PDA

View Full Version : New Steiner NYY jersey "serial #" tagging??

nickacs
04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I was on the MLB auction site last night and saw that a lot of the opening day 2011 NYY home white jerseys are up for auction.
I really like the Posada and then upon clicking the jersey link, I noticed one of the pics has a new NYY serial# tagging in it? I wasn't sure if it was just his, so I clicked on a couple of the other NYY jerseys up for auction and sure enough, they all do!

They still have Steiner stickers on the tagging, but noticed this new tagging underneath?? Anyone know anything about this, or can anyone from Steiner comment? If this is Steiner's doing, I really hope this sticks and can finally trace these new serial #'s back to their database!!!

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

allstarsplus
04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Let's hope it is similar to what some NBA teams are doing with bar scanning their jerseys for each game so you know exact dates they are used!

Great photo and thanks for sharing!

R. C. Walker
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I guess more stickers equals clear explicit undeniable guaranteed absolute unequivocal authenticity.

But, does it come with a Certificate?

flaco1801
04-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Soon you will able to buy the previous nights gamers on the way inside the ball park,just like a program...

commando
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Even as we speak, there are newer Yankees jerseys that are being questioned in a major auction house. This bar code and extra number will probably help -- but I know nothing is foolproof -- and hopefully the bar code data will be entered correctly by the authenticator.

5toolplayer
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow did u see the asking price on these 2011 game worn jerseys...unreal