PDA

View Full Version : My trip to NYC... New York Mets Ticket and Autograph Information!

AutographAddiction
04-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey,

I know a lot of the members are located near NYC, and are big Mets fans. I am hoping to go to a game on Friday, July 15th or Saturday, July 16th against the Phillies.

I am looking for any gameday info, especially about the best ways to get autographs well before and after the game.

Also, if anyone has season tickets or ticket information, I'm all ears. I will need to buy some tickets.

Thanks!

LastingsMilledge85
04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Having been to many Mets games, don't expect much from the Mets in terms of autographs. I'm not an autograph guy by any means, but just from my observations it isn't the easiest feat and the security guards just love using their "power" and prevent fans from lingering by the front row if they are not ticketed in the section.

AutographAddiction
04-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Gotcha... Thanks for the info...

Do you know anything about pre-game and post-game outside of the stadium? Or team hotels?

Thanks!

LastingsMilledge85
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Pre-game and post-game in what respect? No I have no information about NYC team hotels, sorry.

AutographAddiction
04-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Waiting outside the player entrance(parking garage area usually) prior to the game as players arrive and after the game as players leave the game.

And gotcha, I wasn't sure what the "autograph scene" was like in NYC. Some team hotels attract a crowd of autograph seekers.

LastingsMilledge85
04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
The player parking lot is right behind the stadium and actually a gate is right by the parking lot I believe. I have never stood by there before or after a game, but I know you have regulars that do stand there waiting. Whether or not the sign is beyond me, but as far as in the stadium goes the chances aren't so high of getting autographs. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Depends on the player and the time when they come out prior to their warm-ups.

legaleagle92481
04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
a few points. mets tickets for most games are dirt cheap on stubhub. two years ago i got mets phils tix that way for 60% off face value. they sell out maybe twice a year so theres ample tix from the box office as well. as far as graphs. nyc is massive and there are 100s of hotels so its difficult to know where a team stays. plus some stars could stay in different hotel from rest of team. at ballpark its almost impossible to get sigs. the city is great place to get entertainment autographs if your interested in that i can give you some tips on where to go for those.

AutographAddiction
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm looking more for tips on getting sports autographs... but, I do like meeting celebrities. Any advice is appreciated, legaleagle. Thanks!

legaleagle92481
04-17-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm looking more for tips on getting sports autographs... but, I do like meeting celebrities. Any advice is appreciated, legaleagle. Thanks!

There are so many places for that. Many late night shows are filmed there. They have barricaded queses where the guests exist where people lne up for sigs, sometimes sports stars are on these shows. For celebs when they are on Broadway in plays they have queses as well by the stage door. I have gotten countless sigs these ways. All free.

lnfogel@aol.com
04-18-2011, 06:44 AM
i am season ticket holder and have nice reasonably priced tickets for saturday game
email me at LNFOGEL@AOL.COM for info