PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got My Bo Bat Back From Psa/Dna "All Star Game Bat"

therealaxis
01-21-2011, 07:03 PM
I just got my Bo Jackson All Star Game bat back from Psa/Dna and I am extremely happy with the service I received from john!My only question is this, there were only 2 bats issued to Bo Jackson for the 1989 all star game with the large "Louisville" stamp and one was sold years ago at AMI that Psa/Dna also authenticated as All Star game used.If you look at the bat that was sold at AMI there are a few things that stand out that lead me to believe it was NOT the "Home Run" bat 1.There is no tape, 2.There are markings on the knob and the top of the bat which is inconsistent with the "Home Run" bat, 3.the pine tar application is also inconsistent.If you notice in the photos of my bat the tape is present as well as consistent pine tar application as well as nothing on the knob or the top.I understand John can not put his name on paper stating my bat was used to hit the home run without having a exact photo match but he did tell me on the phone he has a strong feeling I am the owner of the "Home Run" bat.My question is If there was only two bats issued to Bo according to Louisville wouldn't it be safe to assume my bat is the "Home Run" bat after the evidence i have presented?

My Psa/Dna paper work
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8905/img014so.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/img014so.jpg/)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9025/img015t.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/img015t.jpg/)

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2909/img016h.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img016h.jpg/)

The AMI Bo Bat
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5531/americanmemoribiliaboba.jpg (http://img502.imageshack.us/i/americanmemoribiliaboba.jpg/)

1989 All Star game Home Run photo
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3374/81592966.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/i/81592966.jpg/)

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
John says your bat has blue ink marks and they used baseballs with red ink on them during the All Star game. John also says that he can't find one red ink mark on your bat all he finds are blue ones. If your bat was used in the All Star game it should have red ink not blue, correct??

notxpensv4u
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Great looking bat!!! LMK if you are going to sell it. Congrats!!!! Tim

spartanservitto
01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
The bat in the photo clearly has tape... what a sweet bat.

-Tony

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 07:39 PM
John also states that he thinks this bat was used during the 1989 season he never says it was used in the All Star game. So after all this information it sound more like it wasn't used during the 1989 All Star game. So that being said it doesn't sound like your bat was the home run bat after all.

3arod13
01-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Whether or not used in the All Star game, it's still a great bat! Conrats!

therealaxis
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
John also states that he thinks this bat was used during the 1989 season he never says it was used in the All Star game. So after all this information it sound more like it wasn't used during the 1989 All Star game. So that being said it doesn't sound like your bat was the home run bat after all.John told me over the phone that it is possible for my bat to have been used in the all star game and also used afterwords during regular season.He said that it also may be possible that the red ball did not leave transfer marks and that he may of used the other bat during one of the 4 at bats during the all star game.What i cant understand is how can my bat not have been used in the all star game if the only other bat does not match the home run photo?

spartanservitto
01-21-2011, 08:09 PM
John told me over the phone that it is possible for my bat to have been used in the all star game and also used afterwords during regular season.He said that it also may be possible that the red ball did not leave transfer marks and that he may of used the other bat during one of the 4 at bats during the all star game.What i cant understand is how can my bat not have been used in the all star game if the only other bat does not match the home run photo?

Agreed. If there are two bats, and its clearly not the other one... thennnnnn....?

-Tony

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
There's a member on here that says he has the HR bat used by Bo during the 1989 All Star Game. His user name is byergo. There are two other posts about the Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game on this site. Here are the headings to look up "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Games bat -NOT!'', and here's the other heading "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bats (s)".

therealaxis
01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
There's a member on here that says he has the HR bat used by Bo during the 1989 All Star Game. His user name is byergo. There are two other posts about the Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game on this site. Here are the headings to look up "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Games bat -NOT!'', and here's the other heading "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bats (s)".
I am completely aware of the other threads and Scott Byergo.Scott has been asked many time to show evidence of his bat and has failed to do so.I don't understand what you are suggesting by posting the links to those posts.It is fact there were only two bats issued to Bo for the all star game and as of now they are both accounted for.

Dach0sen0ne
01-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Sweet Pic where you can see LOUISVILLE!

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Scott Byergo says in one of the posts that he knows of 3 and maybe a fourth Bo Jackson All Star bat. I just want to get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know for sure who has the bat and how many of these bats are out there. It would be nice to know the truth...

For the record I'm not saying your bat isn't the one but we need to get all the information first before we can say for sure who has the HR bat.

Your bats is still a great bat no matter what. I would put in my collection of bats

therealaxis
01-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Scott Byergo says in one of the posts that he knows of 3 and maybe a fourth Bo Jackson All Star bat. I just want to get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know for sure who has the bat and how many of these bats are out there. It would be nice to know the truth...

For the record I'm not saying your bat isn't the one but we need to get all the information first before we can say for sure who has the HR bat.

Your bats is still a great bat no matter what. I would put in my collection of bats

Completely understandable I also want to get to the bottom of this.As far as I know there is only one other all star bat that has been authenticated and that is the AMI bat.I feel until Scott can provide evidence of his bat it can't be accounted for.I am not by any means trying to accuse Scott of lying but why not provide photos if you believe you intact own the home run bat.In a way scott not being willing to show photo evidence to backup his claim hurts the credibility of mine.

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I just found these pictures of another Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game bat. This one even has red ink ball marks on the barrel. So how many of these bats are out there??? I know the bat that hit the home run has nothing on the ends of the bat plus the correct bat had tape on the handle. I'm just trying to say there most be more of these bat out there then we all know.

therealaxis
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I just found these pictures of another Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game bat. This one even has red ink ball marks on the barrel. So how many of these bats are out there??? I know the bat that hit the home run has nothing on the ends of the bat plus the correct bat had tape on the handle. I'm just trying to say there most be more of these bat out there then we all know.

That is the same AMI bat that I mentioned and attached a photo of in my original post

CollectGU
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Completely understandable I also want to get to the bottom of this.As far as I know there is only one other all star bat that has been authenticated and that is the AMI bat.I feel until Scott can provide evidence of his bat it can't be accounted for.I am not by any means trying to accuse Scott of lying but why not provide photos if you believe you intact own the home run bat.In a way scott not being willing to show photo evidence to backup his claim hurts the credibility of mine.

Scott has mentioned in posts that he has photo AND video matched his. anyone asked him to provide that evidence. Until I see the evidence, I'm going to say this one has a better chance of being the HR bat......

Dave

therealaxis
01-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Found a few more photos!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4550/bocard.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/bocard.jpg/)

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1620/bosss3.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/i/bosss3.jpg/)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1695/bo3p.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/bo3p.jpg/)

bigtruck260
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Is that bottom pick from the HR Derby in '89? Did they use regular season baseballs during the derby?

I only say it because Bo looks like he's wearing a hat in the bottom photo.

Dave

therealaxis
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Is that bottom pick from the HR Derby in '89? Did they use regular season baseballs during the derby?

DaveYes I think that photo is from the Derby.I noticed the same thing and have been trying to find out information regarding the balls used for the Derby but can't find info anywhere.If any one can help please let me know

Bravesfan
01-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure they used any special balls for the derby those years. I can't remember them being anything special.

byergo
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Looks like John from PSA/DNA got part of the LOA correct in that the bat in question from this thread was NOT used by Bo Jackson in the 1989 All Star game, but rather the regular season (if Bo used it at all--which is questionable as I've never seen any evidence of Bo using a block "LOUISVILLE" bat during the regular season). Pretty easy to tell from the blue ball transfer marks and complete lack of red marks (my bat, the real one, exclusively has red marks, with zero blue marks which in bat language translates to: "used in the All Star game and not the regular season, BP, or otherwise"). BTW--I am the person who raised the issue of red ball marks (and posted an image of what a 1989 official All Star Game baseball looks like) in the first place after John botched the authentication for the fire damaged American Memorabilia '89 Bo All Star bat in the first place (that bat had so many problems--where do I start?!). This critical, all important factor wasn't discussed by anyone until I raised the issue. Pat on the back for myself, but it isn't that hard when you are holding the real deal in your hand and carefully examining it!

John is incorrect about the number of these bats that were produced. The Louisville Slugger records, which I've never seen, may indeed refer to 2 bats, but it's been well established there are more than that. So the factory records obviously cannot be relied upon for 100% factual data which is unfortunate. That being the case however, why quote information that's been proven incorrect in the LOA?

Before anyone asks again, no I'm not going to post any pics of my bat online. There are too many of these All Star Bo Jackson block "LOUISVILLE" floating around, and I am increasingly annoyed each time one of these new "Johnny come lately" bats suddenly appears out of nowhere years later and attempts to pose as the real thing. Especially when backed with wild speculation, incorrect assumptions, and a lot of cocky attitude. I generously offered a few years ago for anyone who wished to view the bat in person to have the opportunity and nobody took me up on it. "If Scott doesn't post pics of his bat I'll have to assume mine is the homerun bat, even though it has 100% incorrect ball marks, and in other respects which I don't understand, is obviously not the real bat." LOL!

Bottom line and takeaway message: I own the bat that Bo used in the 1989 All Star game and hit the monstrous 448 ft. homerun with. It's photo and video matched. I'm glad to report that this treasure has been well preserved in it's proper All Star game used state, not damaged and broken in the regular season following the All Star game, nor burned in a fire like the American Memorabilia bat. It's the most important bat from Bo's career and the centerpiece of my collection.

I'm glad I happened across this thread, but I don't spend much time collecting game used items anymore and rarely visit this forum so I won't have additional comments for you. If you require more information this topic has been beat to death in prior threads from years ago which were referenced by other posters and which you can search for. Till the next time one of these Bo block LOUISVILLE bats appears out of nowhere and attempts to pose as the Real McCoy and fails, which sadly I have no doubt will occur! I told you last time this issue came up it would happen...

Peace.

therealaxis
01-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Looks like John from PSA/DNA got part of the LOA correct in that the bat in question from this thread was NOT used by Bo Jackson in the 1989 All Star game, but rather the regular season (if Bo used it at all--which is questionable as I've never seen any evidence of Bo using a block "LOUISVILLE" bat during the regular season). Pretty easy to tell from the blue ball transfer marks and complete lack of red marks (my bat, the real one, exclusively has red marks, with zero blue marks which in bat language translates to: "used in the All Star game and not the regular season, BP, or otherwise"). BTW--I am the person who raised the issue of red ball marks (and posted an image of what a 1989 official All Star Game baseball looks like) in the first place after John botched the authentication for the fire damaged American Memorabilia '89 Bo All Star bat in the first place (that bat had so many problems--where do I start?!). This critical, all important factor wasn't discussed by anyone until I raised the issue. Pat on the back for myself, but it isn't that hard when you are holding the real deal in your hand and carefully examining it!

John is incorrect about the number of these bats that were produced. The Louisville Slugger records, which I've never seen, may indeed refer to 2 bats, but it's been well established there are more than that. So the factory records obviously cannot be relied upon for 100% factual data which is unfortunate. That being the case however, why quote information that's been proven incorrect in the LOA?

Before anyone asks again, no I'm not going to post any pics of my bat online. There are too many of these All Star Bo Jackson block "LOUISVILLE" floating around, and I am increasingly annoyed each time one of these new Especially when bac"Johnny come lately" bats suddenly appears out of nowhere years later and attempts to pose as the real thing.ked with wild speculation, incorrect assumptions, and a lot of cocky attitude. I generously offered a few years ago for anyone who wished to view the bat in person to have the opportunity and nobody took me up on it. "If Scott doesn't post pics of his bat I'll have to assume mine is the homerun bat, even though it has 100% incorrect ball marks, and in other respects which I don't understand, is obviously not the real bat." LOL!

Bottom line and takeaway message: I own the bat that Bo used in the 1989 All Star game and hit the monstrous 448 ft. homerun with. It's photo and video matched. I'm glad to report that this treasure has been well preserved in it's proper All Star game used state, not damaged and broken in the regular season following the All Star game, nor burned in a fire like the American Memorabilia bat. It's the most important bat from Bo's career and the centerpiece of my collection.

I'm glad I happened across this thread, but I don't spend much time collecting game used items anymore and rarely visit this forum so I won't have additional comments for you. If you require more information this topic has been beat to death in prior threads from years ago which were referenced by other posters and which you can search for. Till the next time one of these Bo block LOUISVILLE bats appears out of nowhere and attempts to pose as the Real McCoy and fails, which sadly I have no doubt will occur! I told you last time this issue came up it would happen...

Peace.

Wow I am glad you made your way to my post Mr.Byergo.I first of want to say I certainly did not mean to come off cocky in any way I am not sure how you got that impression so for what ever may have made you feel that way I apologize.All I wanted to do was get some answers on my bat I never said 100 percent that I owned the HR bat, I don't understand why you took it as a personal attack on you or the bat you say you have.
Now to your post you say there has been many versions of this bat appear but the only other one I have seen that is not the wrong model number replica version is the one on AMI.I am aware that there are a number of the replica models floating around but my bat is clearly not one of them.You also mentioned that there were many things that disprove my bat from being the HR bat,other then the blue ball mark what else is there I am interested to know????
Bo had 4 total at bats in the all star game,are you telling me that it is impossible the red ball did not leave transfer marks?Here is a soulution that will end all this now,If you claim to have video/photo matches of your bat post that evidence it should defiantly disprove any other so called as you put it...... "Johnny come lately" bats that suddenly appear out of nowhere years later and attempt to pose as the real thing with wild speculation, incorrect assumptions, and a lot of cocky attitude.Hopefully I hear back from you with at least the willingness to provide that thanks in advance!

spartanservitto
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Wow I am glad you made your way to my post Mr.Byergo.I first of want to say I certainly did not mean to come off cocky in any way I am not sure how you got that impression so for what ever may have made you feel that way I apologize.All I wanted to do was get some answers on my bat I never said 100 percent that I owned the HR bat, I don't understand why you took it as a personal attack on you or the bat you say you have.
Now to your post you say there has been many versions of this bat appear but the only other one I have seen that is not the wrong model number replica version is the one on AMI.I am aware that there are a number of the replica models floating around but my bat is clearly not one of them.You also mentioned that there were many things that disprove my bat from being the HR bat,other then the blue ball mark what else is there I am interested to know????
Bo had 4 total at bats in the all star game,are you telling me that it is impossible the red ball did not leave transfer marks?Here is a soulution that will end all this now,If you claim to have video/photo matches of your bat post that evidence it should defiantly disprove any other so called as you put it...... "Johnny come lately" bats that suddenly appear out of nowhere years later and attempt to pose as the real thing with wild speculation, incorrect assumptions, and a lot of cocky attitude.Hopefully I hear back from you with at least the willingness to provide that thanks in advance!

I agree. It sounds weird why you would want to hide it, especially here. I get the issues with privacy and maybe not allowing people to know what you have. But you've already spoke about it, a lot of people are curious. You would do the collecting community a service, including those authenticating items like JT a service but availing what is the legit home run bat. I dont see why you wouldn't want to share that.

-Tony

vballGuy
01-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Sorry to chime in here......

But, @byergo claims to have photomatched the bat from a Topps baseball card, from a few other photos and also claimed to have video-matched it from the 1989 All-Star game. To me, it seems logical that if @byergo was able to do this, then you (@therealaxis) should do the same. I understand you got the bat from a reputable source, but even your PSA/DNA letter expresses some concerns (most notably the fact that your bat has no red marks on it).

I say the only way to prove that your bat is or isn't the one is to try and photo-match/video-match yourself. Clearly, @byergo doesn't want to post pics of his bat, and you are most likely not going to change his mind. So why not investigate yourself? Like I said, you should be able to at least track down footage of the '89 All-Star game. (There are websites selling old 80s and 90s footage on DVD). Then you can put all of these questions to rest, instead of relying on someone who has stated many times that he will not post his evidence.

One thing I found interesting in the previous posts that @byergo wrote in '06 was that the word "BO" was not on the handle or the top of his bat, as it is in your bat. I'm assuming this would be a relatively easy trait to pick up on footage of the game, or even from a Topps card that he claims to have photomatched his to.

vballGuy
01-27-2011, 11:53 PM

But, @byergo claims to have photomatched the bat from a Topps baseball card, from a few other photos and also claimed to have video-matched it from the 1989 All-Star game. To me, it seems logical that if @byergo was able to do this, then you (@therealaxis) should do the same. I understand you got the bat from a reputable source, but even your PSA/DNA letter expresses some concerns (most notably the fact that your bat has no red marks on it).

I say the only way to prove that your bat is or isn't the one is to try and photo-match/video-match yourself. Clearly, @byergo doesn't want to post pics of his bat, and you are most likely not going to change his mind. So why not investigate yourself? Like I said, you should be able to at least track down footage of the '89 All-Star game. (There are websites selling old 80s and 90s footage on DVD). Then you can put all of these questions to rest, instead of relying on someone who has stated many times that he will not post his evidence.

One thing I found interesting in the previous posts that @byergo wrote in '06 was that the word "BO" was not on the handle or the top of his bat, as it is in your bat. I'm assuming this would be a relatively easy trait to pick up on footage of the game, or even from a Topps card that he claims to have photomatched his to.

Sorry just realized that the word "BO" is not on your bat, so please ignore last portion of my message.

therealaxis
01-27-2011, 11:55 PM

My bat does not have Bo written on the top nor the bottom only the AMI bat has that trait.I have all of the photos scott has and it is impossible to come up with an exact photo match which is the only reason john said he can not put in writing mine is the HR bat,he also told me he is aware of scott and does not believe he is the owner of the HR bat due to his research.I have footage of the game on its way to my house right now should be here tomorrow or sat and hopefully I can put this to rest finally!

vballGuy
01-27-2011, 11:58 PM
My bat does not have Bo written on the top nor the bottom only the AMI bat has that trait.I have all of the photos scott has and it is impossible to come up with an exact photo match which is the only reason john said he can not put in writing mine is the HR bat,he also told me he is aware of scott and does not believe he is the owner of the HR bat due to his research.I have footage of the game on its way to my house right now should be here tomorrow or sat and hopefully I can put this to rest finally!

Awesome! I would say your best hope is video footage of the game. Best of luck.

Rob L
01-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Just my 2 cents worth (which doesn't amount to much), but 4ABs and no smearing of the red labels? Makes very little sense!

sylbry
01-28-2011, 08:57 AM
The 1989 All Star Game home run was hit with Bo's first swing of the bat. Assuming this very first swing left a red ball mark is foolish. The lack of a "red" mark means nothing in regards to being the actual home run bat. But I will agree with Scott, the blue marks would indicate it saw usage beyond the All Star Game, if it was used in the All Star Game at all.

Therealaxis - I have the 1989 All Star Game on my DVR. Send me your address and I will burn all of Bo's at bats onto DVD and mail it to you. You have my email address.

CollectGU
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Before anyone asks again, no I'm not going to post any pics of my bat online. There are too many of these All Star Bo Jackson block "LOUISVILLE" floating around, and I am increasingly annoyed each time one of these new "Johnny come lately" bats suddenly appears out of nowhere years later and attempts to pose as the real thing. Especially when backed with wild speculation, incorrect assumptions, and a lot of cocky attitude. I generously offered a few years ago for anyone who wished to view the bat in person to have the opportunity and nobody took me up on it. "

My only question is WHY wouldn't you share it? I'm sure you likely have it, but the stance of not sharing it and not putting it to rest gives the appearance that maybe you don't have a photo match. It's absurd to think that people who want to see your photo match must travel to you to see it in person!

Dave

xpress34
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Dave

Dave -

Yes, that is the HR Derby. Besides the hat, look at the background. You can see the Red Rail of the dugout and it's filled with photographers and guys in suits. In the other pictures the dugout is filled with players.

I too would like to see photos of the other bat.

For what it's worth, here are pictures of my AUTO'd Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05338.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05339.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05341.jpg

And YES, mine has the large LOUISVILLE on the other side of the barrel as well. PSA/DNA Certified. I can post pics of the barrell back and COA if anyone is intersted.

- Smitty

rj_lucas
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIZHQHl5jI4

Hard to say for sure at low resolution, but the knob does not appear to have writing on the bottom.

Even at low res though, you can clearly see the big Louisville logo is very smeared.

I used to take my Bo replica (below) to the cages, so I can attest to how smeared that logo gets.

If you can find a good photo or better resolution video, it should be pretty easy to match to that smear pattern, assuming the bat didn't get used much after that game.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

therealaxis
01-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Dave -

Yes, that is the HR Derby. Besides the hat, look at the background. You can see the Red Rail of the dugout and it's filled with photographers and guys in suits. In the other pictures the dugout is filled with players.

I too would like to see photos of the other bat.

For what it's worth, here are pictures of my AUTO'd Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05338.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05339.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/DSC05341.jpg

And YES, mine has the large LOUISVILLE on the other side of the barrel as well. PSA/DNA Certified. I can post pics of the barrell back and COA if anyone is intersted.

- Smitty

Can you please post or email me the coa I am just interested in reading it kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

xpress34
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Can you please post or email me the coa I am just interested in reading it kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

Here are scans of the LOAs from PSA/DNA. They note the Professional Model Bat made for Promotional Appearances...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/scan0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/scan0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Bats/scan0003.jpg

All the best -

Smitty

CollectGU
03-08-2011, 10:59 PM

Can we get an update on this? Did you receive the video and were you able to find anything conclusive?

Thnaks,
Dave

therealaxis
03-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Can we get an update on this? Did you receive the video and were you able to find anything conclusive?

Thnaks,
Dave

I did intact get the video back and although my bat is a perfect style match there is no 100 pecent conclusive angles or shots from the 89 all star game footage which also makes me wonder how Scott video matched his bat to the game?Another interesting piece of info I did find was that out of all four at bats if I remember correctly Bo only made contact with the ball 3 times I believe I may be wrong but I know it was no more then 4 I will have to go back and double check though.In my humble opinion it is my belief I do infact own the bat used to hit the homerun and it was also used during the season after the mid summer classic.I am still searching for any conclusive photo or video evidence that I may have missed so if any one has anything that may help please feel free to contact me at Kansascitysportszone@gmail.com

byergo
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
therealaxis, your bat was not only NOT used in the All Star Game, I don't believe it was ever used by Bo Jackson period.

In my opinion the bat is a bad fake made by someone not smart enough to use a real 1989 All Star Game ball. Wishing it was something other than it is doesn't make it so. The PSA/DNA authenticator's letter didn't have any confidence that your bat was used in the 1989 All Star Game either, did he? Did you actually read the letter before making your boastful comments that aren't supported by the facts?

During the 1989 All Star Game, simultaneously Nike kicked off the "Bo Knows" shoe campaign. Immediately following the game Bo was the most popular and photographed athlete in the country, yet no evidence exists of Bo having ever used a block "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star bat during the regular season. It's because he didn't, and your bat with it's blue regular season ball marks is a fraud.

I'll step it up a notch with a challenge. I have a crisp $50 bill for the first person who can post a legit image of Bo Jackson using one of the special block lettered reverse "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star Game Louisville Slugger J93 bats during a regular season game.

Consider it a favor from me to you, since your bat wasn't used in the All Star Game at least you'll know your bat isn't a worthless fake if someone can substantiate its regular season use. But I'm not holding my breath!

therealaxis
03-12-2011, 07:17 PM
therealaxis, your bat was not only NOT used in the All Star Game, I don't believe it was ever used by Bo Jackson period.

In my opinion the bat is a bad fake made by someone not smart enough to use a real 1989 All Star Game ball. Wishing it was something other than it is doesn't make it so. The PSA/DNA authenticator's letter didn't have any confidence that your bat was used in the 1989 All Star Game either, did he? Did you actually read the letter before making your boastful comments that aren't supported by the facts?

During the 1989 All Star Game, simultaneously Nike kicked off the "Bo Knows" shoe campaign. Immediately following the game Bo was the most popular and photographed athlete in the country, yet no evidence exists of Bo having ever used a block "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star bat during the regular season. It's because he didn't, and your bat with it's blue regular season ball marks is a fraud.

I'll step it up a notch with a challenge. I have a crisp $50 bill for the first person who can post a legit image of Bo Jackson using one of the special block lettered reverse "LOUISVILLE" 1989 All Star Game Louisville Slugger J93 bats during a regular season game.

Consider it a favor from me to you, since your bat wasn't used in the All Star Game at least you'll know your bat isn't a worthless fake if someone can substantiate its regular season use. But I'm not holding my breath!

Scott I didn't realize you were such an expert in the game used bat field.I spoke to john several times regarding my bat and never once did he say he even had a thought of my bat being fake infact it was quite the opposite.He said it was his feeling I am the owner of the home run bat.My bat came a source in which I know personaly and have for several years and the confidence I have in him personal means a great deal to me.I know for a fact he has owned my bat for over 15 years before finally deciding to part with it due to a divorce.I contacted your source on eBay regarding this situation and his words exactly were "I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as yours being the home run bat".He said he did not sell your bat as the bat that hit the homer simply as an all star bat with no coa.I am honestly not in to personal attacking people items publicly but the way you keep insisting you own the homer bat but won't prove it leaves me no choice.I will up the ante I will papal you $100 to post the indisputable evidence you have that you are intact of the home run bat!

CollectGU
03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
will up the ante I will papal you $100 to post the indisputable evidence you have that you are intact of the home run bat!

For shits and giggles, so will I, that's $200....

Dave

MikeSharon
03-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I know my opinion wasnt asked for and is probobaly not needed but I know for a fact that the first shipments of big block letter LOUSIVILLE bats that were shipped to Adaconad Kay were J93's beacuse my father bought about a dozen of them and sold them as what they were game model bats. If we bought that many of them i know there must be many more out there. This fight isnt going to end and with the low resoultion footage for the game a match isnt possible. If it belonged to me I would feel very confident that your bat is a game used all star game bat from at least the Home Run Durby or Batting Practice looking at the pine tar pattern and tape application it looks too good to have been done by someone trying copy it .
Mike Sharon

therealaxis
03-13-2011, 01:17 AM
T
I know my opinion wasnt asked for and is probobaly not needed but I know for a fact that the first shipments of big block letter LOUSIVILLE bats that were shipped to Adaconad Kay were J93's beacuse my father bought about a dozen of them and sold them as what they were game model bats. If we bought that many of them i know there must be many more out there. This fight isnt going to end and with the low resoultion footage for the game a match isnt possible. If it belonged to me I would feel very confident that your bat is a game used all star game bat from at least the Home Run Durby or Batting Practice looking at the pine tar pattern and tape application it looks too good to have been done by someone trying copy it .
Mike Sharon

Thanks for your feedback mike it is appreciated.I sure wish the technology was what it is today in the early 90's things would be so much easyer.I am still confident there is a photo somewhere out there to help verify my bat just a matter of hunting for it!

89ASMVPBats
03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
If anyone has a promotional 1989 Bo Jackson All-Star game bat that the are looking to sell, please contact me: drewgetty@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Drew

CollectGU
03-22-2011, 08:45 AM
We have $200 offered for the match so far, anyone want to add to the pot, maybe we can buy the posting of the photo/video match out of him.....

Dave

therealaxis
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I just wanted to add one more update the Kansas City Royals director just called me back this week and expressed there interest in displaying my bat in a Bo Jackson exhibit they will have at the stadium this year.So if you are in the Kc area check it out this year when your at the stadium.I will post a few pics after everything is set up.

byergo
03-22-2011, 09:29 PM
therealaxis, I got in touch with a the Royals to inform them your bat is not genuine and offered to let them borrow the real Bo Jackson 1989 All Star game used bat for the forthcoming Bo exhibit honoring the 25th anniversary of his call up, among other high end Bo items I extended an offer to loan them.

And I'm upping the ante to a crisp $100 bill to the first person who can upload a legit image of Bo Jackson using therealaxis's bat in a regular season contest (the only way it could have obtained the incorrect blue ball marks it demonstrates). Again, I'm not holding my breath because in my educated opinion his bat is a forgery, certainly not used in the All Star Game and very likely never used by Bo period. Other points of interest wrong with therealaxis's bat include: pine tar substance too dark/heavily applied, pine tar appears to be present at the centerbrand which is incorrect, pine tar is heavily applied over tape which is verified incorrect many times over with still images and video, etc...

In case you're wondering my bat demonstrates correct red ink ball marks that would be expected from striking a real 1989 Rawlings All Star official game ball (correctly noted in the authenticators opinion letter). Of course the only reason the authenticator mentioned the red ink marks is because he botched the first authentication he wrote on yet another fake Bo Jackson 1989 All Star game bat sold by American Memorabilia and I pointed it out on this web site. That bat (with fire damage) was a laughable joke in many respects, but still obtained a LOA.

I'm happy to report that Bo's genuine all star game bat has been nicely preserved (sans tape) in it's original All Star game used state and not used during regular season games/batting practice or damaged/broken. It may be the 2nd most important All Star HR bat in existence. Of course Babe Ruth's 1st HR in the first All Star game would be the king, and I'd have put Reggie Jackson's 1971 epic blast ahead of Bo's, but I believe Reggie's bat was burned alongside many rare cars in his collection in a big fire. Perhaps you'll get to view my bat at the Royals Hall of Fame at Kauffman Stadium later this year.

spartanservitto
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
therealaxis, I got in touch with a the Royals to inform them your bat is not genuine and offered to let them borrow the real Bo Jackson 1989 All Star game used bat for the forthcoming Bo exhibit honoring the 25th anniversary of his call up, among other high end Bo items I extended an offer to loan them.

And I'm upping the ante to a crisp $100 bill to the first person who can upload a legit image of Bo Jackson using therealaxis's bat in a regular season contest (the only way it could have obtained the incorrect blue ball marks it demonstrates). Again, I'm not holding my breath because in my educated opinion his bat is a forgery, certainly not used in the All Star Game and very likely never used by Bo period. Other points of interest wrong with therealaxis's bat include: pine tar substance too dark/heavily applied, pine tar appears to be present at the centerbrand which is incorrect, pine tar is heavily applied over tape which is verified incorrect many times over with still images and video, etc...

In case you're wondering my bat demonstrates correct red ink ball marks that would be expected from striking a real 1989 Rawlings All Star official game ball (correctly noted in the authenticators opinion letter). Of course the only reason the authenticator mentioned the red ink marks is because he botched the first authentication he wrote on yet another fake Bo Jackson 1989 All Star game bat sold by American Memorabilia and I pointed it out on this web site. That bat (with fire damage) was a laughable joke in many respects, but still obtained a LOA.

I'm happy to report that Bo's genuine all star game bat has been nicely preserved (sans tape) in it's original All Star game used state and not used during regular season games/batting practice or damaged/broken. It may be the 2nd most important All Star HR bat in existence. Of course Babe Ruth's 1st HR in the first All Star game would be the king, and I'd have put Reggie Jackson's 1971 epic blast ahead of Bo's, but I believe Reggie's bat was burned alongside many rare cars in his collection in a big fire. Perhaps you'll get to view my bat at the Royals Hall of Fame at Kauffman Stadium later this year.

Classy. Lets start the post with a personal attack on someone who has been open about their item.

-Tony

CollectGU
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Byergo

There are many here that are interested in viewing your photo/video match that you claim to have. Anyone can take a bat out to the ballpark and start pitching a couple of all star balls in to get your coveted red marks on it. Please tell me that is not all you have to connect your bat to the claim of it being the the all star bat. And if anyone steals it from your home after you compromise it's security by sharing these, I would be happy to reimburse you it's fair market value ($2K?).

Best,
Dave

5kRunner
03-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Post your photomatch or go pound sand.

jobathenut
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
In reading this thread.I find it funny that "byergo" called someone else cocky.Because from reading this thread you are the one coming off that way.

CollectGU
03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
It may be the 2nd most important All Star HR bat in existence. Of course Babe Ruth's 1st HR in the first All Star game would be the king, and I'd have put Reggie Jackson's 1971 epic blast ahead of Bo's, but I believe Reggie's bat was burned alongside many rare cars in his collection in a big fire. Perhaps you'll get to view my bat at the Royals Hall of Fame at Kauffman Stadium later this year.

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.....Sneaky little therealaxises. Wicked, tricksy, false!

jobathenut
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
:confused:
We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.....Sneaky little therealaxises. Wicked, tricksy, false!

legaleagle92481
03-22-2011, 11:12 PM

Plus 1. Whats the harm in letting people see it? After all your offering to let it out of your hands to have it publicly displayed. So what is the harm in posting a pic?

therealaxis
03-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Wow I just got home and read this post and I can not believe you Scott you are a true piece of work.I will be contacting the royals as well tomorrow and pointing them to this thread as well as putting them in touch with john from PSA to hear his opinion on this matter.The reason that you will not post photos is because there simply is no solid evidence to backup your claim aside from the fact that supposedly your bat has red ball marks which has still yet to be verified.The fact that you bring up regarding the pine tar application on my bat makes compleatly no sense my bat was likley to have been used after the all star game as well which my letter states which would coincide with the heavy amount of use on my bat as well as the tar application.The second thing I find puzzling is where are your matches from because I have every picture and video you claimed to match your bat with and the technology just make it impossible to find a conclusive match aside from a style math which my bat is a great example of.The fact that you feel the need attack me in every post I make and in even ventures out side of this forum is tasteless and shows a complete lack of regard especially being that you wont post one photo.There are two ways I am willing to moove from here we can meet at the stadium this week and let the director decide from there or you can send your photos plus match privately to the mods like I suggested in a earlier post!

I also want to add after reading some of your prior posts I'm amazed this is coming from the same guy that said you would feel perfectly comfortable buying a scoreboard Bo jersey as a true gamer hope you don't plan on lending that to the Royals as well!

nycpropain
03-23-2011, 12:28 AM
To the Royals rep who will be seeing this, we apologize for the immature act by this bitter member who contacted you.

He likes to talk but behind that talk is zero proof. He says he has an exact photomatch, let me explain what this is. A photomatch is when a photograph EXACTLY matches the item in question, now some like to pass of style matches off as photo matches. What is a style match? Thats when the brand (Louisville in this case) is right but there are no markings to distinguish the item to the photograph or film.

A photo match would have to have an exact marking on the bat that matches up with the item. This could be a loose piece of tape, wood pattern, pine tar spot or even some markings from a ball. If the bitter member who contacted you does not provide this do what others have, ignore him. He is just talking and very well may THINK he has the bat, but until he proves something he has nothing but a regular bat. Sorry you had to deal with this guy, and know therealaxis is the real deal.

chicagoglen
03-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kRunner http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=244460#post244460)

Plus 1. Whats the harm in letting people see it? After all your offering to let it out of your hands to have it publicly displayed. So what is the harm in posting a pic?

+2

This guy takes the cake. Show your bat already or disappear.

All,

Just an FYI

I have Ty Cobbs full uniform from his first game ever as a pro. I have photo matched it perfectly. I will not show you pictures of it for fear of being stolen but just know I do have it.

That is all.

Thank you.

sylbry
03-23-2011, 12:36 PM
It is both foolish to assume that a red ball mark was left by the homer which was done with the first swing of the bat. It is also foolish to believe that Bo never again used the All Star Bats after the game was over.

therealaxis
03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
After reading your post again Scott I would also like to ask after looking at numerous pictures of my bat which photo gave you the idea the pine tar goes all the way up to the center brand.I think if you take a look again you will notice that it does not even come close.My bat matches all characteristics of the home run bat in the photos I gathered from the All Star game from the tape to the tar.I would also like to know who you spoke to at the Royals becaus last time I spoke to them was Monday and they made me aware that no one was going to be in the office until wendsday???I can meet you at the.stadium today if you would like I for sake of the forum would like to get this whole situation behind me.Also you mentioned it was your "educated" opinion that my bat is a forgery...are you kidding me....what exactly makes you so educated on the subject.I can gurantee as well as john that my bat is far from a fake,how can you even associate that word with my bat with no basis.I am going to contact zane bats and offer to pay him for photos of the bat he sold scott. I will continue to keep everyone posted on my findings.

therealaxis
03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Sorry to keep bumping this thread but unfortunately there's no edit button.I just got off the phone with Jill from the Royals.It seems that they have been talking with Scott for almost a year now and have come to the same conclusion as us.She assured me that they will not nor have not ever been interested in putting Scotts items in the museum.Scott I would love to see the email conversations with the royals stating that you may be loaning them items for the Bo show case.They made me aware that after extensive research they found that two bats were giving to each player for use in the all star and world series games during 1989 and that in there opinion my bat is defiantly one of the two.The truth always comes to the light and I will be dropping my bat off for display Monday morning at the stadium and will "POST" pics when they get it set up.

byergo
03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
therealaxis, there is no other way to put this: You are a point blank liar.

I just received correspondence from the Director of the Royals Hall of Fame Museum. He assured me that your bat is being considered for inclusion in the Bo Jackson display solely because you were the first to offer it. It's inclusion is NOT to be considered a tacit approval by the Royals that it was used by Bo Jackson during the All Star Game or an attempt at authentication in any manner.

Exact cut and paste from the email:

"There have been several people who have reached out to us with Bo related artifacts and our goal was to include as many of the best we could find. As you know many items are tough to authenticate but I’ve tried to contact all the folks who have collected items that can at least be somewhat authenticated to have been part of Bo’s career in Kansas City – that is why I’ve reached out to you. There does seem to be differing thoughts on the All-Star Game related bats – a dispute we have no expertise in adjudicating. We can offer no stamp of approval for an artifact we did not collect ourselves. There are folks in the business of such authentication with expertise that we do not have.

In the case of the Bo Jackson exhibit the goal has been to include items from each of the collectors we have reached out to in the process. There is a gentlemen that contacted us quite sometime ago, before we had details of a potential Bo Jackson exhibit, offering to loan a Louisville Slugger from the lot made for Bo related to the 1989 All-Star Game. The authentication of these All-Star Game bats as far as whether they were actually used in the game itself – or another game after the night in Anaheim seems hard to discern. We are not the stamp of approval that any bat was or was not used in the 1989 All-Star Game. The reason we reached out to see if this loan offer still stood was because it was the first offered to be part of the then potential future exhibit."

therealaxis, everything you stated is a lie. The Royals did not conduct extensive research on the bat. I have NOT been in contact with the Royals for a year (my first ever correspondence with them was on Jan 28, 2011), and YES they are looking at some of my other high end Bo Jackson items that are more than worthy of inclusion in the RHOF, such as his 1986 home pre-rookie debut jersey video and photo matched mutiple times and the jersey Bo wore to hit his 1st HR, the longest in the history of the stadium, among multiple other items. In fact the Director is planning a trip to visit me to review the items soon. While I mentioned that I would be less than amused to see therealaxis's bat included and I felt that Royals fans would not appreciate being duped with a non-genuine item, I'm not going to withhold allowing them to borrow any of my Bo Jackson items for the exhibit which they would like to include.

therealaxis--you are no longer worthy of spending my time on. My intention here was to protect the integrity of my All Star bat and expose you as a liar and a fraud, so mission accomplished.

Canseco44
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kRunner

+3
Get the he'll outta here. Do you even own a Bo Jackson All Star bat? If I had one I couldn't wait to get my rear on this forum and show everyone! I say show Or go. Match or not, I would really love to see another Bo gamer!

spartanservitto
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
This guy is driving me crazy, part of the joy in collecting is showing others your items, people appreciate seeing it. Pretty classless, downplaying someone's item with amazing provenance, and whether or not it is the home run bat, its a wonderful piece nonetheless. Back off unless you show your item, dont you want to shut us all up?

-Tony

Canseco44
03-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I agree 100%! if nobody has stolen gameused awesome collection of manny game used bats, what makes you think someone would sneeze at your supposed Bo gamer? Like the previous post states, come on, make us all look like fools when you break out the pics of your awesome photomatched Bo Jackson 1989 game used All Star bat! Not holding my breath tho! Lol

therealaxis
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I have not lied about one thing during all my posts in this thread I have tried to be as honest and upfront as possible.Everything I said in my last post came directly from the mouth of the royals not me.Although your intention "was to protect the integrity of my All Star bat and expose me as a liar and a fraud" you have only completed the opposite.I do not think the royals would allow any item to be place in there hall of fame without doing research on the the piece.By the way the term "extinsive" research did not come from my mouth incase you think I am hyping up my talk with jill.I will contact the museum staff tommarow and make sure they get a chance to read this thread to get a gauge for how you conduct yourself.Did you send the photos of your bat to the RHOF scott??Will you privatly send photos of your bat to a mod?

legaleagle92481
03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
therealaxis, there is no other way to put this: You are a point blank liar.

I just received correspondence from the Director of the Royals Hall of Fame Museum. He assured me that your bat is being considered for inclusion in the Bo Jackson display solely because you were the first to offer it. It's inclusion is NOT to be considered a tacit approval by the Royals that it was used by Bo Jackson during the All Star Game or an attempt at authentication in any manner.

Exact cut and paste from the email:

"There have been several people who have reached out to us with Bo related artifacts and our goal was to include as many of the best we could find. As you know many items are tough to authenticate but I’ve tried to contact all the folks who have collected items that can at least be somewhat authenticated to have been part of Bo’s career in Kansas City – that is why I’ve reached out to you. There does seem to be differing thoughts on the All-Star Game related bats – a dispute we have no expertise in adjudicating. We can offer no stamp of approval for an artifact we did not collect ourselves. There are folks in the business of such authentication with expertise that we do not have.

In the case of the Bo Jackson exhibit the goal has been to include items from each of the collectors we have reached out to in the process. There is a gentlemen that contacted us quite sometime ago, before we had details of a potential Bo Jackson exhibit, offering to loan a Louisville Slugger from the lot made for Bo related to the 1989 All-Star Game. The authentication of these All-Star Game bats as far as whether they were actually used in the game itself – or another game after the night in Anaheim seems hard to discern. We are not the stamp of approval that any bat was or was not used in the 1989 All-Star Game. The reason we reached out to see if this loan offer still stood was because it was the first offered to be part of the then potential future exhibit."

therealaxis, everything you stated is a lie. The Royals did not conduct extensive research on the bat. I have NOT been in contact with the Royals for a year (my first ever correspondence with them was on Jan 28, 2011), and YES they are looking at some of my other high end Bo Jackson items that are more than worthy of inclusion in the RHOF, such as his 1986 home pre-rookie debut jersey video and photo matched mutiple times and the jersey Bo wore to hit his 1st HR, the longest in the history of the stadium, among multiple other items. In fact the Director is planning a trip to visit me to review the items soon. While I mentioned that I would be less than amused to see therealaxis's bat included and I felt that Royals fans would not appreciate being duped with a non-genuine item, I'm not going to withhold allowing them to borrow any of my Bo Jackson items for the exhibit which they would like to include.

therealaxis--you are no longer worthy of spending my time on. My intention here was to protect the integrity of my All Star bat and expose you as a liar and a fraud, so mission accomplished.

I think you are unfair to slam him so much. He has a bat authenticated by the hobby's leading bat authenticator. He has posted pictures, even the COA and all you do is make claims about what you have. What is the difference between discussing an item and showing pics of it? By mentioning you have it you take the same risk as posting pics. Some forum members have some very expensive stuff. Quite a few collections including my own are objectively valued at well over $100,000. Yet there is no rash of robberies. Has any member ever had an item stolen after posting about it on the forum? If you have please share your story.

nycpropain
03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
If you feel you really "exposed" anything you need our head checked. As a matter of fact you have made it clear you dont want to prove yours cause you dont have to even though according to your words you have an exact match.

The only thing thats going to expose anything is if you post your exact match. Which you wont, which is odd cause your whole mission is to prove some one wrong. Which you can do with one picture which you have, and yet you dont. If that dont say it all I dont know what does.

CollectGU
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
:confused:

Don't mind me joba, it was a random movie character reference that came to mind after reading his post about his bat.....

solarlottry
03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Byergo-you just sound plain dumb. Just to be absolutely clear i am NOT calling you dumb just stating that your posts sound really old already. Someone who boasts about such a great collection and yet does not provide one single shred of evidence that such collection even exists is not worth even dealing with. At least the original poster posted images of the bat and COA. The only thing you have done is boast about this and that and not provide a single image or anything that suggest that you even own any of the items you talk about. Put your money (or collection) where your mouth is and post what you have. I have a 49ers collection that is worth more than your supposed HOF Bo Jackson collection and yet who knows what you really have. I have consistently posted images of 99% of my collection. For all we know you dont have a single item that you say is in this HOF collection. You are under no obligation to post images of your collection but under the circumstances you should. Every time someone asks you to post an image you have another excuse which leads us all to believe that you are really the fraud. To expect someone to fly and meet you at an airport to see these supposed items is plain ridiculous. I am in no way saying that the OP bat is the All-Star bat but if you are going to strongly refute it then gives us the evidence that does so.

jobathenut
03-23-2011, 09:57 PM
What movie? Yeah i was toally confused as i guess i missed the reference...
Don't mind me joba, it was a random movie character reference that came to mind after reading his post about his bat.....

WadeInBmore
03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
What movie? Yeah i was toally confused as i guess i missed the reference...

He was quoting Gollum/Smeagol from JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy...or three movies directed by Peter Jackson. His Gollum character has a certain affection for a certain ring and a very split personality ;)

wade

jobathenut
03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Wade-Thanks,i never saw any of the movies.So i would never have guess it.But i saw it referenced in "big bang theory"..."My precious" i think thats a line that charector says about the ring.So thats very funny "collectgu"-:)

nycpropain
03-24-2011, 02:02 AM
I am curious on how some one who is afraid to post pictures due to theft will be displaying his collection at a museum makes any sense.

justinwc80
03-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I am curious on how some one who is afraid to post pictures due to theft will be displaying his collection at a museum makes any sense.

Because you are using rational thought, and others are not :D

sellingmygamers
03-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Wow this is pretty comical!

My 2 cents is the bat that we see on here was more than likely AT LEAST used in the home run derby (acquiring blue ink marks) and i'm not even sure how he did but if he did good why wouldn't he use that same bat in the All-Star game as well?

I hate when people claim they own the world but cant even show a picture of anything!

Good luck getting to the bottom of this!

sellingmygamers
03-25-2011, 12:11 AM
oh also what is the pot up to if I can find a picture during non all-star game activities with the bat?

therealaxis
03-25-2011, 12:33 AM
oh also what is the pot up to if I can find a picture during non all-star game activities with the bat?Scott says he will pay a $100 if anyone can find a photo of Bo using a big label lv bat after the all star game,I will add $50 to that so brings the pot to a total of $150 if anyone can come up with anything!

Dewey2007
03-25-2011, 01:07 AM
This guy on ihaveplanet.com has video of the first regular season game Bo played after the All-Star break on July 13th vs the Yankees:

http://www.ihaveplanet.com/Trading/TradingBoard.aspx?Board=29&Item=145720

Maybe this game footage will show that your bat was used then. It's definitely worth looking into since you are probably not going to find pics from the game.

therealaxis
03-25-2011, 01:32 AM
This guy on ihaveplanet.com has video of the first regular season game Bo played after the All-Star break on July 13th vs the Yankees:

http://www.ihaveplanet.com/Trading/TradingBoard.aspx?Board=29&Item=145720

Maybe this game footage will show that your bat was used then. It's definitely worth looking into since you are probably not going to find pics from the game.

Thanks for the lead I just sent him a PM hopefully something will pan out.

Rboitano
03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zxQoG82eU

Rboitano
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNtiCwxiijg

Rboitano
03-26-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL7TpYbv3j4

CampWest
03-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Axis - is this your bat?

Around the 1:20 mark...

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/27358946/detail.html

If so, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow or Saturday.

CampWest
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
??

therealaxis
03-30-2011, 10:05 AM
??

Yes that is indeed my bat .Good find I didn't know that the display was going to be on the news.I dropped it of Monday at the stadium,didn't realize they were going to have it completed so fast.Can't wait to catch a game and see it in person!

karamaxjoe
03-30-2011, 10:46 AM
This story gets more interesting everyday. What will Scott say about this.

commando
05-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I will be updating this story soon, hopefully within the next week. I am just waiting to verify one more thing before I release my findings.

This, by the way, is in regards to THE bat used by Bo Jackson to hit the 1989 All-Star Game home run. Other issues have been brought up on this thread, but I can only tell you where the home run bat is.

(Don't you just love the shifty, lingering, twisty spirit of this thread? I'm happy to contribute.)

Dach0sen0ne
05-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I will be updating this story soon, hopefully within the next week. I am just waiting to verify one more thing before I release my findings.

This, by the way, is in regards to THE bat used by Bo Jackson to hit the 1989 All-Star Game home run. Other issues have been brought up on this thread, but I can only tell you where the home run bat is.

(Don't you just love the shifty, lingering, twisty spirit of this thread? I'm happy to contribute.)

Commando, that's not even right. LOL

gingi79
05-07-2011, 06:55 PM

EVERY TIME I THINK I'M OUT........THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

commando
05-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the responses. Let me summarize what I have found:

1) I have obtained a print interview of someone who claims to have the bat.

2) When you learn who this person is, each and every one of you will agree that this person is telling the truth and their word is beyond reproach.

3) I am waiting for an email or phone response back from this party to verify they still have the bat (I don't want to assume anything here).

4) I was surprised to stumble across this information -- I wasn't even searching for it! I personally do not have an interest in Bo Jackson's game-used equipment. I do collect baseball cards from the 1980s though, and have one of his 1987 Fleer rookie cards, worth up to $8. :D

SkubeBats
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Where are these 2 guy's now with their talk about having the bat in their collections. Now they have nothing to say about this. I can't wait to see WHO REALY has the bat. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting...

therealaxis
05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
I am very intrested in your findings any information is helpfull and much appreciated...

commando
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I consider myself knowledgeable in two areas; The Houston Gamblers of the USFL, of which I am the team historian, and sports cards from the decade of the 1980s. To become more educated on both, I am constantly acquiring newspapers, magazines and video to add to my reference library.

This is how I learned the early whereabouts of Bo Jackson’s 1989 All-Star home run bat.

Surprisingly, the information was found in the July, 1990 issue of Baseball Cards Magazine. Writer Ken Tingley conducted an interview with Peter Clark, the registrar of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. In this interview, Tingley states the following: "Bo Jackson gave the bat he hit a home run with at this year's All-Star game (1989) to the Hall of Fame, as did Terry Steinbach in 1988."

Now there's an interesting bit of information. The Hall of Fame received the bat almost immediately after the game itself! With the interview being over 20 years old, however, it could not be assumed that the bat still resides in the Hall today. It was necessary to contact the Hall and verify that the bat is still indeed in their archives.

Peter Clark, the registrar of the Hall of Fame for 40 years and person who granted the original interview for Baseball Cards Magazine, retired from his position in September of 2009. His replacement and longtime colleague is Susan MacKay, who I spoke with just a few minutes ago.

MacKay researched three separate databases and confirmed that the Hall is currently NOT in possession of the bat. She confirmed the bat was not stolen, and the Hall does still have the cap Jackson wore during the 1989 All-Star game. I asked it the bat may have been given as a temporary loan at the time, and MacKay agreed that this is the most likely scenario. As a final question, I asked if there's the chance that the bat may have been "lost in the shuffle" over the past twenty years and is still there somewhere, and MacKay did not believe so.

So there you have it. I enjoyed speaking with MacKay and tracking the bat's early history, but ultimately wasn't able to hammer down it's location today. So let the controversy resume. As a former investigator and current historian, I know not to post information until it has been verified with up-to-date, credible evidence.

Bring your bats (and evidence) to the table and let's figure out where this thing is!

Anthony

CampWest
05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info... So many questions...

When did the Hall remit the bat?

Who did the Hall remit the bat to?

Does Bo Jackson have the bat?

How many bats did Bo use in hit at-bats during that game and was the correct bat lent to the Hall in the first place?

Does the Hall have any detailed photo documentation of the bat that could be used to compare to the candidates?

vballGuy
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Really interesting. There have been at least 2 forum members who claim that they own the bat. I would really like to know where it is and who owns it!

One forum member claims to have received it from a reputable club-house source (KC Royals) while the other purchased it from ZaneBats on ebay. It appears as though this story refutes both of those claims.

It would have been interesting if MacKay knew whether or not there were red inks marks on the bat. Were any photos of the bat taken?

commando
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Really interesting. There have been at least 2 forum members who claim that they own the bat. I would really like to know where it is and who owns it!

One forum member claims to have received it from a reputable club-house source (KC Royals) while the other purchased it from ZaneBats on ebay. It appears as though this story refutes both of those claims.

It would have been interesting if MacKay knew whether or not there were red inks marks on the bat. Were any photos of the bat taken?

I did not want to inconvenience Susan any further after asking several questions, but I do wonder if they have photos. Maybe someone could even check the Hall's reference library if they live close by?

therealaxis
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info and proffesional manor in which you posted it.I am very intrested to learn more from them hopefully they still have pictures or some more info.

shoremen44
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
What ever happened to the story about THE bat

CollectGU
11-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Great call, we all wanted to see how this concluded...

astros5.7
11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bo-Jackson-Game-Used-1989-All-Star-Game-Homerun-Bat-Psa-Dna-GU-9-/330640788619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfbba0c8b

therealaxis
11-19-2011, 01:14 AM
If anyone has any further questions feel free to ask me.

byergo
02-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Just a heads up, the guy with the fake Bo Jackson 1989 All Star game bat is trying to sell it again on ebay.

As soon as he got it back from the Royals he immediately tried to sell it for $2,500. Now he's asking $1,800. Funny how as soon as he got his hands back on it he couldn't attempt to sell it quick enough! I figured he was attempting to legitimize his item and position it for sale.

With certainty his bat wasn't used in the All Star Game, and there is no evidence it was ever in Bo's hands during a regular season game either. Nobody ever stepped up to claim my cash offer for a pic of Bo using that bat during a regular season game, where it would have had to be used to get the American League ball marks, as opposed to the correct 1989 All Star Game ball marks.

I own the real bat and it's not for sale. Just didn't want an uneducated newbie to pull the trigger on the non authentic bat and get taken. Anyone who needs more information can search the old threads on this forum. The topic has been beaten to death!

sylbry
02-01-2012, 09:21 AM
You have never stepped up to the cash offer to post a pic of your bat either.

You lack credibility Scott.

otismalibu
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
A comparison of these two bats would make for a great episode of Deadliest All-Star Bat Pickers Roadshow.

frikativ54
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
A comparison of these two bats would make for a great episode of Deadliest All-Star Bat Pickers Roadshow.

LOL! I thought that Jackson had the bat himself.

spartanservitto
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I have never been so sick of a topic of discussion until I read "1989 Bo Jackson All Star Bat".... then I realize this thread and debate will never stop. This is horrible. My two cents.

-Tony

emann
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I have never been so sick of a topic of discussion until I read "1989 Bo Jackson All Star Bat".... This is horrible.

+1

Mulligans
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Pleeeeze don't take us down this path again......:confused:

frikativ54
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
+1

+2.

I thought this had already been settled.

Preston
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Just post a pic of the bat, or nobody will believe you. Plain and simple.

legaleagle92481
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
In my world you don't make a claim without backing it up with evidence. Noone takes you seriously if you don't. So put up your proof or stop subjecting us all to this saga that can never be definitely resolved until you pony up the proof. Most of us have items as valuable or more valuable as your bat and we post pics so theres no excuse. If you don't want to prove it don't make claims.

spartanservitto
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM
In my world you don't make a claim without backing it up with evidence. Noone takes you seriously if you don't. So put up your proof or stop subjecting us all to this saga that can never be definitely resolved until you pony up the proof. Most of us have items as valuable or more valuable as your bat and we post pics so theres no excuse. If you don't want to prove it don't make claims.

+ a million

gingi79
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I totally understand not wanting to post your items online for whatever reasons you have. It's your stuff, your business and you want to protect the value of the real bat.

After reading all three threads however, I will forever doubt the authenticity of any and all 1989 All Star bat that hits the market or is even discussed. Too many people have posted game model, game used, game issued bats for me to ever truly believe one is the "real one."

Just thought I'd voice the opinion that

a) Claiming to own the real one and
b) Convincingly and repeatedly proving there are fakes out there and people faking them ALL while
c) Withholding from the hobby what the real, multi-photomatched bat actually looks like

Is crippling the value of this bat. You may not care what other people perceive the value of your bat to be and have no plans to ever sell it. However, the memory of this hobby is much longer than most people anticipate and 30 years from now, all 1989 Bo All Star bats will still be stuck with a stigma of questionable authenticity.

jppopma
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Every item on here is FAKE! Why, because I already own all of the real ones....but I'm never going to sell them and don't need to prove any of it. So now go and throw all of your fake stuff away to make way for me.

By the way, I'll offer you a low ball price to buy your fake stuff to prevent it from getting on the market and attempting to tarnish the prices of my top secret gems.

That's just the way it is....the end.

shoremen44
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM
FINE... I have decided to end this once and for all... I OWN THE BO HOMERUN bat...

Here is my proof... a clear Photomatch

rdeversole
02-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Hah! Now that's funny.

maverick14
02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
FINE... I have decided to end this once and for all... I OWN THE BO HOMERUN bat...

LOL :D Are you taking offers on this amazing bat right now??

short84
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
I Want That Bat!!!!

emann
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM

I believe what you have there is only considered a "style-match" to the brand as I see no distinct markings specific to that bat.

spartanservitto
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I believe what you have there is only considered a "style-match" to the brand as I see no distinct markings specific to that bat.

Definite Style Match... a great bat non the less.

-Tony

nickacs
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM

LOL!!! http://www.google.com/imgres?q=small+ROTFL+gif&hl=en&biw=1680&bih=876&tbm=isch&tbnid=8Haukeic7X5aBM:&imgrefurl=http://www.vpsingles.com/iconsrtoz.htm&docid=EhUKn54izIBLKM&imgurl=http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/rotfl.gif&w=31&h=22&ei=_tYqT-TgJuTe2AXU-fHsDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=254&sig=115390563275313868095&page=1&tbnh=22&tbnw=31&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&tx=14&ty=16

Dach0sen0ne
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM

That can't be the bat, I've seen tons of those bats available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Inflatable-Bats-40-Baseball-Bat-Superbat-NEW-FREE-USA-SHIPPING-/160725519892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256bfcce14

Plus, I own the real one. :D

Mark17
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM

Does it have Bo's uniform number in vintage marker on the knob, or any use characteristics like pine tar, ball marks, etc?

I would doubt there are any cleat marks.....

Has it been graded?

byergo
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Now there is yet another BO J93 1989 block "LOUISVILLE" bat up for sale on ebay. Item number: 320838301617.

This bat has significant water stain marks on the barrel end. Curiously, the seller claims the bat came directly from Bo.

Looks like the message has been clearly received in that the seller makes it clear that his is NOT the authentic All Star Game used bat. That puts a smile on my face!

CollectGU
02-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Looks like the message has been clearly received in that the seller makes it clear that his is NOT the authentic All Star Game used bat.

Yes, i hope the message has been clearly received.... MOst on the forum are in agreement that yours is also NOT the authentic All Star game used bat...

Best,
Dave

byergo
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
gingi79 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=2081), you are correct in that I have good reasons for not posting pics of my bat, and will not do so under any circumstance. I already said that long ago, and it isn't subject to change.

The value of the Genuine Article can never be tarnished, and anyone who buys my bat (which isn't for sale) or any other piece of significant game used memorabilia should conduct extensive due dilligence to know what they are buying, and then pull the trigger confident in their expert knowledge of the subject matter. If you know what you are doing, at least in this case, you can quickly tell the Real McCoy from a poorly executed fake. If you don't you shouldn't be in the market for that item anyway. You know what they say: a fool and their money are quickly parted. Never more true than in the GU marketplace, where a fool (or even a reasonably educated consumer in some cases) can part with tremendous sums of money on worthless merchandise very rapidly!

I think many have learned that over the past year, what with the J.O. Sports and other memorabilia dealers getting blown up by the FBI. I've been away from this board for months, as I rarely add new items to my collection at this point as there hasn't been anything of quality on the market that's interested me, and it was quite a surprise to me to see that a highly regarded dealer with contracts with NFL teams, and seemingly rock solid items selling for stupid money, was faking items and defrauding the hobby.

Bottom line, know what you buy really well--better than anyone else, and most LOA's from supposed general subject matter experts and dealers are best used as toilet paper. As I initially stated, the reason for this thread was to keep an uneducated buyer from getting taken on a non-genuine item

In any case, if my bat is ever for sale during your lifetime (which is doubtful), it's value will be determined by a person in the market for said item, armed with the knowledge required to pull the trigger with absolute confidence, in a private transaction, and the musings of message board posters would have absolutely zero impact on its price. I have a standing offer at what many here would consider stupid money for the Bo Jackson All Star GU bat and turned it down. To me it's something that would be difficult to part with.

CollectGU
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
The value of the Genuine Article can never be tarnished......, it's value will be determined by a person in the market for said item, armed with the knowledge required to pull the trigger with absolute confidence, in a private transaction, and the musings of message board posters would have absolutely zero impact on its price. I have a standing offer at what many here would consider stupid money for the Bo Jackson All Star GU bat and turned it down. To me it's something that would be difficult to part with.

To the above. The power of this forum is extensive and your inability to provide proof that your bat is the real deal has diminshed value of your game model Bo Jackson bat showing game use! I suggest that you take the "stupid money" offered to you quick before the buyer reads the forum and realizes his money is best spent elsewhere.

Further, I will offer you $250 via paypal if you can conclusively show us a photomatch for your bat. I have done transactions with a number of rum members who will vouch for my integrity and confirm the validity of my offer. It's an easy $250 for you...

Best,
Dave

MikeSharon
02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Look not to get in the middle of this fight but the previously mentioned bats that were sold by Adaconda Kay many of them were J93 Large Louisville on the back just like the ones made for the all star game my father has at least half a dozen sitting in a box in storage right now that he's not interested in selling because there just isnt a big market for them, example the one on ebat at 100 bucks. I dont know who has the real bat from the game but its my opinion that with the quality of images available from the game and the distance from which the photos were taken a true photo match is impossible the images just are not clear enough. Add to the fact that the bat in question has limited use and i just cant believe your many photo matches claim. By the way Adaconda Kay also sold authentic replicas of the black Rickey Henderson T141 with the large Lousiville on the back that he used in both the All Star Game and World Series. Im glad your happy with your bat however it seems like you enjoy attacking anyone who is happy an item in their collection. If you feel that there are no good items for sale and that you dont have the need to visit the baord anymore have a good life and find something else that interests you allow those of us who still enjoy the hobby to have fun without constant attacks
Mike Sharon

Masimen
02-04-2012, 02:46 AM
I am a little perplexed as to why anyone would be so protective of pictures of a bat that may or may nor have been used by a career 250 hitter, that on a good day might be worth a decent swiss watch goes for.

yanks12025
02-04-2012, 08:43 AM
You wont post the photos, cause YOU DON'T OWN THE BAT. I'm guessing that maybe your jealous of other people. If you're not going to prove you own the bat or any bat, then don't post and bashing other items.

1929tudor
02-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Can't believe a guy would constantly defend he has the actual bat but never shows proof. Your bat isn't as valuable as a Musial, Aaron, Mays or Ruth bat for that matter and if i had one of those bats and someone said I didn't I would post pictures to prove it. I can't figure out why you wouldn't. It's just a bat. Like some have said it makes you wonder if you even own it. You could put the whole thing to rest and make the people doubting you eat crow. I own a Bo bat from 91 and would have no problem showing it. Might not be a valuable one but like I said it's just A BAT

spartanservitto
02-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Now there is yet another BO J93 1989 block "LOUISVILLE" bat up for sale on ebay. Item number: 320838301617.

This bat has significant water stain marks on the barrel end. Curiously, the seller claims the bat came directly from Bo.

Looks like the message has been clearly received in that the seller makes it clear that his is NOT the authentic All Star Game used bat. That puts a smile on my face!

Whats funny about your point is you actually mud sling at someone who advocates that they have something significant and nothing is being offered otherwise to counter that claim. Unless you post a picture or something then stop.

-Tony

kcrhino
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
By now we all understand the iconic Bo bat is not for sale. Would you take a kidney in trade? I have two and only need one. Of course, I will need that elusive photomatch before heading over to the surgeon...:D

beachpetrol
11-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Any updates on this? I came across a photo of Bo supposedly from the All Star Game. Its a little grainy, but shows the bottom of the bat with no "BO" on the knob. Also, the name of the photographer is in the auction for the photo as well. So maybe he can provide a photomatch for the Bo All Star Bat, or have a lead to someone who might have a photo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BO-JACKSON-Kansas-City-Royals-CLASSIC-ALL-STAR-GAME-Glossy-Photo-8x10-MVP-/290602472219?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item43a941d31b#ht_435wt_1105

PAC
11-27-2013, 06:58 AM
John told me over the phone that it is possible for my bat to have been used in the all star game and also used afterwords during regular season.He said that it also may be possible that the red ball did not leave transfer marks and that he may of used the other bat during one of the 4 at bats during the all star game.What i cant understand is how can my bat not have been used in the all star game if the only other bat does not match the home run photo?

It's possible to believe anything if you want to bad enough

metsbats
11-27-2013, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_zSjm0QNtk

Anyone ever view this footage?

joelsabi
11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_zSjm0QNtk

Anyone ever view this footage?

maybe you just won $100 from Byergo. You can see the large Louisville on the back side at 1:01

metsbats
11-27-2013, 10:41 AM
maybe you just won $100 from Byergo. You can see the large Louisville on the back side at 1:01

This link was actually posted several times by other members in this thread but it seems noone has come up with a conclusion.

PwKw13
11-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Here are some screenshots from the 4th inning. It should be easy to tell if this is the bat based on the wood grain on the back barrel. However, did he use this same bat for the HR in the 1st inning??

Roady
11-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Those pics just made me miss Wade Boggs.

metsbats
11-27-2013, 01:54 PM
I was reading thru the old threads on this topic and it seem we never saw the photos of byergo's bat because he didn't want to post them. Not sure what we are matching here then.

metsbats
11-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Merged all the Bo Jackson ASG bat threads into one.

metsbats
11-27-2013, 03:30 PM
http://byergo.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=19

I see no 89 ASG bat on Scott's BO Blog or any mention. He does display an 86 home white and an 87 powered blue road.

PwKw13
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Not sure what we are matching here then.

Basically, any bat that someone wants to claim is the All-Star Game bat. If they don't want to post photos, we can assume that they don't have the bat.

metsbats
11-27-2013, 04:16 PM
I think I definitely photo matched this bat finally.

sportsnbikes
11-27-2013, 04:48 PM
A few takeaways from me on this bat.

Maybe Zanebats could be contacted to see where he got the bat from and trail it backwards. If the HOF sold the one that was in the article, maybe it could be traced back to the HOF.

Also, I also believe that the bat owned by axis could have been used in the HR derby so there's the blue marks. Surely there is a picture of the bat somewhere being displayed in the HOF showing characteristics.

metsbats
11-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Let's compare the barrel to Bo's 4th inning ASG AB. Unfortunate President Reagan was in the booth with Vince Scully and took air time from Bo before his 1st inning AB. As Pwkw13 points out it'll be hard to tell if this is the same bat he used for both ABs

What do you guys think?

metsbats
11-27-2013, 05:46 PM
This pine tar application differs between the Bo ASG game bat and the one which was in the KC royals museum (Justin's bat)

metsbats
11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Here's an interesting photo of Bo from the 89 ASG which supports the theory that he may have brought multiple bats with him

He's taping up a Cooper bat here.

TwinLakesPark
11-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Who changed the title of the thread today?

metsbats
11-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Who changed the title of the thread today?

We merged all the Bo Jackson 89 ASG bat threads into this single thread under the one titled ( and appropriately) "The saga of Bo Jackson's 1989 All-Star Home Run bat'

metsbats
11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I think this comparison shows the Justin bat and the HR bat in the photos pine tar differs. It's also the same bat in the 4th inning photos.

What do you guys think?

metsbats
11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Changed the title back to the most recent thread.

sportsnbikes
11-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Let's compare the barrel to Bo's 4th inning ASG AB. Unfortunate President Reagan was in the booth with Vince Scully and took air time from Bo before his 1st inning AB. As Pwkw13 points out it'll be hard to tell if this is the same bat he used for both ABs

What do you guys think?

I saw another photo of him in the dugout holding 2 bats. One was a Cooper and the other unknown as it didn't show the barrels. I could just see the Cooper colored ring.

sportsnbikes
11-28-2013, 01:13 AM
This pine tar application differs between the Bo ASG game bat and the one which was in the KC royals museum (Justin's bat)

I'm no expert but I am not sure you can say it's not with the scale of the 2 different pictures. Too bad there isn't some grain detail that could be seen on the barrel.

metsbats
11-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Do these grains match up?

I think it's apparent in this comparison that the pine tar does not match up.

I sent these photos to John Taube for his review to get his opinion too.

metsbats
11-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Justin,

John Taube would need the bat sent to him and he will get photos enlarged to do an direct comparison in order for him to make a determination on this bat. All costs of shipping and photos would be your responsibility.

sportsnbikes
11-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't know if they match. I can't see it well enough. I just don't how by looking at the different scales you can say definitively that it is or isn't the bat.

metsbats
11-29-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't know if they match. I can't see it well enough. I just don't how by looking at the different scales you can say definitively that it is or isn't the bat.

I agree. John indicated with bat in hand and blow up of photos he would be able to make a better judgement call.