PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers American League Championship Ring

stealth
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Hey guys quick question for yall,

I have a guy who claims every employee who was a full time employee for the Rangers organization got a championship ring. He needs the money and is willing to sell his.

My question is; is that true if so, how much is it worth or what would be a reasonable amount to pay. I mean an investment, if I decided to sell at some point, I would not loose any money. Hope anyone can help.

Thanks!

xpress34
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I can tell you for a fact that every Rockies Full Time Employee (including the staffs of the Dug Out Stores around the Front Range) had the choice of the Ring or a Watch. The only catch on the NLCS Rings was employees were liable for the taxes, so many opted for the watch.

The Rockies 'Employee' Rings (they are slightly different from the Player/Team Rings - i.e. caret weight, etc) are Estimated value between $7,500.00 and $10,000.00.

The issue at hand (and your friend needs to check for himself as well as you) is if the Rangers follow suit with most teams (The Rockies included) is that as an employee, somewhere along the way, he may have signed something that states that IF he receives a Ring as part of a Championship (Division, League, World) the TEAM retains 'right of 1st refusal' if the employee decides he wishes to sell the ring.

Point being if he sells it without asking the teams permission, he could be fired and the team may pursue legal remedies to recover the ring.

I know 1 for sure and possibly 2 Rockies employees were canned and their rings reclaimed by the team for doing this same type thing.

Just an FYI.

Without knowing anything about the ring (Yellow Gold, White Gold, Caret Weight of Jewels, etc) I would expect it to fall at least in line with the Rockies Rings and I would expect to give at least $5,000 to $7,500.00 for it.

- Smitty