PDA

View Full Version : 1933 Yankee Stadium American Flag

cohibasmoker
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
When in doubt, ask the august members of the GameUsedForum for help. I just picked up an American flag that may have hung at Yankee Stadium during the 1933 season. The flag has 48 Stars individually sewn onto the flag. The red and white strips are individually sewn together to make up the flag. Stamped on the border area of the flag is “Property of Yankee Stadium 1933 STD CF”.

Anyone ever seen one of these babies before? And would anyone know what the value may be? Thanx, Jim

My email is flaa1a@comcast.net

mjkm90
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
I would first try to find a standard for value. I'm a bit surprised the date is stamped on the flag. Did they do this every year? Your best bet would be to check past auctions including Halper. He had a little bit of everything from the Yanks. This is such a unique item that it would be impossible to valuate without comparison. I could guess, but I'd look like a fool:D

cohibasmoker
08-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanx for the advise. I've never seen such an item. I just got it today and will be reaching out to some NY guys over the next few days and hopefully I can get some info. on the flag. If legitimate, it would be a terrific item. 1933 was the Babe's last year with the Yankees.

Thanx again.