PDA

View Full Version : Question for Reds experts

tknorm
05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
These batting gloves were tossed from the Reds dugout to a friend of a friend. The game was on April 16th in Cincinnati versus the Pirates. Any idea who they might have belonged to? There is no number or name on them. They were thinking Gomes, though I think it might be Miguel Cairo or someone else.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
tknorm

rdeversole
05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Not sure if they are Gomes for sure but they style match to his - want to sell them to me? rdeversole@gmail.com

jshortt
05-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi,

Those definitely aren't Gomes'. He doesn't use that style, but a more basic style of Franklin. Of the Franklin guys on the team, I have seen Cairo and Ryan Hanigan using that particular style this year. Possibly a pitcher, but haven't paid much attention to what they're wearing so far. My guess would be one of those two.

Hope this helps,
J

ryant7
05-12-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/113307607/Getty-Images-Sport

Miguel Cairo On that day went 3-4 with a homerun in the 5th !!!! looks like a decent match at least style wise but getty says that photo was taken that day!

ryant7
05-12-2011, 07:44 PM
why was i thinking 17th ???? oops anyhow they look like cairos.....
im sure he wore them on the 16th too.... just so happens he went 0-5 on the 16th thats probably a good enough reason to throw them up get rid of them bad boys....

tknorm
05-14-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks for the input guys. based on my quick getty search i was thinking Cairo, based on the picture in the thread. the hannigan pictures show him with red and white gloves.

i don't think he is looking to sell, but i'll let you kwno if he changes his mind.

thanks!
tknorm