Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buster23!
    • Apr 2011

What do you collect & why?

I always like to see other people collection and why they collect what they collect. I collect 1999 Houston Astros Game Used stuff as well as 2010 Giants stuff. Both of those teams I connected with for what ever reason. Pic's to come. What do you collect?
    -Looking for G/U SF Giants 2008-Current
    www.sfgiantscollectibles.com

garrett.unruh@yahoo.com
  • bigklu18
    • Apr 2006

Re: What do you collect & why?

I collect what ever really appeals to me. Now, I collect drag racing stuff, Ted Kluszewski items, Anthony munoz, was ito baseball cards for awhile and still am somewhat but again, it has to perk my interest. I am always looking to see what everyone has and like to pick up odd stuff.

Comment

• lehmsbobby
      • Jul 2009

What is your email buster23. I may have some items that interest you
      Thanks,
      Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Comment

• AutographAddiction
        • Aug 2010

I also collect whatever interests me: NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA- primarily game-worn now, but any cool items for my collection.

But I focus my collection on my favorite teams: Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Braves, and UNC Tar Heels.

Any players(and former players/alumni) of the teams mentioned above I am interested in.

Comment

• Buster23!
          • Apr 2011

That is some pretty cool storys guys. I know some people collect players and some collect teams. Collecting team game used is draining my wallet. I should just stick to 1 player LOL

Garrett.unruh@yahoo.com to reach me
          -Looking for G/U SF Giants 2008-Current
          www.sfgiantscollectibles.com

garrett.unruh@yahoo.com

Comment

• 64SHEA
            • Apr 2011

I collect mostly Mets or items from players who played for the Mets. I do also have things from the Red Sox and other players I like (mostly sigs) such as Griffey jr, Aaron, Mays, Rose etc........

Comment

• Gridiron Heroes
              • Mar 2011

I'm a University of Minnesota grad and have loved the Gophers since I could walk. I collect U of M football game used jerseys, helmets, etc. and former Gophers. I also collect vintage Big Ten game used helmets and other "smaller" Minnesota college helmets.

Shawn Kennedy
              Gridiron Heroes

Comment

• Jeffredsfan
                • Sep 2008

Thanks for asking!!! I collect game used / game worn jerseys from any sport, at any professional level, with the last name of ALEXANDER on the back. To date I have about 70 - 75 jerseys. I also have a couple of Russian Alexander jerseys as well as an Italian soccer jersey. I started this collection in the late 80's for my son, Alex. I stopped collecting in the 90's but started back up in early 2000. Most of my jerseys have been purchased since then.

I also collect Cincinnati Reds and Dallas Cowboys game worn items as well as memorabilia from the 70's - early 80's.

You can do a search on this forum to view all the Alexander jerseys I have. Key in the words GAME USED ALEXANDER.

Take care.

Jeff

Comment

• KTroublesome
                  • Jan 2011

I collect 1993 and 2008 Phillies game-used items. Mostly Darren Daulton from 93 and team signed balls and helmets and what not. I connected with both of those teams so hard.

Comment

• mad87man
                    • Feb 2011

i used to collect Jets and ex Jets stuff. But now just Jets jerseys,helmets, and cleats. I am thinking of trying to collect the AFL jerseys they wore but not sure though i have a few. I also have a few jerseys of Jets players from when they played for other teams but that added up real fast and now i just collect what i said.

Comment

• geoff
                      • Nov 2005

I collect Mostly Orioles Items As I Live In Baltimore And Grew Up with Them.I Collect AnyThing Orioles but Try To Focus On Game Used Items And have A Nice Collection Going.If AnyOne has AnyThing Orioles let me know.

Thanks
                      Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Comment

• sfgiantsfan44
                        • Feb 2008

Hi! I collect any baseball, football, or basketball pro game used/worn equipment that is from 1964 to 1973. These were the years that I followed sports constantly as a kid. This includes jerseys, pants, warm-ups, shorts, jackets, batting gloves, cleats, caps, rain capes, etc. I will buy, sell, and trade. Lately, I have been focusing on California teams for my collection (for basketball, football, and baseball). I always accept want-lists and for sale lists. What do you collect? Any questions or comments, please email me at
                        alwysyakn@aol.com or call (845) 331-8610
                        Thanks, Andy Sandler

Comment

• RaiderNationPDX
                          • Mar 2011

Game used footballs, for the most part. I have at least one game ball from each style (except the pre-1970 Duke; still looking for one priced right). Ironically, considering my screen name, I don't have a Raiders game ball; would love to get one, but JO's $350 tag is a bit steep for me right now.

Also (more as an aside) collect GU baseballs and hockey pucks. I guess something about the game ball itself interests me more than jerseys, helmets and the like.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                            • Sep 2007

I collect Frank Thomas GU items (the Big Hurt). I always was a fan of his as I was growing up and think it's pretty rad to be able to own items that he once used.

Being a player collector can be demanding on the wallet as well Also, being a player collector of a guy who has retired from the game makes you an incredibly paitent collector.

wade

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

I started out with baseball stuff. Got tired of it with all the Roids smearing guys I was a huge fan of. The guys that were not smeared I wondered about. So the fun went out of it. Also i was collecting bats and they are a dime a dozen for most players since they go through so many. I sold them all but my Jeter, Thome, Thomas, Ortiz and Prince Fielder bats. I have a Mariano Riveria jersey as my only MLB jersey because I am a huge fan of his. I have a Dirk Nitrowski jersey because I always liked him as this era's Bird and a Ben Wallace because his career is a great story. I collect football jerseys. I have gamers of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Phil Rivers, Brees, Revis, Mangold, Jason Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Jared Allen. I am a huge NFL fan. I collect celebrity autographs as well. Most of them I get for free in person in New York City, which is near where I reside.

Comment

Working...