PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin GU on AMI

pacman2680
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Was wondering what some of your opinions were on the C. Martin jersey in AMI auctions. I believe it was sold in '07 on HA.com:

http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=707&Lot_No=19922#Photo

Seems weird that it was sold then as a 1995 and on AMI it's listed as 96-97. Also was sold with Lou Lampson COA which to me always raises a flag. It doesn't seem to have any provenance on AMI.

I know alot of collectors would likely not touch it because it is missing the team stamp popular for that era. Any opinions?

sox83cubs84
04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
The listing doesn't mention the heat-screened information that is placed on the inside on top of one of the jersey numbers. That may sound confusing, so I'll try to locate and print a photo by evening's end. Without it, though, I'd be wary.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
The listing doesn't mention the heat-screened information that is placed on the inside on top of one of the jersey numbers. That may sound confusing, so I'll try to locate and print a photo by evening's end. Without it, though, I'd be wary.

Dave Miedema

Pacman:

My apologies, but I can't get the photo copied and pasted from my files to this post.

Email me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com and I'll send you the photo directly.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I checked a cross-section of images...the only time in which Martin's jerseys had the Starter logo under the numbers on the sleeves was 1996 preseason, regular season, and AFC playoffs. In 1995, they were above the 28, centered above the spacing between the two numbers. Same in 1997. In SB 31, the logo was moved above the numbers, as well, but New England wore road white in that game.

Also, the photos I saw all had Martin in tightly cuffed sleeves. Since I'm not registered with AMI, I'm not allowed to see a larger image of their item, so I can't tell from the small photo if the cuffs exist or not.

More input is needed.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't produce the photo on here or in a private email...I can't seem to do a copy and past from my files to any second location. Not sure if it's the files, or if it's some FC maeuver I don't know.

Dave M.

sox83cubs84
04-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I can't produce the photo on here or in a private email...I can't seem to do a copy and past from my files to any second location. Not sure if it's the files, or if it's some FC maeuver I don't know.

Dave M.

should read "PC manuever". WE NEED A LIMITED EDIT FEATURE!!

DM