PDA

View Full Version : MJ 85 Game Worn Shoes Vintage Authentics

AlexT
05-12-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=13402&searchby=1&searchvalue=game&page=8&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=Michael-Jordan-Game-Used-1985-Rookie-Era-Shoes

What do you guys think?

AlexT
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Bump!!!
Would love to hear opinions before it's over !!

jordanhigh69
05-18-2011, 02:11 AM
Hmmm, judging from the exact same pair of shoes that I have in my collection, DIRECTLY from Michael's Mother, Mrs. Jordan, they are NOT even tagged correctly(TYPS). The sig "might" be authentic, done at like a golf tourney or similar type event, as MJ signs sometimes like this when he's writing quickly. HTH

Steve

trsent
05-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Hmmm, judging from the exact same pair of shoes that I have in my collection, DIRECTLY from Michael's Mother, Mrs. Jordan, they are NOT even tagged correctly(TYPS). The sig "might" be authentic, done at like a golf tourney or similar type event, as MJ signs sometimes like this when he's writing quickly. HTH

Steve

Steve, that is cool you got a pair from Deloris Jordan.

Did you buy them directly from her or what is the background/history of how your shoes originated from her?

I just have never heard of anyone receiving anything from her in the past so I'd love to hear your story.

jordanhigh69
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi all,
Joel, I am friends with Mrs. Jordan and Michael. The terms of how I acquired my stuff are private. I have many different one-of-a-kind items(for example MJ's full Carolina practice jersey set, MJ's childhood AS baseball little league hat, '84 Olympic worn hat, Carolina '82 Champ worn hat, etc, etc) from them in my large MJ collection and am planning on sharing my entire collection with the world via an inspirational, fun website. The Shoes are the original AJ1's that were the very first ones produced & given to MJ by Nike and he, subsequently signed them both & gave them to his Momma. I am also attempting to put together a "touring" exhibit on a grand scale, as well as some other really fun events for collectors/MJ fans! ;) I've reached out to a couple different business entities("National", Sole Collector, Cybex, etc) to try to do some deals to exhibit/display an incredible collection, but nothing in the works yet! Do you remember the post I did a while back on here about MJ's personal home gym equipment(pictured in "Rare Air")? Hope all is well.

Steve

Lokee
05-25-2011, 07:39 PM
The terms of how I acquired my stuff are private.

Well said I agree.

Sounds like a very impressive collection.

cammy collector
05-28-2011, 06:30 PM
my god this pair is terrible. no TYPS, the sig is very suspect, the wear is inconsistent with other gamers.. I hope none of you guys won them.

PS jordanhigh69 I would absolutely LOVE to see a pair of the first Jordan's ever made for Mike. Are they the pair without the "Wings" logo on the heel but instead just say "Air Jordan"?