it as per its letter of authenticity.

Hope this explains,

Barry

BarryMeisel
04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Oops, sorry, mixed up the sizes.

Kaman WORE 3XL +2 jerseys, one in each half.

The game-issueds were 2XL +2, and this one referenced in this thread was one of them.

Thanks, Barry

jppopma
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Barry,

Were there alot of other game issued jersey made up for players to opt for the "spandex" style jersey or other sizes too?

It's a relief that we can still trust the MeiGray tagging and have you to confirm numbers.

John

BarryMeisel
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words, John.

I'm not sure I understand your question.
Are you referring to the 09-10 NBA All-Star Game jerseys?

Or this year's, when the Tech Fit was tried?

Different answers for different years, so LMK.

Thanks, Barry

jppopma
04-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Ooops, I fell into that same hole as Mulligans. These are two different years.

My guess is that there will be alot of game issued jersey from this year if they made up alternate styles beforehand.