PDA

View Full Version : Score Board Schmidt on eBay

sox83cubs84
05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Give Howard Wolf credit for spotting this and alerting me. Sold (and priced:eek: ) as game used, but bearing Score Board tags (which doesn'tinclude an NIC tag and has the 1990-91 Rawlings label in an alleged 1989 "gamer", a rare hapepnstance with a true team-oredered jersey, and a trait that many 1989 Score Board retail jerseys share.

The seller was contacted by Howard, and, as of this time, has not responded.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqUOKpwE25gr1mCfBNvg4NLFhg~~_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqYOKiYE2qmM30IjBNvg5dw)Yg~~_3.JPG

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
3 or 4 typos in my previous post, which I can't edit out:mad: ...sorry.

Dave M.

mook03005
05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Dave

Im a Big fan of your experience and eye for this type of stuff..Do you know off hand the ballpark value of a Willie Mays 89 giants jersey signed. Apparently these " Scoreboard items " can be ambiguous to the average gamer collector like me since they bear a close resemblance to the real authentic gamers.

mook03005
05-03-2011, 12:55 PM
typo im a fan of your work is what i mean..difficult to be a fan of your experience

sox83cubs84
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Dave

Im a Big fan of your experience and eye for this type of stuff..Do you know off hand the ballpark value of a Willie Mays 89 giants jersey signed. Apparently these " Scoreboard items " can be ambiguous to the average gamer collector like me since they bear a close resemblance to the real authentic gamers.

Thanks for the kind words.

Even a Score Board signed Mays jersey to me would be a $400-$500 item, due to the high fee these days for getting Mays to sign a jersey.

The Mays Score Board jersey (as well as the one issued for Will Clark) CAN be discerned by the tail strip tagging. Team-issued and game-worn Giants jerseys have a 2-digit year notation (89) on the strip tag. In both cases, the Score Board retail versions have a 4-digit (1989) notation instead of a two-digit version.

Dave Miedema

mook03005
05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the help Dave, the value isnt too bad I certainly didnt that much for it, but before I determined it was a "Scoreboard jersey", I was told by various collectors that it was worn in Spring Traning of 89 as a coach. I wanted to believe that but sounded too good to be true. ha
thanks again
Mark

Danny899
05-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the help Dave, the value isnt too bad I certainly didnt that much for it, but before I determined it was a "Scoreboard jersey", I was told by various collectors that it was worn in Spring Traning of 89 as a coach. I wanted to believe that but sounded too good to be true. ha
thanks again
Mark

I even had a Schmidt Scoreboard jersey that included the "T" (tapered) tag along with the set and year tag in the collar once. No way was it a gamer, stiff as a board, nice Scoreboard letter but some folks out there will try and say its a gamer. Just like the Seaver Scoreboard jersey that one dealer tried to pass off as a worn spring training instructor jersey. Weak.

Marichal27
05-05-2011, 01:06 AM
thanks again
Mark
Schmidt started out 1989 as a player. I actually saw his last game at Candlestick. Try asking Howard Wolf. He is the Phillies guru on their jerseys. Although I heard he was expelled from here, which I think is weak!

sox83cubs84
05-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Schmidt started out 1989 as a player. I actually saw his last game at Candlestick. Try asking Howard Wolf. He is the Phillies guru on their jerseys. Although I heard he was expelled from here, which I think is weak!

Howard is the one who alerted me to this in the first place and suggested I post this.

Dave Miedema