PDA

View Full Version : Does PSA/DNA Help?

Buster23!
04-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Question. When you use PSA/DNA for "Professional Bat Authentication (http://www.psacard.com/services/bat_authentication.chtml)" and "Professional Bat Grading (http://www.psacard.com/services/bat_authentication.chtml)", how much does it really help the value of your gu bat. So say I have a Matt Holliday game used bat and got the double authentication, how much did I just add to the valve of my bat?

bdeol4
04-13-2011, 05:36 PM
I dont believe it adds value, you need to do your own research thats what you can trust the most.

rdeversole
04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
It really does depend on the player. It would possibly help the you sell the item to have that extra bit of authentication, but I don't think it would really increase a Holliday bat by too much. Now if you had a vintage gamer of somebody fairly known then I would say it would add value.

Buster23!
04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys. I didnt think it would. But, since they want so much money I thought it had to do something for the bat other than just take your money LOL.

Fnazxc0114
04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
i would love to buy a game used nolan ryan bat. I have no idea what his use characteristics are. Id be more inclined to spend more money on a psa ryan bat. As for a current player i wouldnt spend the money on it.

legaleagle92481
04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
depends on items value. for a holliday the bats worth about 200 bucks. i sold my mlb authenticated one for that a few months ago. to shell out psas fee really is not worth it for such low value item. but if you had a pujols it could add a grand to the bats value.

kprst6
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I have seen so many things passed off by PSA/DNA that were blatantly obvious fakes that I often never look at an item that's been authenticated by them.

In my opinion, if you have a legitimate item then it should be clear to the potential buyer that the item is legitimate without any third party authentication. Doing your own research on an item is far better than letting a third party look at the same item for 2 minutes and declare it real and/or fake.

A COA from a third party such as PSA/DNA is probably worth less than the paper its printed on.

SkubeBats
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Don't waste your money! Do your own home work and spend your money on something for your collection...