Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schillingfan
    • Apr 2011

New to the game used world

I've been collecting Curt Schilling for over 15 years and have always stuck to baseball cards. I've amassed quite the collection but have recently decided to take a turn towards his higher end collectibles, including game used. You can view my web site here: http://www.curtschillingcollector.com.

Ball Park Heroes had a game used Phillies hat listed recently so I decided to make that my first purchase. I just made my largest purchase ever tonight and I'll be sure to show it off soon.

I look forward to getting more involved with this forum and it's members.

Always looking for Curt Schilling
    http://www.curtschillingcollector.com
  • freddiefreeman5
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Re: New to the game used world

Nice hat!
    I too am faily new to this hobby. Started collecting cards as a kid and moved up to game used this year. Wish I had started collecting game used a long time ago.

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

Welcome!!

I took the same route as you. I collected strictly cards and game used cards to be specific and I gave it all up to start collecting game used memorabilia. It's definitely something you won't have to regret in the future since it's a fun hobby and just stick to these forums because everyone on here has an expertise for a specific team or type of tagging so if you ever need help determining the authenticty of something then you will definitely find an answer on here
      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• Klattsy
        • Aug 2010

I'm in the same boat as all of you. I still have a large amount of cards, I collect auto cards of the stars, as I can't afford their GU gear. Got rid of most of my Aussie Players cards so that I could collect Aussie Players GU gear instead!

Mark.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Welcome aboard. The Forum is always open for questions, as is my personal email address (which you've already used). Schilling is a personal favorite of mine, although there are a few members who will give me a hard time if I say why.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• schillingfan
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
            Welcome aboard. The Forum is always open for questions, as is my personal email address (which you've already used). Schilling is a personal favorite of mine, although there are a few members who will give me a hard time if I say why.

Dave Miedema
            Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Dave - I really appreciate the feedback on the jersey. I ended up winning it and will show it off when it arrives. Thanks again!

Comment

• UT_Vols_Collector
              • Feb 2011

Seems to be a theme in here today lol. I started collecting cards when I was about 6 years old. I did this up until last year when I sold my collection and bought my first game used jersey. That is a really nice looking hat you got there. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Dave Miedema
                I have to ask.........why is Schilling a personal favorite?

Comment

• schillingfan
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
                  Don't do it! This thread will quickly deteriorate.

I understand why plenty of people don't like him but I personally love how he played the game and how he always spoke his mind on issues important to him.

Comment

• gnishiyama
                    • Aug 2006

I was born in 1979. Curt Schilling, when healthy, was one of the best pitchers
                    of my generation. As a die-hard Yankees fan I have EVERY reason to dislike
                    him but I would have welcomed him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. Super
                    clutch in big games.Yeah he's got a big mouth but he also does a lot for charity.

Goh Nishiyama
                    Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• trsent
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gnishiyama
                      I was born in 1979. Curt Schilling, when healthy, was one of the best pitchers
                      of my generation. As a die-hard Yankees fan I have EVERY reason to dislike
                      him but I would have welcomed him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. Super
                      clutch in big games.Yeah he's got a big mouth but he also does a lot for charity.

Goh Nishiyama
                      He is a lot like Jeremy Roenick from the hockey world.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by freddiefreeman5
                        Email me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com. If I mention my reasons here, somebody (it never fails) is going to whine and moan about what I say.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• emann
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by schillingfan
                          Don't do it! This thread will quickly deteriorate.

I understand why plenty of people don't like him but I personally love how he played the game and how he always spoke his mind on issues important to him.
                          I've got a well-worn Red Sox ST jersey that I got him to sign last year. I'd heard he treated GU collectors and fans in general pretty rough, but he was totally cool and held the jersey up, signed a little GU inscription, etc. I saw him taking the time to talk with a number of fans, etc.

Some political differences aside, he seems to do a number of things for charity and was a hell of a pitcher. Actually, the show that he was signing at stated that his fee was being donated to charity.

Comment

• schillingfan
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by emann
                            I've got a well-worn Red Sox ST jersey that I got him to sign last year. I'd heard he treated GU collectors and fans in general pretty rough, but he was totally cool and held the jersey up, signed a little GU inscription, etc. I saw him taking the time to talk with a number of fans, etc.

Some political differences aside, he seems to do a number of things for charity and was a hell of a pitcher. Actually, the show that he was signing at stated that his fee was being donated to charity.

I would absolutely love to see some pictures of that.

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

Email me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com. If I mention my reasons here, somebody (it never fails) is going to whine and moan about what I say.

Dave Miedema
                              Email sent.
                              Curiosity killed the cat.

Comment

Working...