PDA

View Full Version : Stadium-flown Flags

Copa
04-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing a flag that flew over a MLB stadium, but have no idea whether I'm overpaying or not...are there any flag collectors out there that can pass along some general words of advice? Just want to get an idea of what a team flag might be worth compared to an American flag. Thanks for the help!

sox83cubs84
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
The Cubs used to sell stadium flags at the Cubs Convention (maybe they still do). The scoreboard flags which are used to show the current NL standings ususally went from $100 up to $300 (for the Cubs flag). They've also sold the rooftop flags, as well. These highlight Cubs postseason appearances as well as great season accomplishments (Hack Wilson's RBI record) and great game feats (i.e., Kerry Wood's 20K game in 1998). These generally go 2 to 4 times higher, depending on just which flag it is. The retired number flags (Banks, Billy Williams, Santo, etc.) that hang from the foul poles also are offered for sale, but I have no knowledge of prices realized.

Dave Miedema

Copa
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
That's about what the seller is looking to get for an American flag, so it sounds like the pricing is right where it should be. Thanks for the info!!

chicagoglen
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
The White Sox garage sale used to sell them for $10 -$20 bucks. I have a Chicago Flag from 2005. There is no MLB authentication on them but they used to be cheap. Not sure what they go for now.

mlupo
04-14-2011, 12:04 AM
I picked up an American flag from Comerica Park from the 2009 season that came in a flag box on MLB auctions about a years ago for around $125 I think(I don't remember if that was before or after tax and shipping or not. COPA are you looking at a flag from the COPA? :D