PDA

View Full Version : Any RYAN BRAUN collectors?

happyyoungster
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Just wondering what everyone has in their collections.

On a side note: Has anyone ever seen a GU fielder's glove of Braun's for sale??

jake33
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Saw an auto'd game used batting glove of his at a local card shop. Very nice framing job though. Framed batting glove with an 8x10 (unsigned) for a pretty high price of $325

mattmueller
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Have never seen a fielders glove of Braun.

SkubeBats
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
How about this one...

SkubeBats
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Here are some game used bats and other Braun items. The first group of bats are all from 2008. The next group the bottom bat is from 2009 and the top 3 bats are from 2010. Then there are 3 unused bats 2 are from 2008 and the bottom one is from his 2007 ROOKIE season. I also have his game used batting helmet from 2009. The last item I have is a 2007 spring trainning locker nameplate.

happyyoungster
04-20-2011, 06:46 AM
How about this one...

Jamie, I know you didn't buy that...did you?

SkubeBats
04-20-2011, 08:27 AM
No, I didn't buy the Braun glove. The seller wants crazzy money for it. He was asking a couple thousand dollars for it. For that type off money I could buy several HOF players gloves and have a nice collection.

Good Luck in your search!!

Nick,
Show us some of your Braun items. I would like to see what you have for Braun stuff.

LastingsMilledge85
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
happyyoungster, could you send me an email? Thanks

101password
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Awhile ago I picked up a Nashville Sounds game used autographed jersey that the team was selling back in 2007. Back then I wanted to collect a player that was drafted the same year my son was born, 2005. Guess I got lucky.

happyyoungster
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
No, I didn't buy the Braun glove. The seller wants crazzy money for it. He was asking a couple thousand dollars for it. For that type off money I could buy several HOF players gloves and have a nice collection.

Good Luck in your search!!

Nick,
Show us some of your Braun items. I would like to see what you have for Braun stuff.

Actually, I don't have pics taken of anything. I'm currently in the process of designing a new enclosed display. I promise when it's completed by the Fall of 2017 (tongue in cheek) I'll post pics.

happyyoungster
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Here's a few pics of my Braun bat collection...
From top to bottom:

2007 ROOKIE SAM
2008 L.S. F160
2008 SAM
2009 SAM
2010 SAM
2010 ROCK BAT
2010 ROCK BAT (Corey Hart model authenticated to Ryan Braun-used to hit Career HR #119)
2011 SAM
2011 SAM

SkubeBats
10-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Here's to Ryan Braun great year!

Nice collection of Braun bat there Nick!!

Here are a couple of pics of my Braun bat collection.
2007 Sam Rookie
2008 LS
2008 LS
2008 Sam
2008 Sam
2009 Sam
2010 Hard Rock
2010 Sam
2011 Sam

I aslo have an unused 2007 Rookie Sam bat signed.

yankees506
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
i see nine each, does anyone want to break the tie???;)

nice bats guys!

happyyoungster
10-29-2011, 11:45 AM
-2010 GU Navy helmet (MLB holo).

-2010 GU Retro helmet (MLB holo) - used in all 6 games the Brewers wore their retro pinstripe uniforms.

-2007 Rookie season GU cleats.

-2010 Road gray GU uniform shirt w/40th anniv. patch (MLB holo).

Dach0sen0ne
10-29-2011, 07:51 PM
-2010 GU Navy helmet (MLB holo).

-2010 GU Retro helmet (MLB holo) - used in all 6 games the Brewers wore their retro pinstripe uniforms.

-2007 Rookie season GU cleats.

-2010 Road gray GU uniform shirt w/40th anniv. patch (MLB holo).

Awesome Braun items! That throwback helmet is bad ass!

mdube16
10-30-2011, 07:20 AM
2011 All Star warmup game worn
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mdube16/braunimage1.jpg

Vincent
10-30-2011, 12:54 PM
My one item is a ryan braun game used line up card from his 100th home run.

SkubeBats
10-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's the rest of my Braun items.

2009 gu helmet
2011 gu hat
2011 gu St. Pat Day hat
2 pairs of gu batting gloves

happyyoungster
11-01-2011, 08:30 PM
2009 Negro League "Milwaukee Bears" complete uniform
(unlaundered & MLB authenticated)

2010 Throwback "1980's" complete uniform worn June 25, 2010
(unlaundered & MLB authenticated)

Rookie season batting gloves
2009 batting gloves
Career HR #44
Career HR #119
Career HIT #315 (double)

panthrotc
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
My friend purchased a Braun GU Hat that had very nice use.

He paid 200$.

Is that a good price considering he got alot of spotlight this year plus a batting title ?

stitzerfse
11-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey Nick,

Great Braun collection! Let me know if you ever decide to move that retro helmet!

happyyoungster
11-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Hey Nick,

Great Braun collection! Let me know if you ever decide to move that retro helmet!

Thank you.
I'll note your interest in the retro helmet if I ever decide to part with it.

happyyoungster
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
3 hours until the NL MVP announcement...c'mon voters!
BRAUN for MVP!!

Nobody's better...

SkubeBats
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Ryan Braun is the MAN!!!!

happyyoungster
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes!!!

sforaker
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Photo matched bat used by MVP to hit HR #1 opening day 2011:

sox83cubs84
11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Congratulations, Braunie...good to see a Midwesterner get recognized.

Dave Miedema

happyyoungster
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
2007 (rookie) Retro BP Jersey...

happyyoungster
02-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Photo-matched a few items...

2010 RETRO BATTING HELMET
2011 SAM BAT

happyyoungster
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Braun and I have something in common-

we're both gonna be celebratin' tonight...

Trublubrucru
02-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That knot in my stomach has been untied! Beers on me tonite! Actually right now.

OaklandAsFan
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
big deal, so he managed to fleece an independent 3rd party. I'm not buying it and neither is MLB.

Major League Baseball Executive Vice President for Labor Relations Rob Manfred issued the following statement today:

“Major League Baseball considers the obligations of the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program essential to the integrity of our game, our Clubs and all of the players who take the field. It has always been Major League Baseball’s position that no matter who tests positive, we will exhaust all avenues in pursuit of the appropriate discipline. We have been true to that position in every instance, because baseball fans deserve nothing less.

“As a part of our drug testing program, the Commissioner’s Office and the Players Association agreed to a neutral third party review for instances that are under dispute. While we have always respected that process, Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das.”

happyyoungster
02-23-2012, 06:41 PM
[quote=OaklandAsFan;285469]big deal, so he managed to fleece an independent 3rd party. I'm not buying it and neither is MLB.

I bet you'd care if it was your favorite player on your favorite team AND someone you've spent a boat load of cash collecting.
Oh, you'd care, then...for certain.

I really don't care who he "fleeced." The system is in place for this very reason.

MLB~NUT
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Photo-matched a few items...

2010 RETRO BATTING HELMET
2011 SAM BAT

does it have any needle marks???

BrewCrewSackers
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I have a lot of $ invested in Brauny too. It's good to hear. I hope Braun tells his complete side of the story. He got off because the chain of custody of the sample, but their is more to it that we haven't heard yet. I still don't get how his "A" sample was negative, but his "B" sample had the HIGHEST EVER amount how synth testosterone????? Very strange considering both samples were collected at the same time.

happyyoungster
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
does it have any needle marks???

I won't take the bait...
-1 for lack of originality.
:(

MLB~NUT
02-23-2012, 07:42 PM
maybe Braun and Bonds are lovers???

sylbry
02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Anyone with common sense will understand getting off on a technicality does not mean he didn't use a banned substance.

happyyoungster
02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Anyone with common sense will understand getting off on a technicality does not mean he didn't use a banned substance.

Agree.
But, how the hell will any of us know what he did or did not take?
We won't...and now, everyone has to live with the decision.

kellsox
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately for Braun and his fans/collectors, there will always be question marks about him. Even more so that the reason the decision was overturned was because protocol was not followed. It's the court of public opinion that will dictate the value of his items going forward and i dont think they will ever reach the height that they once had. Think of all of the other stars that dont have this mark on their resume....and remember what happened to prices of players linked to peds.

happyyoungster
02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately for Braun and his fans/collectors, there will always be question marks about him. Even more so that the reason the decision was overturned was because protocol was not followed. It's the court of public opinion that will dictate the value of his items going forward and i dont think they will ever reach the height that they once had. Think of all of the other stars that dont have this mark on their resume....and remember what happened to prices of players linked to peds.

I think that is a very fair assessment.

gingi79
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
As a baseball fan, this entire situation sucks. Braun's test A going from zero to test B at the highest levels ever made no sense but I agree even with his overturned ban, he will forever reside in the "probable" category. Plus, it leaves him open for merciless heckling everywhere he plays which may affect his production. In other words, baseball fans lose out on a great talent.

For his fans, this is a Catch 22. The only way this resolves well is if Test B is found to have been tampered with. I for one, hope that becomes the case.

loumud
02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Don't worry guys, no matter how much you've invested in your Braun items I doubt any of you have taken as big of a hit financially as I have with my Roger Clemens game used Astros items (pinstripe jersey and bat) purchased prior to his steroids announcement! Every time I see them hanging in my closet I want to barf. On a side note, there's an upcoming private signing with Braun just announced on SCN, and his prices are actually higher than they were last year - even after this fiasco! GO MANAGEMENT!!

OaklandAsFan
02-23-2012, 11:51 PM
[quote=OaklandAsFan;285469]big deal, so he managed to fleece an independent 3rd party. I'm not buying it and neither is MLB.

I bet you'd care if it was your favorite player on your favorite team AND someone you've spent a boat load of cash collecting.
Oh, you'd care, then...for certain.

I really don't care who he "fleeced." The system is in place for this very reason.

I did have it happen, I was one of the biggest Raffy fans on the planet and my most prized possession was the bat her personally handed me way back in the day in Oakland and I was devastated by the positive test and disappointed by his blame of Miguel Tejada but oh well we live with these decisions. If you are afraid of potential loss of value on an item because it come to light that your guy was a cheater thats a simple solution, don't buy any items. He won on a technicality plain and simple IMO he cheated and MLB has made it pretty clear they think he did to but there is nothing they can do about it because the MLBPA it way to powerful.

slab0meat
02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
It's pretty much been said before.. but if you're collecting him because you like the guy, or whatever reason, that's fine.. and your opinion may change, but your collection is what it is. The monetary value doesn't make one iota of difference if you're collecting and keeping. If your goal was to buy up some Braun items to sell them for profit.. well, I'm not sure I'd call that a Braun collector.

Enjoy what you have and hope this somehow gets cleared up.

sylbry
02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
So which is worse in the eyes of the fan?

Come clean and fess up by admitting you cheated (obviously using the "it was a mistake" excuse), take your 50 game suspension, and come back.

or

Get off on a technicality arguing chain of custody versus test result, no suspension served but the impression is left that you are a cheater who avoided responsibility and punishment.

cliffjmp33
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
It's pretty much been said before.. but if you're collecting him because you like the guy, or whatever reason, that's fine.. and your opinion may change, but your collection is what it is. The monetary value doesn't make one iota of difference if you're collecting and keeping. If your goal was to buy up some Braun items to sell them for profit.. well, I'm not sure I'd call that a Braun collector.

+1

happyyoungster
02-24-2012, 11:32 AM

I see where you're coming from, but, I can't say I completely agree.

My short-term goal (present day until life dictates otherwise) is to enjoy every piece of Braun memorabilia in my collection. Every seam impression, every jersey stitch, every scuff mark...
My long-term goal (when life changes, financial reasons, death, etc.) is to have made wise investment decisions for my wife and kids.

I don't want to spend a small family fortune on a bunch of stuff that I just have an "emotional attachment" to and then leave it behind for my kids to say "this stuff is worthless...gee, thanks Dad."

In my humble opinion-
No matter how "attached" you are to an item or a player, it's wise to weigh the monetary value as much as you would weigh the sentimental value.
You don't just spend your money to spend it...you spend it because you will enjoy whatever it is that you're buying AND the price is right.

Obviously, there are a few exceptions to this rule. And, I'm sure a bunch of members will bring this to my attention.
Thoughts?

slab0meat
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I see where you're coming from, but, I can't say I completely agree.

My short-term goal (present day until life dictates otherwise) is to enjoy every piece of Braun memorabilia in my collection. Every seam impression, every jersey stitch, every scuff mark...
My long-term goal (when life changes, financial reasons, death, etc.) is to have made wise investment decisions for my wife and kids.

I don't want to spend a small family fortune on a bunch of stuff that I just have an "emotional attachment" to and then leave it behind for my kids to say "this stuff is worthless...gee, thanks Dad."

In my humble opinion-
No matter how "attached" you are to an item or a player, it's wise to weigh the monetary value as much as you would weigh the sentimental value.
You don't just spend your money to spend it...you spend it because you will enjoy whatever it is that you're buying AND the price is right.

Obviously, there are a few exceptions to this rule. And, I'm sure a bunch of members will bring this to my attention.
Thoughts?

You say two different things: Are you buying these items so when you're gone, the kids can have something valuable to memorabilia collectors? Or are you doing it to "enjoy whatever it is and the price is right"?

One doesn't sound like collecting, per se, but investing in something with hopes it will be worth money when handed down. One does sound like collecting.. to enjoy what you have, while finding a fair price, and doing whatever with it (display, look at, wear, whatever).

I buy what I want, for myself, while of course trying not to get things at decent prices. And I do think it would be good if some of my items have some monetary value when my time comes.. my daughter will have some cool items to remember me by, or to make some money off of, possibly. If they're worth something, that's just a bonus... original point being, if you're collecting to keep.. collecting for yourself, with no intention of selling.. then it really makes zero difference if a collection of Player X's jerseys and bats you have are worth $20,000 or $2000 down the road, other than maybe mentally feeling crappy that they're not worth what you paid. Nothing else changes.. you have your collection and you're enjoying the items.

slab0meat
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Darn no edit... trying TO GET things at decent prices... sheesh.

happyyoungster
02-24-2012, 03:00 PM
You say two different things: Are you buying these items so when you're gone, the kids can have something valuable to memorabilia collectors? Or are you doing it to "enjoy whatever it is and the price is right"?

One doesn't sound like collecting, per se, but investing in something with hopes it will be worth money when handed down. One does sound like collecting.. to enjoy what you have, while finding a fair price, and doing whatever with it (display, look at, wear, whatever).

I buy what I want, for myself, while of course trying not to get things at decent prices. And I do think it would be good if some of my items have some monetary value when my time comes.. my daughter will have some cool items to remember me by, or to make some money off of, possibly. If they're worth something, that's just a bonus... original point being, if you're collecting to keep.. collecting for yourself, with no intention of selling.. then it really makes zero difference if a collection of Player X's jerseys and bats you have are worth $20,000 or $2000 down the road, other than maybe mentally feeling crappy that they're not worth what you paid. Nothing else changes.. you have your collection and you're enjoying the items.

Actually, I said both because both do apply to me.
I collect to keep and enjoy...and I do that, with an eye still focused on the future.

Anything short of that does not make complete financial sense to me.

OaklandAsFan
02-24-2012, 05:45 PM
you say you collect his stuff because you are a fan of his. Me personally I would not be jumping up and down for joy knowing that my guy got off on a technicality, especially when both sides are readily acknowledging that there is no way that his sample was tampered with. He cheated and got caught, plain and simple and walks because of a technicality that doesn't make him innocent for even one second.

as far as collecting things for possible future value, you cannot buy anything right now with hopes that it will be worth money when you pass on, its just not practical. Braun could blow out a knee this spring or drop dead and never play another game and he would go down as just another "what if" in the game and his stuff would never come close to being worth what you have shelled out on it currently. I have never purchased a piece of equipment, baseball card or even car (and I own a couple of what could be considered collector cars) with the expectation that they will be worth money for my kids and family some years down the road when I pass. I buy the items because I want them and I enjoy them and can afford them. If they are worth money sometime down the road great but the thought never crosses my mind in the purchase.

OaklandAsFan
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
taken from Karl Ravech twitter feed 2 hours ago

"Experts on both sides acknowledge tampering with drug test virtually impossible and that testing ctr in Canada would know if messed with"

loumud
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
you say you collect his stuff because you are a fan of his. Me personally I would not be jumping up and down for joy knowing that my guy got off on a technicality, especially when both sides are readily acknowledging that there is no way that his sample was tampered with. He cheated and got caught, plain and simple and walks because of a technicality that doesn't make him innocent for even one second.

as far as collecting things for possible future value, you cannot buy anything right now with hopes that it will be worth money when you pass on, its just not practical. Braun could blow out a knee this spring or drop dead and never play another game and he would go down as just another "what if" in the game and his stuff would never come close to being worth what you have shelled out on it currently. I have never purchased a piece of equipment, baseball card or even car (and I own a couple of what could be considered collector cars) with the expectation that they will be worth money for my kids and family some years down the road when I pass. I buy the items because I want them and I enjoy them and can afford them. If they are worth money sometime down the road great but the thought never crosses my mind in the purchase.

I don't think I completely agree with that either. You can make wise investments in memorabilia, especially if you can pick stuff up for below current market value, and reasonably expect that they might appreciate in value later on if the player has a stellar career. But, it's a risk, just as in any other form of investing.

Personally, I'm not going to overpay for items just because they give me 'joy.' Buying memorabilia is a business transaction, and I think the wise collector who approaches it with that mindset is better off than just buying out of emotion paying over market value. You can build a great collection you enjoy, and still not make dumb investment decisions in the process.

Collecting for the sake of collecting, or collecting for investment is up to the individual, and isn't right or wrong either way. Personally, I do both, but I do know I won't live forever, and my collection has value as part of my 'estate.' I don't have kids yet, and nobody in my family collects. So, I I want my family to get as much for my collection as they can if they decide to sell it after I go, which is why I get a lot of my higher-end items authenticated...

MLB~NUT
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
I have a shower room used hypodermic needle of brauns for sale!!!! LOL J/K :D :D :D