PDA

View Full Version : St Patricks Day Jersey's

Klattsy
05-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi All,

In the opinion of the marketplace (you guys!) what would the value of a scrub's St Patricks Day jersey be? There is a Trent Oeltjen one on MLB Auctions, he made 1 AB in the game, and there is a photo of him wearing it as well so I'm happy with that, but a starting bid of $200?

What would happen to jersey's on MLB that don't sell? Is there any chance of getting them again at a cheaper starting bid?

I'm baulking at the price only because I would be hopeful of picking up some cheaper items off ebay (especially Luke Hughes who has been getting alot of game time this year), but I am aware that MLB Authenticated items (especially those sold through MLB) have a higher price tag.

Would appreciate opinion!

Mark.

jppopma
05-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Many items on MLB auctions are overpriced. You can take the risk of contacting the team if it doesn't sell (but for some reason, I have seen alot of junk sold in that $200 price range).

I'm not sure if the Dodgers are still going through Steiner or selling things on their own. The only good thing about the auction is that it supports charity, hence a little bit of the increased price. Beyond helping charity, you may be able to use some of the cost as a tax write off.

Good luck.