PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sam Fuld used jersey

101password
04-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello...

For the fun of it I have been collecting Sam Fuld items ... I was interested anyone might help with the following item on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260770537368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . I have also emailed the seller.

Also does anyone have a good source for Team USA items. I won a game used batting glove Sam Fuld awhile ago. I took a chance with this item because seller mentioned that they got it from Team USA but not letter (price was cheap). I have been trying to find a photo match but with no luck.

Thanks Barry

trsent
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Hello...

For the fun of it I have been collecting Sam Fuld items ... I was interested anyone might help with the following item on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260770537368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . I have also emailed the seller.

Also does anyone have a good source for Team USA items. I won a game used batting glove Sam Fuld awhile ago. I took a chance with this item because seller mentioned that they got it from Team USA but not letter (price was cheap). I have been trying to find a photo match but with no luck.

Thanks Barry

Barry, the jersey on eBay looks fine. Sam played very little with the 2010 Cubs, so it may have seen light use.

Buy your Fuld items now before he becomes the first player to bat .400 in a season since Ted Williams.

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Sam Fuld's Rays jersey is being auctioned off by the Rays.

Titans74
04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Sam Fuld's Rays jersey is being auctioned off by the Rays.

The way they have it displayed in the photo has me worried, unless I'm completely seeing it wrong.

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
How does it worry you? They all seem to be as described.

Titans74
04-19-2011, 02:52 PM
It seems as if the sleeves are "tacked" down. But as I said, I just might be looking at it wrong.

101password
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
The reason I questioned the item was about 2 months ago, after the Cubs convention, a few jerseys appeared on ebay with MLB stickers. One of the items as a 2010 jersey and since Sam only appeared in 19 games in 2010, I am just not aware how many jerseys are issued to a player.

cubbs1232
04-19-2011, 03:57 PM
i have a rays bp/spring jersey i would sell. email me if interested cubbs1232@msn.com

Cubsfan4life
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
The reason I questioned the item was about 2 months ago, after the Cubs convention, a few jerseys appeared on ebay with MLB stickers. One of the items as a 2010 jersey and since Sam only appeared in 19 games in 2010, I am just not aware how many jerseys are issued to a player.

I think MLB only hologrammed the home jerseys, so I wouldn't worry about it.

mlupo
04-19-2011, 06:01 PM
It seems as if the sleeves are "tacked" down. But as I said, I just might be looking at it wrong.

To me it looks like they used binder clips(similar to a clothes pin) to attach it to a cubicle wall so or something in order to take a picture. It doesnt look tacked to me.

trsent
04-19-2011, 06:36 PM

The other issue is how many games did Sam sit on the bench? Those jerseys are technically game used, even if he only sat in the dugout.

The Cubs issue a lot of jerseys to each player each year.

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
I think the one thing you really need to look out for whether he used it or not, is the fact that this is a knit jersey and not a Coolbase. Many players, if they wear knits at all anymore, wear them typically in colder weather games I've noticed at least.

sox83cubs84
04-19-2011, 09:09 PM
The jersey is fine, but it may not go cheap. For a bench player, Fuld was immensely popular with Cubs fans.

Dave Miedema

101password
04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Everyone thanks for the information, it has been very help and best of all I am learning something.. Crossing my fingers that Sam does go over 400 this year.

Did some more research and Sam was called up August 19 and my guess is Chicago can get a bit nippy. Also was able to find some photos of the jersey while he played, not a photo match, but a good sign the jersey might be game used. The math is easy since the season is almost over and he only appeared in 19 games. Sorry Cubs fans no post season wear.

My next task is to find a photo of the Team USA gloves.

BU54CB
04-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Everyone thanks for the information, it has been very help and best of all I am learning something.. Crossing my fingers that Sam does go over 400 this year.

Did some more research and Sam was called up August 19 and my guess is Chicago can get a bit nippy. Also was able to find some photos of the jersey while he played, not a photo match, but a good sign the jersey might be game used. The math is easy since the season is almost over and he only appeared in 19 games. Sorry Cubs fans no post season wear.

My next task is to find a photo of the Team USA gloves.

Hold on now, I know Chicago has cold weather, its not usually "nippy" until late September during the evenings. I would suspect Fuld wore the jersey in late September if the knit jersey theory is correct.