PDA

View Full Version : Ebay user Sportsfreak117 Jordan /Patricia Gilroy

Masimen
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I hate doing this, but have any of you had any dealings with this ebay member? On 4/19 I Purchased a bat via BIN and sent payment. The seller had 100 percent feedback and 90 transactions so I wasn't worried. After about a 10 days of no bat I signed into ebay to contact the seller and I see that He/She is no longer a Registered user. This obviously left me with an uneasy feeling. I emailed my concerns and this is the response I received on April 29.

"I am still trying to get my account back because the reason they gave me isnt valid. I am using your paypal address to ship the bat so you should recieve it soon. Thank youvfor your patience"

Then i got the following on the same day:

"Its gonna be shipped tomorow. My brother knows how to ship things and not me so when he ships it ill let u know the info"

Then again

"Can i have your address please? its all packed up and ready to go out but ebay doesnt let me see the addtess"

I took him/her at their word and requested tracking info. After not getting any I emailed again and i received an response that it had absolutely been shipped. I filed a claim with ebay on the 5th and the seller replied with USPS tracking info. Unfortunately that tracking info comes up as nothing in the USPS system.

The person whose name comes up on the email is Jordan Gilroy and the name on the pay pal account is Patricia Gilroy. This is my first bad experience with ebay so I am not really sure how this works. I escalated the case yesterday and am awaiting a response. It is a relatively low dollar bat, i think the total was 144 bucks, but it infuriates me that I got taken. Looking at the feedback i think a member or 2 here may have dealt with this person. I would love to have a contact for this person other than the email.

Skizzick
05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
If you file a paypal claim, you will most likely win, and receive every dollar. I have had a number of similar situations, and have won every time. You can also look up their phone number on ebay. This will tell you how: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact.html#getting

trsent
05-12-2011, 01:39 AM
If you bought this through eBay, go to the listing and file a claim with eBay Buyer Protection. These days you do not file with PayPal for eBay problems, you file with eBay.

Here is a link to start the process:

http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Masimen
05-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Got an email from Ebay and Paypal today that they ruled in my favor and I will be granted a full refund. I really did want that bat though!