PDA

View Full Version : My Baseball Room

Oldetymebaseball
08-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Hello all again, I've finally taken some pictures of my baseball room. I'll post them on the board shortly. Let me know what you think and if you are curious about anything let me know. Oh, Joe (vintagesportscollector) I've enjoyed your site and I will send a pic of the Spalding tag on the cadet collar uniform. Take care.

Oldetymebaseball
08-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Here is another. I apologize if they are too big. Still working out the kinks!

slidekellyslide
08-26-2006, 11:49 PM
These kinds of posts are my favorite on this board. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing, and keep 'em coming.

mjkm90
08-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Stunning display. You have a great eye. While every piece is terrific, the white glove is one of the finest I've seen. I love the mix of colors and textures in you case. Please show more of your collection. Any outstanding bats to share?

Mike H.

Oldetymebaseball
08-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words. The white one inch glove is one of my favorites. It is an adult Reach (Canadian) one inch web. It is one of the whitest gloves I've seen. Both mannequins that are next to the case are both wearing complete Spalding sun collar uniforms. Here are more pics. I will be posting more now on this board now that my comp is working and I can send pics. Take care.

slidekellyslide
08-27-2006, 10:11 AM
I reduced the images for you. I love your display room. I need to find a couple of mannequins. Is that an antique can of Pledge I see? :D

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2503/forumoldtyme1smallgh4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9156/forumoldtyme2smallgc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oldetymebaseball
08-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks. I'm still working on the image size. Too ginormous! Ha!Ha! Yeah, that pledge is vintage. Mint though!;)

HiNeighbor
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
The room looks great. One word of caution, though. Be careful nothing on the top shelf is too close to the light. I learned the hard way on a painted fish carving I had in a display case. The bulb got so hot that it burned the paint right off the top.

Greg

Oldetymebaseball
08-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks Greg for the caution. I hardly have the light on; the sunlight through the room is enough for me. I use it only for photos. Thanks for the kind words.

vintagesportscollector
09-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Love the room!! Fantastic displays!! Thanks so much for sharing. I really love your cabinet/curio case - wonderful assortment. And of course I dig the mannequins with the uniforms and equipment. :) Everythings great -thanks!

-Joe

kjjavic
09-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Great room. I would love to get a display case like that, but I spend all of my money on memoribilia :)

Did you get all of the photos professionally framed? or do it yourself?
I collect vintage football photographs, Philadelphia eagles memoribilia of all types, with a concentration on game used stuff, and vintage bobbleheads, kail statues, and hartlands.
I just moved and have yet to hang my football photos. The room I used to hang them in didn't get my light, but my new room has 2 large windows, and I have them in non UV protecting frames. Any opinions? Can you get inexpensive UV protecting glass for frames? My photos range from the 1890's to the 1920's

Again great room. Is the red F jersey a football jersey? Any idea on provenance?

thanks
Keith

pietraynor
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Just what a baseball room should look like! Great collection, thanks for sharing..Jay

mjkm90
09-04-2006, 03:12 PM
As long as you keep the windows covered in a way that keeps the light dim and completely eliminates direct sunlight, you will be ok. UV glass can help, but doesn't eliminate fading.

Oldetymebaseball
09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks again for the kind words. I've worked hard at getting my display to this point. It took many trades and many purchases on ebay to get it to this point. I sit back and laugh at all the stuff I used to have when I first started collecting, but things get better with age (I have it all documented). The maroon sweater is either baseball or basketball, but that's as far as I know. Most of the football and basketball stuff will eventually be gone. I bought those items to sell or trade later on. My main focus is baseball and I'm still looking for a collared baseball top. HEY JOE!!!!! I have 2 complete Spalding suncollar uniforms in great condition (including the hats). Oh, and the curio cabinet was $900 at Wickes furniture about 7 years ago. Anywho, I will be posting some trade bait on this site to get some new stuff for my collection in the next week. Hopefully we can pull off some trades. I am looking for pre war gloves, bats, photos, trophies, uniforms. Let me know and many thanks for everyone who were so nice to drop a line and chat on the phone when I had my old website.