PDA

View Full Version : David Wright game used bat

64SHEA
05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I have a David Wright game used bat that I bought from the Mets last October. I knew it was cracked when I bought it but I am now trying to sell it just noticed something. The barrel and handle are each authenticated. It appears that they may have repaired it before they sold it to me. Either that or the where afraid the crack would completely split? Has any one ever had a bat like this and does it affect the value?

I will try a post some photos later.

rdeversole
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
2 holo's usually means it was in 2 pieces when authenticated.

mlupo
05-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I have a Granderson bat that I purchased from the Tigers with 2 MLB holograms that was broken in 2 pieces and taped together. Notice in the additional info section it lists which is the barrell and which is the handle.

Session Name: KC AT DET
Session Date: September 17, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: CURTIS GRANDERSON BROKE HIS BAT ON AN INFIELD HIT IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 3RD INNING, OFF OF PITCHER ZACK GREINKE. BAT BARRELL.

Session Name: KC AT DET
Session Date: September 17, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: CURTIS GRANDERSON BROKE HIS BAT ON AN INFIELD HIT IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 3RD INNING, OFF OF PITCHER ZACK GREINKE. BAT HANDLE..

64SHEA
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Yes I saw that is says what part it is for. Thats how I first noticed it. My bat is not taped togeather though. It looks like the must have repaired it with glue or something. It looks like the did a good job as I said I did not notice it was broken just cracked.