PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know when the next GUU auction will be??

slam
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I have some stuff I would like to sell.

MLB_Authentic
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Probably never. They have been saying for what seems like a year now that they are going to come out with a new selling platform, etc. It seems they may be asleep at the wheel though.

I would look to other reputable auction houses to sell your stuff. You will probably realize higher prices anyway.

Mulligans
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Rumor has it that JO will be rolling out a new Auction format soon:)

MLB_Authentic....Just an FYI.....Last time I spoke like that I almost got Banned:)

All this aside.....If you want to sell something successfully....Call Grey Flannel.......They will take Great Care of you and they tend to realize the best prices.

sammy
04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I wondered what had happened to the auctions on here? Thought this was going to be an annual or semi-annual happening?

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

ChrisCavalier
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I wondered what had happened to the auctions on here? Thought this was going to be an annual or semi-annual happening?
Hello Sammy,

I will reply to your and slam's posts below in just a second. However, before I do, I just need to make a comment in response to Jeff/Mulligan. Jeff, your comment that the "Last time I spoke like that I almost got Banned" is inaccurate as the circumstances behind your previous posts were different. In fact, from what I remember, you sent an email apologizing for your behavior and promised not to do it again. Yet, you consistently seem to look for opportunities to "stir up the pot". If you wish to continue posting, please note that there will not be any more warnings about attempts to create discord.

As for the sincere questions about the auctions, we have spent the last year doing mostly private sales with very reputable clients of ours and, to be very honest, I have enjoyed that process very much. However, we have had a number of requests from people who have asked us to do auctions again and we are looking into that possibility. I will not make any statements as to if/when they will take place at this point. However, if this does come into fruition we will let everyone know right away. As for now, we will continue doing private sales with our clients and are likely going to have some product offerings available to our general membership soon as well.

In the meantime, please enjoy the use of the forum and anything else we can do to help collectors. I know we have recently also helped a lot of people privately with questions, etc and we are always willing to assist people whenever we are able to do so.

Sincerely,
Chris

shoremen44
04-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Chris,
I understand your private sale strategy and if you are making money in this economy more power to you, however can you please touch on the "new" sales feature we have all heard about for some time?

Is this something you have scrapped?

Bert

ChrisCavalier
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Chris,
I understand your private sale strategy and if you are making money in this economy more power to you, however can you please touch on the "new" sales feature we have all heard about for some time?

Is this something you have scrapped?

Bert
Hello Bert,

Thank you for your post. As to your question, no, it is not something we have totally scrapped. However, there have been some other things we have been doing that have taken priority. While we have been fortunate with the other things we have been working on, we have not been able to allocate the time and resources needed for the new sales feature. Again, this may change soon and we will let you know if/when this might happen.

As per my previous post, in the meantime please enjoy the forum and everything it provides. I think the environment is very positive now (I trust members agree) and I imagine people are truly benefitting from the information and associations the forum offers.

Sincerely,
Chris

Mulligans
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm certainly not trying to Stir up the Pot in any way....We are just grown adults trying to blow off some steam and enjoy each others stories and experiences.....I'm not really sure how my comments could offend anyone in any way, but if I have offended anyone on the forum, I send my sincere apologies.

I like to think that I provide valuable input while at the same time providing a sense of humor to lighten things up every once and awhile.:)

Jeff