PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Kile Astros Jersey?

ziggy
04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Is size 44 correct size for a Darryl Kile Game Used Jersey? Wasn't he like 6'5"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320680797982&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_724wt_698

Lokee
04-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I think 44 is more like the chest size. He was 6"5 but was only 185lbs. I bet you the jersey is much longer than your average size 44 jersey.

TNTtoys
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I think 44 is more like the chest size. He was 6"5 but was only 185lbs. I bet you the jersey is much longer than your average size 44 jersey.

Rather than speculate about how long the jersey is, why don't you contact the seller and have him measure it??? I personally don't see an extra length tag on it.

sox83cubs84
04-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I can't, with certainty, say that it's the case here, but keep in mind, 1995 was the year that MLB came thisclose to having a regular season with replacement players. Most teams (I know the Cubs did) had game uniforms readied for the replacements. A year or so after the strike, Ball 4 Sports of Maryland, a legitimate dealership, purchased the Astros jerseys that were made for the replacements. While Ball 4 sold them accurately for what they were, buyers were taking some of them and "converting" them into Bagwells, Biggios and other more notable Houston players. If I recall correctly, GUU member Mike Sharon's father, Tom, bought out Ball 4 and then marked the jerseys in an unannounced way so as to tell if they were altered 1995 replacement player gamers or actual 1995 Astros gamers. Maybe Mike could add to this.

I'm not sure if Kile was enough of a name in the mid-1990s for anyone to try this, but it's a possibility that needs to at least be considered.

Dave Miedema

Lokee
04-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Rather than speculate about how long the jersey is, why don't you contact the seller and have him measure it??? I personally don't see an extra length tag on it.

tried and failed. There is another on ebay that is also a size 44 it is measures 36 inches in length.

MikeSharon
04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
In response to questions raised in this thread i would like to provide the following information.

My father, his partner and I did have most the Replacement players jerseys we purchaced them from the Astros in 1995 at the time we sold them for around $55 for the whites and greys and $65 for the sunday blues they were sold in original condition and were not changed in any way.
Yes we did rescript some jerseys as Biggio's and Bagwell's they were mostly coaches jerseys and ALL were marked with a premant stamp on the Russel tags as AUTHENITC REPLICA, and marked in other ways. We also created Bagwell, Biggio, Cruz and Ryan jerseys out of 1982-1989 Rainbow shoulder jerseys those were also stamped as Replicas. We bought a large quanity (600 plus jerseys) 1982-1990 Astros jerseys from the minor league teams these were autntic game used astros jerseys that had the names on back stripped. We restored many of the with original name plates found by dome rats and for those we could not find name plates for we created new ones out of game used pants from that era. Those jerseys were sold as restored with original name plate or restored name on back, with a reduction in price as opposed to what an original would cost. We also marked those those jerseys in a way that we could tell that it was restored because most of the restorations came out so well it was hard to tell.
If anyone has any questions about Astros jerseys or would like to ask a specific jersey ill be happy to help , however i not want to tell those who fake jerseys how to beat our system. At the time time there were several other people in houston making up jerseys in the Houston area whether they ever made a kile or not i do not know but i can state for a fact they we never made any Kile jerseys. The Kile looks good to me.

MikeSharon
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
sorry i forgot to include an email

dingo464@gmail.com