PDA

View Full Version : Greg Olson Braves helmet

skipcarayislegend
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
If the person who won the Olson Braves helmet off ebay yesterday is here, would you please email me? Thanks. jctaylor101@gmail.com.

Canseco44
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey Jason! I don't know a damn thing about that Olson helmet! Lol! But it is good to see an old friend posting again. Hope you stick around for a while. You are an asset to this forum.

skipcarayislegend
04-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey Jason! I don't know a damn thing about that Olson helmet! Lol! But it is good to see an old friend posting again. Hope you stick around for a while. You are an asset to this forum.

Haha.....thanks, Todd! I guess I was starting to get withdrawls from this place. Wish some others would start posting again as well. Abe, Rudy, Jimmie B., were are you guys?

camarokids
04-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Skip,

What are your thoughts on the numbers on the back of the helmet?

They just looked a little strange to me.

skipcarayislegend
04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Skip,

What are your thoughts on the numbers on the back of the helmet?

They just looked a little strange to me.

David,
The numbers are correct, as is everything else about the helmet, down to the blacked out ABC logo (via sticker - which is also unique) beneath the flags. For the most part, those numbers were used from 1987 (first year back to tomahawks) through 1992. Best that I can tell, that numeral style was unique to the Braves. It doesn't take a mastermind to fake helmets most of the time, but getting a '91 Braves gamer correct would take some effort. That said, there actually is a bad "'91" Olson catchers helmet out there somewhere. The only thing they got right however was the flags. Recall seeing that one in the mid-90s.
Jason

camarokids
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
David,
The numbers are correct, as is everything else about the helmet, down to the blacked out ABC logo (via sticker - which is also unique) beneath the flags. For the most part, those numbers were used from 1987 (first year back to tomahawks) through 1992. Best that I can tell, that numeral style was unique to the Braves. It doesn't take a mastermind to fake helmets most of the time, but getting a '91 Braves gamer correct would take some effort. That said, there actually is a bad "'91" Olson catchers helmet out there somewhere. The only thing they got right however was the flags. Recall seeing that one in the mid-90s.
Jason

Thanks Jason for the info!
I know you know your Braves stuff.

skipcarayislegend
04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure, David, no problem.