PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose PR4192 on Ebay

schubert1970
05-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Stay away from this item, looks like a great deal but you'll be getting a bat that was ment to look game used.

I bought it last week and couldn't get a refund till I complained to ebay. I told the seller why this bat is no good, but he won't listen.

Can't belive he's already listed the bat again before I've shipped it back to him.

Notoce there are no pics of te handle or knob.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PETE-ROSE-SIGNED-MIZUNO-BASEBALL-BAT-COLLECTOR-SPORT-/320693482240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaad23300

kobe08
05-01-2011, 11:17 PM
What was supposed to be on knob 34 A, or just an A thought saw one with 34 A and was supposedly a game used one?

schubert1970
05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
What was supposed to be on knob 34 A, or just an A thought saw one with 34 A and was supposedly a game used one?

I think there should be a capital A. This was a retail bat sanded down to look like a gamer. Also, the seller won't send pics of the handle or knob.

Sportsislife
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
The way I'm reading it I'd he is selling it as signed. I don't see him state game used anywhere unless I'm misreading it

trsent
05-02-2011, 11:44 AM
The way I'm reading it I'd he is selling it as signed. I don't see him state game used anywhere unless I'm misreading it

I agree, the current listing and the previous listing don't state the item is game used. It says the bat looks like it hit some balls around, but in neither listing this item is listed as game used.

The original description that you bought:

"UP FOR BIDS IS A MIZUNO 4192 BAT SIGNED BY PETE ROSE...IT HAS A PLACE ON IT WHERE IT SAYS "TO FRANK"..IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS USED TO HIT A FEW BALLS THEN SIGNED . I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BAT. I GOT IT AT AN ESTATE SALE. IT WAS IN , AND WILL BE SENT IN, A BIG BASEBALL BAT SOCK. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTONS YOU HAVE."

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but this bat looks like nothing special to me in the photos or listing description.

The new description:

"SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE.....
UP FOR BIDS IS A MIZUNO 4192 BAT SIGNED BY PETE ROSE...IT HAS A PLACE ON IT WHERE IT HAS SOME PAINT MISSING AND ON THAT SPOT IT SAYS "TO FRANK"...THEN IT SAYS "PETE ROSE".. I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BAT.......... I GOT IT AT AN ESTATE SALE........ IT WAS IN , AND WILL BE SENT IN, A BIG BASEBALL BAT SOCK........ PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTONS YOU HAVE. .....THIS BAT IS BEING SOLD AS IS......WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET......I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BATS.........I GOT IT IN A LOT OF STUFF JUST TO RE SALE ........NO REFUNDS......DONT BUY IT AND GET AND THEN SAY "I DONT WANT IT NOW"....... IT IS A MIZUNO BAT SIGNED BY PETE ROSE. ...THAT IS ALL I KNOW ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU WANT IT,PLEASE BID OR BUY...IF YOU ARE UNSURE, PLEASE DO NOT BID OR BUY...THANKS"

I hate to say it, but I don't see any games here, I just see a seller who doesn't know how to write a description selling a bat they know nothing about. The seller listed the bat in the autographed category not the game used category, so I don't know what you were expecting. I don't see any signs of abuse or fraud from this seller unless you can prove intent and from their description or pictures I don't see it at all!

kprst6
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I will have to agree that I don't see anything wrong with the sellers description.

If I am selling a non-game used item that has marks on it, I would probably mention that the item has marks on it etc so a buyer can't come back and say the item was not as described.