Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • therealaxis
    • Dec 2010

I Just Got My Bo Bat Back From Psa/Dna "All Star Game Bat"

I just got my Bo Jackson All Star Game bat back from Psa/Dna and I am extremely happy with the service I received from john!My only question is this, there were only 2 bats issued to Bo Jackson for the 1989 all star game with the large "Louisville" stamp and one was sold years ago at AMI that Psa/Dna also authenticated as All Star game used.If you look at the bat that was sold at AMI there are a few things that stand out that lead me to believe it was NOT the "Home Run" bat 1.There is no tape, 2.There are markings on the knob and the top of the bat which is inconsistent with the "Home Run" bat, 3.the pine tar application is also inconsistent.If you notice in the photos of my bat the tape is present as well as consistent pine tar application as well as nothing on the knob or the top.I understand John can not put his name on paper stating my bat was used to hit the home run without having a exact photo match but he did tell me on the phone he has a strong feeling I am the owner of the "Home Run" bat.My question is If there was only two bats issued to Bo according to Louisville wouldn't it be safe to assume my bat is the "Home Run" bat after the evidence i have presented?

My Psa/Dna paper work

The AMI Bo Bat

1989 All Star game Home Run photo
  • SkubeBats
    Banned
    • May 2006

Re: I Just Got My Bo Bat Back From Psa/Dna "All Star Game Bat"

John says your bat has blue ink marks and they used baseballs with red ink on them during the All Star game. John also says that he can't find one red ink mark on your bat all he finds are blue ones. If your bat was used in the All Star game it should have red ink not blue, correct??

Comment

• notxpensv4u
      • Apr 2006

Great looking bat!!! LMK if you are going to sell it. Congrats!!!! Tim
      sigpicLooking for Cincinnati Reds Game Used.....Please help me !!! kentuckywildcatzz@hotmail.com

Comment

• spartanservitto
        • May 2010

The bat in the photo clearly has tape... what a sweet bat.

-Tony
        sigpic
        Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
        My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
        My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• SkubeBats
          Banned
          • May 2006

John also states that he thinks this bat was used during the 1989 season he never says it was used in the All Star game. So after all this information it sound more like it wasn't used during the 1989 All Star game. So that being said it doesn't sound like your bat was the home run bat after all.

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Whether or not used in the All Star game, it's still a great bat! Conrats!
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• therealaxis
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SkubeBats
              John also states that he thinks this bat was used during the 1989 season he never says it was used in the All Star game. So after all this information it sound more like it wasn't used during the 1989 All Star game. So that being said it doesn't sound like your bat was the home run bat after all.
              John told me over the phone that it is possible for my bat to have been used in the all star game and also used afterwords during regular season.He said that it also may be possible that the red ball did not leave transfer marks and that he may of used the other bat during one of the 4 at bats during the all star game.What i cant understand is how can my bat not have been used in the all star game if the only other bat does not match the home run photo?

Comment

• spartanservitto
                • May 2010

Originally posted by therealaxis
                John told me over the phone that it is possible for my bat to have been used in the all star game and also used afterwords during regular season.He said that it also may be possible that the red ball did not leave transfer marks and that he may of used the other bat during one of the 4 at bats during the all star game.What i cant understand is how can my bat not have been used in the all star game if the only other bat does not match the home run photo?
                Agreed. If there are two bats, and its clearly not the other one... thennnnnn....?

-Tony
                sigpic
                Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• SkubeBats
                  Banned
                  • May 2006

There's a member on here that says he has the HR bat used by Bo during the 1989 All Star Game. His user name is byergo. There are two other posts about the Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game on this site. Here are the headings to look up "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Games bat -NOT!'', and here's the other heading "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bats (s)".

Comment

• therealaxis
                    • Dec 2010

There's a member on here that says he has the HR bat used by Bo during the 1989 All Star Game. His user name is byergo. There are two other posts about the Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game on this site. Here are the headings to look up "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Games bat -NOT!'', and here's the other heading "Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Bats (s)".
                    I am completely aware of the other threads and Scott Byergo.Scott has been asked many time to show evidence of his bat and has failed to do so.I don't understand what you are suggesting by posting the links to those posts.It is fact there were only two bats issued to Bo for the all star game and as of now they are both accounted for.

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                      • Jul 2010

Sweet Pic where you can see LOUISVILLE!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• SkubeBats
                        Banned
                        • May 2006

Scott Byergo says in one of the posts that he knows of 3 and maybe a fourth Bo Jackson All Star bat. I just want to get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know for sure who has the bat and how many of these bats are out there. It would be nice to know the truth...

For the record I'm not saying your bat isn't the one but we need to get all the information first before we can say for sure who has the HR bat.

Your bats is still a great bat no matter what. I would put in my collection of bats

Comment

• therealaxis
                          • Dec 2010

Scott Byergo says in one of the posts that he knows of 3 and maybe a fourth Bo Jackson All Star bat. I just want to get to the bottom of all of this. I want to know for sure who has the bat and how many of these bats are out there. It would be nice to know the truth...

For the record I'm not saying your bat isn't the one but we need to get all the information first before we can say for sure who has the HR bat.

Your bats is still a great bat no matter what. I would put in my collection of bats
                          Completely understandable I also want to get to the bottom of this.As far as I know there is only one other all star bat that has been authenticated and that is the AMI bat.I feel until Scott can provide evidence of his bat it can't be accounted for.I am not by any means trying to accuse Scott of lying but why not provide photos if you believe you intact own the home run bat.In a way scott not being willing to show photo evidence to backup his claim hurts the credibility of mine.

Comment

• SkubeBats
                            Banned
                            • May 2006

I just found these pictures of another Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game bat. This one even has red ink ball marks on the barrel. So how many of these bats are out there??? I know the bat that hit the home run has nothing on the ends of the bat plus the correct bat had tape on the handle. I'm just trying to say there most be more of these bat out there then we all know.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• therealaxis
                              • Dec 2010

I just found these pictures of another Bo Jackson 1989 All Star Game bat. This one even has red ink ball marks on the barrel. So how many of these bats are out there??? I know the bat that hit the home run has nothing on the ends of the bat plus the correct bat had tape on the handle. I'm just trying to say there most be more of these bat out there then we all know.
                              That is the same AMI bat that I mentioned and attached a photo of in my original post

Comment

Working...