PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with Pablo Sandoval

ChrisCavalier
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Yesterday, some business associates of mine and I met with Pablo Sandoval in San Francisco. As some of you know, I have met with Andres Torres recently as well. I have to say that both of these guys are really great people. Since we hear a lot of not-so-good news about athletes nowadays, I thought I would share what really nice people these two guys are in person.

In fact, meeting them has made me want to go back and study Spanish...which I am about to do. I'm kicking myself for not learning Spanish when I lived in Miami, Florida for eight years. Though I did study Italian in college (due to my heritage), it seems painfully obvious that Spanish is more useful here in the US. Also, while Italians are wonderful people, I have met so many more fantastic native Spanish-speaking people here in the US and I am upset without myself that I can't speak with them in their native tongue. Though it might take a while, I'm hoping to be able to do so in the future.

Here's a picture we took with Pablo yesterday:

-Chris

HawaiiSportsNut
05-10-2011, 04:17 PM
It is always so cool to meet a player in person & as a bonus to see what a great person that he/she is.

Last year I got to meet a local MLB player Kurt Suzuki. I told Kurt that I was bummed because I just bought a game bat of his & that I would not be getting it until a week later. I told him that it would have been great to have it signed but the timing was a bit off. He said that he would be glad to sign it if I would be willing to mail the bat to his home. He had his wife Renee give me thier address. Talk about a class act.

btw... Chris, which one is you in the pic?

Rick

ChrisCavalier
05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
btw... Chris, which one is you in the pick
I'm the second from the left.....just kidding that's Pablo. I'm actually the one of the far left.

Btw, nice story about Suzuki. That's really awesome. Andres and Pablo are the same way. For example, I brought my son with me to meet Andres one time (we've met on multiple occasions) and when he found out my son did Parkour he didn't stop telling my son how great he thought that was and that he needed to continue working hard if he wants to achieve great things. Both those guys are really quality people.

-Chris

frikativ54
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
That's great about learning Spanish, Chris. I enjoyed taking it in high school, and I love comparative Romance Linguistics. That's pretty cool that you took Italian in college; I haven't learned any, though I took Latin and a smattering of French as an undergrad. I am now dying to learn Romanian, so I understand your excitement about taking Spanish. Good luck!

I always love meeting ballplayers who are also genuine guys. Never been a fan of some of the signings that feel more like a conveyor belt, as opposed to a genuine opportunity to meet the players.

Thanks for sharing!

-Frik

ryant7
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Andres Torres is a class act he has a great since of humor and has worked extremely hard to get to were he is today.......All around great guy wish there were more like him in Baseball....

MUSEOVEN
05-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Hello: Pablo and Andres are great persons. I have this jerseys when Andres come to play in Venezuela and he was a very funny person :)

MUSEOVEN
05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
sorry wrong photo :eek:

alltimegiants
05-21-2011, 11:16 PM
i had a chance to meet him too this year.

good giant

check out www.alltimegiants.com (http://www.alltimegiants.com)