PDA

View Full Version : Larry P./movie-worn uniform collectors: can you confirm or refute?

sox83cubs84
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I just saw this jersey advertised as Charlie Sheen's Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn Indians jersey from Major League 2.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqV,!jcE2HgK4QrpBNnNp,tE3w~~_12.JPG

My memory is a little faded, but I thought the Tribe threads in the 2nd Major League movie were made by AIS (after the movie Indians wore Rawlings uniforms in the original). Can anyone that really studies movie-worn memorabilia either confirm or refute my thoughts? Thanks.

Dave Miedema

TNTtoys
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Dave,

Refer to the attached link (which is an excellent reference):

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0053840/

In 1994, SportsRobe (which is AIS) did the uniforms for Major League II. They were NOT done by Russell.

Nick

sox83cubs84
04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Excellent link, Nick...thanks.

One item on the listing seems odd, though. The first Major League movie is listed on AIS/Sportsrobe's resume, yet the jerseys in the original had Rawlings sleeve logos and tail tags. Is it possible AIS/Sportsrobe manufactured the jerseys with the Rawlings IDs (in much the same manner that the 2000 unies of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers and Blue Jays in MLB carried Majestic tags and sleeve logos, but were actually made by Wilson)?

Dave Miedema

TNTtoys
04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Excellent link, Nick...thanks.

One item on the listing seems odd, though. The first Major League movie is listed on AIS/Sportsrobe's resume, yet the jerseys in the original had Rawlings sleeve logos and tail tags. Is it possible AIS/Sportsrobe manufactured the jerseys with the Rawlings IDs (in much the same manner that the 2000 unies of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers and Blue Jays in MLB carried Majestic tags and sleeve logos, but were actually made by Wilson)?

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Yes, definitely. I have a couple of AIS-manufactured screen-worn items, and at least one of them has sleeve logos from another manufacturer (Russell in this case). It's probably to do with the manufacturer of the time having an exclusive contract with MLB (Russell in the mid-90s; Majestic in the early 2000s).

One thing however... the tail tagging is all AIS... not the other manufacturer!!! Going back to the topic at hand... if this were really the jersey worn in Major League 2, the tail tagging would be AIS and only AIS.

Nick

sox83cubs84
04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Nick:

ON ML2, I agree about the tagging. However, in Major League, I distinctly recall a scene where the Roger Dorn character (Corbin Berntsen) is getting pounded diving for grounders in practice. After that snippet he is having a trainer help him take off his Indians BP jersey to examine all the bumps and bruises he had gotten. As the jersey is removed, the tail tag is visible, and it is a red Rawlings rectangular tag, not the standard black AIS.

Dave Miedema