PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect & why?

Buster23!
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I always like to see other people collection and why they collect what they collect. I collect 1999 Houston Astros Game Used stuff as well as 2010 Giants stuff. Both of those teams I connected with for what ever reason. Pic's to come. What do you collect?

bigklu18
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I collect what ever really appeals to me. Now, I collect drag racing stuff, Ted Kluszewski items, Anthony munoz, was ito baseball cards for awhile and still am somewhat but again, it has to perk my interest. I am always looking to see what everyone has and like to pick up odd stuff.

lehmsbobby
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
What is your email buster23. I may have some items that interest you

AutographAddiction
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I also collect whatever interests me: NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA- primarily game-worn now, but any cool items for my collection.

But I focus my collection on my favorite teams: Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Braves, and UNC Tar Heels.

Any players(and former players/alumni) of the teams mentioned above I am interested in.

Buster23!
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
That is some pretty cool storys guys. I know some people collect players and some collect teams. Collecting team game used is draining my wallet. I should just stick to 1 player LOL

Garrett.unruh@yahoo.com to reach me

64SHEA
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
I collect mostly Mets or items from players who played for the Mets. I do also have things from the Red Sox and other players I like (mostly sigs) such as Griffey jr, Aaron, Mays, Rose etc........

Gridiron Heroes
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm a University of Minnesota grad and have loved the Gophers since I could walk. I collect U of M football game used jerseys, helmets, etc. and former Gophers. I also collect vintage Big Ten game used helmets and other "smaller" Minnesota college helmets.

Shawn Kennedy
Gridiron Heroes

Jeffredsfan
04-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for asking!!! I collect game used / game worn jerseys from any sport, at any professional level, with the last name of ALEXANDER on the back. To date I have about 70 - 75 jerseys. I also have a couple of Russian Alexander jerseys as well as an Italian soccer jersey. I started this collection in the late 80's for my son, Alex. I stopped collecting in the 90's but started back up in early 2000. Most of my jerseys have been purchased since then.

I also collect Cincinnati Reds and Dallas Cowboys game worn items as well as memorabilia from the 70's - early 80's.

You can do a search on this forum to view all the Alexander jerseys I have. Key in the words GAME USED ALEXANDER.

Take care.

Jeff

KTroublesome
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I collect 1993 and 2008 Phillies game-used items. Mostly Darren Daulton from 93 and team signed balls and helmets and what not. I connected with both of those teams so hard.

mad87man
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
i used to collect Jets and ex Jets stuff. But now just Jets jerseys,helmets, and cleats. I am thinking of trying to collect the AFL jerseys they wore but not sure though i have a few. I also have a few jerseys of Jets players from when they played for other teams but that added up real fast and now i just collect what i said.

geoff
04-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I collect Mostly Orioles Items As I Live In Baltimore And Grew Up with Them.I Collect AnyThing Orioles but Try To Focus On Game Used Items And have A Nice Collection Going.If AnyOne has AnyThing Orioles let me know.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

sfgiantsfan44
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi! I collect any baseball, football, or basketball pro game used/worn equipment that is from 1964 to 1973. These were the years that I followed sports constantly as a kid. This includes jerseys, pants, warm-ups, shorts, jackets, batting gloves, cleats, caps, rain capes, etc. I will buy, sell, and trade. Lately, I have been focusing on California teams for my collection (for basketball, football, and baseball). I always accept want-lists and for sale lists. What do you collect? Any questions or comments, please email me at
alwysyakn@aol.com or call (845) 331-8610
Thanks, Andy Sandler

RaiderNationPDX
04-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Game used footballs, for the most part. I have at least one game ball from each style (except the pre-1970 Duke; still looking for one priced right). Ironically, considering my screen name, I don't have a Raiders game ball; would love to get one, but JO's $350 tag is a bit steep for me right now.

Also (more as an aside) collect GU baseballs and hockey pucks. I guess something about the game ball itself interests me more than jerseys, helmets and the like.

WadeInBmore
04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
I collect Frank Thomas GU items (the Big Hurt). I always was a fan of his as I was growing up and think it's pretty rad to be able to own items that he once used.

Being a player collector can be demanding on the wallet as well :D Also, being a player collector of a guy who has retired from the game makes you an incredibly paitent collector.

wade

legaleagle92481
04-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I started out with baseball stuff. Got tired of it with all the Roids smearing guys I was a huge fan of. The guys that were not smeared I wondered about. So the fun went out of it. Also i was collecting bats and they are a dime a dozen for most players since they go through so many. I sold them all but my Jeter, Thome, Thomas, Ortiz and Prince Fielder bats. I have a Mariano Riveria jersey as my only MLB jersey because I am a huge fan of his. I have a Dirk Nitrowski jersey because I always liked him as this era's Bird and a Ben Wallace because his career is a great story. I collect football jerseys. I have gamers of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Phil Rivers, Brees, Revis, Mangold, Jason Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Jared Allen. I am a huge NFL fan. I collect celebrity autographs as well. Most of them I get for free in person in New York City, which is near where I reside.

r_to_the_2nd@yahoo.com
04-20-2011, 11:49 PM
I love the Cincinnati Reds and started with autographs of my favorite players. I have an 8x10 collection of everyone in the Reds Hal of Fame - it is not complete yet, but am well on my way!

I started collecting game used items about a year ago. Something about just having something my favorite players used during the game (especially if I actually got to see the game in person) is awesome to me. In particular I collect Drew Stubbs and Chris Sabo. I am not sure why I chose these two players - well I chose Chris because he was the first ever autograph I got. I still have a picture of me with him the year he won the NL ROY and I was 4 years old! Stubbs is just an awesome guy and I really like the way he plays - it helps that he plays my favorite position on the field.

Great question BTW.

gaytorhater703
04-21-2011, 07:50 AM
LSU Tigers game used football items.....mostly jerseys....interested in the bigger name players jerseys or the rare items like when we wear special alternate jerseys, pants, helmets etc.......the baseball and basketball stuff is also really cool but at this point in time im digging deep into the wallet to just barely support my football habit :-)

millerbr
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I am a University of Kansas grad, so I mostly collect KU jerseys and other items from here. Mostly right now it is just a few baseball jerseys but not many come around. And any former KU players that I have seen play is another area that I focus on.

Klattsy
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I collect Aussie Baseball players gear (majors or minors) as long as it has authentication. Why? Because i'm Australian and i'm paranoid!