A Grail of a HOFer I didnt think I would land for quite a while......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGSTIG
    • Apr 2008

A Grail of a HOFer I didnt think I would land for quite a while......

It did cost me my 88 Grace rookie road jersey, but I would do it all over again, and again...Landed an 87 Road Sandberg. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you like it as well...
    Attached Files
  • NeonStatus
    • Apr 2010

Re: A Grail of a HOFer I didnt think I would land for quite a while......

Congrats on the pick up. That must have been hard to find!

Comment

• camarokids
      • Jun 2006

Very Nice jersey. Quite a few loose threads sticking out there to make for a possible photo match!!!
      Thank you,
      David

This is my email address here!
      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• scottanservitz
        • Nov 2005

Sweet jersey! Congrats on the pickup!

Comment

• BIGSTIG
          • Apr 2008

Neon - not really hard to find, as I know a guy that has a few Sandbergs, what was hard was to find something that he wanted to pry it out of his collection. I cant thank him enough!!!

Camaro - I am praying I can find a solid photomatch - $50 on the table if anyone can find a solid match!!

Scott - Thanks for the kind words, I am pretty pumped to have this in my collection, no idea what else this year will bring, but it will be nearly impossible to beat this pick up!!

Comment

• cliffjmp33
            • Jun 2010

Awesome Jersey and congrats!

Just taking a few seconds on AP and Getty and here is what I pulled. AP is from All-Star game, other two from Getty didn't have a date, but rather "circa" 1987. Hope they help some, wish they were higher resolution for ya!
            Attached Files
            Cheers,
            Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
            My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• BIGSTIG
              • Apr 2008

Cliff,

Thanks a ton for the pics. I am no good at photomatching, especially road jerseys from the 80's...not many high resolution pics out there. The home pinstripes are a little easier. looking att the all star game one, it looks to not be a match...man that would have been AWESOME...the S seems to be right on the seam, and mine definately is not. Once again...thanks!!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Nick:

Photomatch or not, STILL an awesome jersey.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• UT_Vols_Collector
                  • Feb 2011

Very nice jersey. Congrats on finding something you really wanted!

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                    • Jun 2010

Glad to help. I couldn't pick up a definitive match either, but wanted to pass them along. I have had several people here help me with photomatches in the past and it's the least I can do to help other member here. And it's fun!

Originally posted by BIGSTIG
                    Cliff,

Thanks a ton for the pics. I am no good at photomatching, especially road jerseys from the 80's...not many high resolution pics out there. The home pinstripes are a little easier. looking att the all star game one, it looks to not be a match...man that would have been AWESOME...the S seems to be right on the seam, and mine definately is not. Once again...thanks!!
                    Cheers,
                    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                    My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• BIGSTIG
                      • Apr 2008

Was able to obtain one of Rynos teammates to keep him company!!!!

87 Road Bobby Dernier...it is a BEAUTY!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

Stig:

GREAT 1980s Cubs gamer!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• sylbry
                          • Nov 2005

I don't know the first thing about Cubs jersey and found it interesting how the name on back is sewn through the tagging and how the font is clearly different between the two strip tags.
                          Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sylbry
                            I don't know the first thing about Cubs jersey and found it interesting how the name on back is sewn through the tagging and how the font is clearly different between the two strip tags.
                            From 1985 until around 1988, there were two different embroidery fonts for Rawlings strip tagging. Both of these styles of font are acceptable for that year.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• BIGSTIG
                              • Apr 2008

I have an 87 Dave Martinez home that matches the Dernier, and use to own a jody davis that matched the sandberg. Though as always for sharing your knowledge Dave!!!

Comment

Working...