PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Albert Pujols Game Used Bat.....

5toolplayer
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
would love to hear what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-GAME-USED-BAT-CARDINALS-/130503577045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e629e8dd5#ht_500wt_1156

onlyalbert
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
would love to hear what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-GAME-USED-BAT-CARDINALS-/130503577045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e629e8dd5#ht_500wt_1156

The pine tar belongs to someone else....not Albert. I e-mailed the seller asking if he meant he just got the bat this spring training. No response as yet. Why would he be using 2 yr old bats? Also, no pics of the knob end with all of the info on it.

CollectGU
04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
The seller is a forum member and has posted on here before. Perhaps he will read this thread and post for us

Dave

thegoodz15
04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
good morning forum memebers....we have been collecting game used bats since 1984 with one of the largest game used bats collections extant in the country...we obtained this albert pujols game used bat in 2010 from a batboy in jupiter florida....for 25 years we have built major resources as batboys, equipment managers, coaches etc etc who obtained these items directly off the field. it may take longer to get great game used items but we believe in the " no leap of faith theory". the bat as mentioned was cracked and then obtained from a batboy.....when we obtained the bat we fixed the crack which was about 7 inches.....after that it was hung on a bat rack in our vast inventory....on the knob is 4 30 09 with the # 5....the bat is picture perfect and always offer 100% money back guarentee no questions asked....what ever the bat brings thats it.....700....4000.....everyone gets a chance....we have 100% feedback on ebay and hundreds of customers throughout the world since 1984....have fun and enjoy our opening day auction with many many great game used bats

happy collection,

scott m. goodman
president

nycpropain
04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
good morning forum memebers....we have been collecting game used bats since 1984 with one of the largest game used bats collections extant in the country...we obtained this albert pujols game used bat in 2010 from a batboy in jupiter florida....for 25 years we have built major resources as batboys, equipment managers, coaches etc etc who obtained these items directly off the field. it may take longer to get great game used items but we believe in the " no leap of faith theory". the bat as mentioned was cracked and then obtained from a batboy.....when we obtained the bat we fixed the crack which was about 7 inches.....after that it was hung on a bat rack in our vast inventory....on the knob is 4 30 09 with the # 5....the bat is picture perfect and always offer 100% money back guarentee no questions asked....what ever the bat brings thats it.....700....4000.....everyone gets a chance....we have 100% feedback on ebay and hundreds of customers throughout the world since 1984....have fun and enjoy our opening day auction with many many great game used bats

happy collection,

scott m. goodman
president

You forgot to address the pine tar issue.

thegoodz15
04-05-2011, 01:41 PM
afternoon propain,

as a bat collector myself ill gladly address the pine tar.....mr pujols has used many bats in his career.....in his early days there were sam and louisville sluggers which most have the pine tar in the upper regions of the label.....most marucci 's have less pine tar then his bats before.....this one has actually a lite pine tar application which is correct but also some bat rack marks.....some maruccis have less some more depends on who you get the bat from...wether it is his foundation, tony larussa, or even former players, batboys.....this bat is the cheapest but in the best neighborhood as we have obtained many great bats from this source....we will have other great pujols gamers during the year....and hundreds of great game used bats all season.....from josh hamilton to mantles, clementes to say hey willie mays.....

happy collecting,

scott g

5toolplayer
04-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Well I am the new owner of this Pujols bat and I just emailed the seller ( thegoodz15) to address the problems that were brought up below. I have received an email from a board member who deals in Pujols gamers all the time and he sent me a disappointing red flag about the bat :( I am going to post some pics i took before I left for Baghdad. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for all the replies.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/4photo.jpghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/6photo.jpghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/8photo.jpghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/3photo.jpghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/5photo.jpghttp://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/7photo.jpg

onlyalbert
04-05-2011, 10:20 PM
You forgot to address the pine tar issue.

What I meant by "the pine tar blongs to someone else" is not only is it not applied in a Pujols manner....it is also the wrong type of pine tar. Pujols uses a very caramel colored tar. This is a diff. type and much darker than you will ever see on a Pujols gamer. He started using much more tar in 09 compared to 08. You can check Getty images for confirmation. I have an 08 and a late 09 and the difference it vast. Also, if you check Pujols used bats you will notice that the first 8-10 inches of the handle you will find almost no tar....and then a lot. He has always kept the "hands part" very clean. This bat has marks all thoughout. It is deffinitely his model, but used by someone else. Lastly, I can't imagine him using an early 09 bat in spring training of 10. Just would not happen.

5toolplayer
04-05-2011, 10:32 PM
This is the same statement I received from a collector in SL. Not feeling to good about this purchase now. This was actually my first Pujols "gamer" and dropped a good amount of money on it. Guess I should have done my research. The seller is a very stand up guy so I think I'll just have the bat returned for a refund. Where would be a safe place to purchase a Pujols auto gamer??

sammy
04-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Hopefully it will work out for you. One of the bad things about collecting something you are not familiar with.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

BULBUS
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Well I am the new owner of this Pujols bat

How are you the new owner if the auction is still going????

rj_lucas
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Where would be a safe place to purchase a Pujols auto gamer??

If you're looking for an auto'ed gamer, your best bet is probably through a fellow GUU collector. The last signed gamers sold by Albert's foundation were in 2007 (aside from a $10K bat from a 2009 foundation live auction). Likewise, it's been years since Tony LaRussa's Animal Rescue Foundation had a signed Pujols gamer and I don't remember the last time (if ever) that Cardinals Authentics had one.

In December 2010 and March 2011, Albert signed bats for Kevin Freistat Sports (sales@klfsports.com) and they offered several on eBay. Not sure if any of those bats are still available at this point.

Bad examples probably outnumber good ones 10:1, so it's always a good idea to post a link or photos on the board. There are numerous knowledgeable Pujols collectors here, and they're all very helpful. Best of luck to you.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

cliffjmp33
04-06-2011, 11:09 AM
In December 2010 and March 2011, Albert signed bats for Kevin Freistat Sports (sales@klfsports.com) and they offered several on eBay. Not sure if any of those bats are still available at this point.

The supposedly still have some...

http://www.mvpmarketingmanagement.com/

rj_lucas
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
The supposedly still have some...

For availability, they're showing out of stock.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

taratape
04-06-2011, 02:23 PM
This is the same statement I received from a collector in SL. Not feeling to good about this purchase now. This was actually my first Pujols "gamer" and dropped a good amount of money on it. Guess I should have done my research. The seller is a very stand up guy so I think I'll just have the bat returned for a refund. Where would be a safe place to purchase a Pujols auto gamer??

If you are looking for a Pujols, I can help you out. I have an auto'd 2009 available with LOA from Taube and Pujols. Will sell at a price lower than what your seeing on ebay listings for similar bats, plus with a higher grade. Excellent use with many deeply imbeded seam marks.

notxpensv4u
04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
If he is not interested send me pics and price. Thanks,Tim

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. Trying to get this figured out. Taratape send an email to scottjackson43@gmail.com

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 04:27 PM
How are you the new owner if the auction is still going????

I received this bat Saturday so I'm not really sure why the auction is still up and running

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
If you are looking for a Pujols, I can help you out. I have an auto'd 2009 available with LOA from Taube and Pujols. Will sell at a price lower than what your seeing on ebay listings for similar bats, plus with a higher grade. Excellent use with many deeply imbeded seam marks.

Very interested TARATAPE: please send price and pictures to SCOTTJACKSON43@GMAIL.COM

THANKS

Canseco44
04-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm still curious how this item has 16 bids and is at over $500 and you say you have this exact bat already in your possession? Something is not right here! I don't understand I guess

spartanservitto
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I have access to a psa 10, I can direct someone to it, it has a july 2nd manufacture date.

-Tony

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I have access to a psa 10, I can direct someone to it, it has a july 2nd manufacture date.

-Tony

That just might be a little bit too pricey for me. Send me the info and I'll take a look at it though. Maybe I can work something out with the seller :D
Thanks for the info

onlyalbert
04-06-2011, 07:10 PM
If you're looking for an auto'ed gamer, your best bet is probably through a fellow GUU collector. The last signed gamers sold by Albert's foundation were in 2007 (aside from a $10K bat from a 2009 foundation live auction). Likewise, it's been years since Tony LaRussa's Animal Rescue Foundation had a signed Pujols gamer and I don't remember the last time (if ever) that Cardinals Authentics had one.

Bad examples probably outnumber good ones 10:1, so it's always a good idea to post a link or photos on the board. There are numerous knowledgeable Pujols collectors here, and they're all very helpful. Best of luck to you.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

In addition to what Rick said I believe there are bats still available from the 12-4-10 signing through Taube at JTbats.com. As an FYI, the March 2011 signing did not include any game used items from Albert. Also, there was no MLB authentication at this one. Just PSA/DNA.

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
In addition to what Rick said I believe there are bats still available from the 12-4-10 signing through Taube at JTbats.com. As an FYI, the March 2011 signing did not include any game used items from Albert. Also, there was no MLB authentication at this one. Just PSA/DNA.

thanks...I'm going to check out the site right now. All of you guys on the board have been VERY helpful. Just so I'm not clueless in the future, what is the going rate for a nice PSA DNA 8.5-10 game used auto Pujols gamer?

onlyalbert
04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks...I'm going to check out the site right now. All of you guys on the board have been VERY helpful. Just so I'm not clueless in the future, what is the going rate for a nice PSA DNA 8.5-10 game used auto Pujols gamer?

5tool, you will have to e-mail John Taube directly from his site. I don't think he has any Pujols listed anymore, but has access to them. In late Jan. he had about 10 or so. Typical price 2900 and up, higher the grade = higher price. cracked is less $$ than uncracked etc. Get pics first and ask questions. I know that a lot of the bats from the 12-4-10 signing had BP use only meaning very light seem impressions because BP pitching speeds are less. Look for one with deep impressions concentrated on the Rh hitters side. Once you see a real one you will always be able to tell the difference.

5toolplayer
04-06-2011, 10:32 PM
OnlyAlbert you've been great. Thanks for all the information.

5toolplayer
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Taratape...I'll email you tonight or tomorrow morning so we can seal the deal. Thanks again

5toolplayer
04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
2009 GAME USED PUJOLS~ PSA DNA 9.5 AUTO

If you ever get the chance to do a deal with Taratape AKA Bob Turner be prepared for a smooth, easy, flawless transaction. Thanks for everything Bob. I emailed JT and let him know what I was interested in. I'll keep ya posted.

taratape
04-15-2011, 02:58 AM
2009 GAME USED PUJOLS~ PSA DNA 9.5 AUTO

If you ever get the chance to do a deal with Taratape AKA Bob Turner be prepared for a smooth, easy, flawless transaction. Thanks for everything Bob. I emailed JT and let him know what I was interested in. I'll keep ya posted.

thanks Scott....no problem. To all in the Forum, Scott is a real nice stand- up guy and a great one to do business with.....