Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    • Jan 2010

Modern Game used jerseys

I am considering bidding on a 2004 jersey, and have some questions. I am not a jersey "expert" by any means, but it seems that many modern jerseys usually have a team letter or an MLB hologram.

Possibly a dumb question, but is it common for a game used jersey to be given to a fan/collector/dealer direct from the player or team without a letter being issued? The jersey looks good, has the proper tagging, and comes with a Grey Flannel LOA.

Thanks in advance
    looking for Phillies GU bats
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Modern Game used jerseys

[quote=Neal;249995]I am considering bidding on a 2004 jersey, and have some questions. I am not a jersey "expert" by any means, but it seems that many modern jerseys usually have a team letter or an MLB hologram.

Possibly a dumb question, but is it common for a game used jersey to be given to a fan/collector/dealer direct from the player or team without a letter being issued? The jersey looks good, has the proper tagging, and comes with a Grey Flannel LOA.

Thanks in advance[/quote

If a player gives a fan/agent/whatever a jersey, there may well not be any accompanying paperwork.

That said, making a claim of such sourcing doesn't automatically make it true. Best to post pics of the item so some of us can take a crack at evaluating it.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

The Orioles have sold GU jerseys for years with no holograms

Comment

• Neal
        • Jan 2010

Thanks Dave - the jersey is the 2004 Thome in Grey Flannel.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.
        looking for Phillies GU bats

Comment

Working...