PDA

View Full Version : Bad 1976 Rose Jersey - Mile High Auction

diamondicons
04-29-2011, 12:49 PM
You would think that these Auction Houses would start doing their homework with respect to jersey authentication. This is a current listing for a 1976 Reds Pete Rose in Mile High Auctions that has multiple issues. http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=19822&searchby=1&searchvalue=rose&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1&seo=1976-Pete-Rose-Cincinnati-Reds-Game-Used-Road-Jersey
Issues include: post 1979 Wilson tag, reproduction 76 centennial patch, resewn tag, wrong size/font numbers and letter. Probably other things under close inspection. Have sent them a couple e-mails that have gone unanswered.

sox83cubs84
04-29-2011, 05:19 PM
You would think that these Auction Houses would start doing their homework with respect to jersey authentication. This is a current listing for a 1976 Reds Pete Rose in Mile High Auctions that has multiple issues. http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=19822&searchby=1&searchvalue=rose&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1&seo=1976-Pete-Rose-Cincinnati-Reds-Game-Used-Road-Jersey
Issues include: post 1979 Wilson tag, reproduction 76 centennial patch, resewn tag, wrong size/font numbers and letter. Probably other things under close inspection. Have sent them a couple e-mails that have gone unanswered.

All that, PLUS the bogus patch isn't even on the correct sleeve!:eek: The Reds wore the patch on the right sleeve, not the left.

Dave Miedema

solarlottry
04-30-2011, 12:04 AM
In addition to the Rose shirt, take a look at the 1994 Jerry Rice with Derrick Thomas letter.

This shirt is absolutely riddled with problems:

1. the autograph looks fake and a bad one at that.

2. the Wilson W was worn ABOVE the # 80 in that game not next to it.

3. the 75th NFL patch was worn BELOW the chest seam for the entire season. Originally the team had the patch above the seam but in every one of the 94 non throwback gamers i have it was removed and re-sewn below the chest seam. I have 5 or 6 shirts like this, all from MOS or his equivalent. I doubt that the team did this to every shirt except Rice's.

I emailed MHCC about this and referred them to getty images that clearly show that the patch is below the seam and that the W is above the sleeve 80 in the game they say it is from. Additionally tonight I will watch the DVD of the game to see if Rice changed shirts during the game (highly doubtful).

It would be such a shame if it is a genuine Derrick Thomas letter with a shirt that has been switched at some point.

I have attached the getty images and some images of the 75th patch in its correct position.

Always buying 49ers shirts and 1994 49ers shirts and paying UP TO 500$ FINDERS FEE for the right shirt

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

jbsportstuff
04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
All that, PLUS the bogus patch isn't even on the correct sleeve!:eek: The Reds wore the patch on the right sleeve, not the left.

Dave Miedema
While I totally agree with the jersey being a bad fake, if you look at the Reds 1976 World Champions poster, you can clearly see that Manny Sarmiento and Tony Perez have their BiCent patches on their left arm. Everyone else seems to have them on the right arm as you usually see. Don't you just LOVE exceptions to the rule. :)

This Rose jersey has so many problems that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

SSB15
04-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Why do you think the 1976 patch is a reproduction?

sox83cubs84
05-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Why do you think the 1976 patch is a reproduction?

The genuine patches had a copyright date on them in white thread on the white background below the figure in the center. Also, the real patches have a copyright date of 1975, not 1976.

There are probably other flaws also...those are a few I noticed off the top of my head.

Dave Miedema

diamondicons
05-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Attached are images for comparison. Mike

diamondicons
05-10-2011, 07:48 PM
2 Bidders have bid on the Rose jersey. Guess the bidders must not be members of the forum. It is really unfortunate that some of our auction companies just don't care. E-mails have gone unanswered. They just need to stick with cards!

amerks25
05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I dont even look at their stuff anymore. Their hockey items are questionable as well.