PDA

View Full Version : Need help photomatching a Leake draft day jersey

justinbittner220
05-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey guys,
I'd greatly appreciate any help that I can get with this. I bought a Mike Leake jersey a few months ago that is supposedly the jersey that he was given by the Reds on the day that he was drafted 8th overall. I have exhausted all of my options and avenues in trying to find a picture of Leake holding the jersey and have had no luck. Any suggestions? Any photos out there? I know that there are alot of Reds fans on here, so hopefully someone can help.
Thanks again,
justinbittner220@hotmail.com

justinbittner220
05-15-2011, 02:08 PM
bump

AWA85
05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I could be wrong, but I have not seen players hold up a jersey like NFL or NBA draft do. It would not be at the draft presentation that this jersey would be given to him.

Now the source of your jersey is legit, and possibly he held it up at his press conference when arriving in Cincinnati but I would assume it was a gift from Cincinnati to Leake if I had to guess. Your best bet, is to see if there are any press conference photos from him being drafted in Cincinnati.

justinbittner220
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I've just been assuming that there would have been some sort of press day or fan day or whatever where the draftees were introduced to the people in Cincinnati. If not, I do trust my source. I'm simply looking for a picture for display purposes.

justinwc80
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I remember right after they were drafted the Reds had him at the ballpark and they were interviewed on the Radio and I believe TV as well. Possible that the broadcast may have shown them and the jersey if they wore them. It was very soon after the draft before they had even signed their contract I think. Memory a bit rusty.

chakes89
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
You are correct Justin, they had Leake and Brad Boxberger in town after the draft for a meet and greet with local press.

Don't remember any pictures of them with jerseys though, the only pictures of them that I remember are of them sitting in the dugout being interviewed but they were wearing regular street clothes

justinbittner220
05-17-2011, 06:24 PM
chakes,
Sadly, those are the only pictures that I've seen, as well. I was just hoping to see one with Leake celebrating and holding the jersey... Oh well.