PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Game-Used St. Patrick's Day Jersey

Dach0sen0ne
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Can't wait to see what this will go for...

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=150778353

rj_lucas
04-07-2011, 01:29 PM
The hologram number does not show up in the MLB database. I would be very interested to see if this is categorized as game-used versus team-issued.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

shoremen44
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
We taking bets???... my guess is $6000

rdeversole
04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I like St Pattys day jerseys but that thing is ugly.

Dach0sen0ne
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
We taking bets???... my guess is $6000
$5800 :D

AWA85
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
If this is the price is right, I will say $1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

legaleagle92481
04-08-2011, 09:17 AM
its a spring training jersey. six grand is absurd. the name of the game in collecting is to wait for your pitch. yes pujols jersey market now is barren but albert will play another decade and if during that time jerseys surface which the way the market keeps expanding is likely the buyer will feel like a moron for having spent so much on an st jersey used one day.

shoremen44
04-08-2011, 09:23 AM
legaleagle92481 its a spring training jersey. six grand is absurd. the name of the game in collecting is to wait for your pitch. yes pujols jersey market now is barren but albert will play another decade and if during that time jerseys surface which the way the market keeps expanding is likely the buyer will feel like a moron for having spent so much on an st jersey used one day.

$6k is absurd... but the Albert bat market has been flooded by signed gamers and they are still going for crazy prices...

consider how few legit Pujols jerseys there are... then put a one of a kind like this on the market with a letter from the Cards and MLB hologram?????

I'm not bidding... but I wouldnt be shocked if it went for $10,000

legaleagle92481
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
$6k is absurd... but the Albert bat market has been flooded by signed gamers and they are still going for crazy prices...

consider how few legit Pujols jerseys there are... then put a one of a kind like this on the market with a letter from the Cards and MLB hologram?????

I'm not bidding... but I wouldnt be shocked if it went for $10,000

i wouldnt be shocked either. i look at what other st jerseys go for and jeter and arod two players comparable both popularity wise and as future hofers go for under 3k from steiner. the reason being those guys have slew of regular season jerseys on the market. also id want to see what that holo. says because the last pujols jersey sold on mlb auctions as gu from regular season was proven to be an extra jersey by this forum.

Birdbats
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Man, I hope it sells for $10K. If it does, my 2007 spring training home jersey -- which has a team LOA and is hammered with use and sweat stains -- would look real good by comparison. :D

geoff
04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
My Guess Is $9000.00 Dollars.

rj_lucas
04-08-2011, 05:58 PM
yes pujols jersey market now is barren but albert will play another decade and if during that time jerseys surface which the way the market keeps expanding is likely the buyer will feel like a moron for having spent so much on an st jersey used one day.

Value is subjective. An auction item is worth whatever the last two bidders say it's worth. Is a Picasso painting worth $106 million? Not to me it isn't, but my opinion didn't stop somebody else from paying that much. As always, the law of supply and demand will dictate prices. You could increase the supply of Babe Ruth bats three-fold and it wouldn't bring the price down one iota because the demand would more than absorb the additional supply. Likewise, the glut of late model Pujols bats has yet to soften prices, even slightly. If anything, it's driven up the value of his earlier bats.

However, I share your concerns about whether this jersey was actually worn, or whether it was an extra jersey made specifically to be auctioned. The Cardinals have in the past been, shall we say, less than diligent about the representation of team issued items. It's going to be hard to prove one way or another for a jersey only worn in one game.

At the end of the day though, I think I can safely speak for all Pujols collectors when I say KEEP RAISING UP THAT BAR, BABY :D

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

onlyalbert
04-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to see what this will go for...

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=150778353

$2910 and no last minute bids. I thought for use there would be some late activity. An ugly jersey worn for only one spring training game......seems high to me.

solarlottry
04-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Does not seem that high to me as it plainly states "game used" in the description and genuine gamers of his seem hard to find. For a special ST shirt worn by a very collectable superstar, possibly in his final season in St. L., I think it went for a reasonable price.

I dont collect baseball but if he changes teams, it would seem that his Cardinals stuff would only go up in value if it is hard to find now.

Always buying ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying up to a 500$ finders fee for the right shirt!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

rj_lucas
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Regardless of how it ultimately shows up in the MLB database, considering this is a 1:1 jersey with team provenance, the buyer got himself a very good deal IMO. I wonder if Albert's slow start held down the final price. If that's the case, it's a shortsighted mistake.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

legaleagle92481
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't think its the slow start it has not even been two weeks yet I think alot of people are wary that it was another mistake by the Cards and some Cards fans are preparing for the worst after the season. If he goes to Cubs how many Cards fans will want his Cards stuff anymore?