PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think about this auction?

rose14
08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
This guy has a 1970 Pete Rose jersey, an 1980's Robin Yount and a 1960's Joe Namath jersey. He is selling them as game used but he is unsure that they were worn by the exact players.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180023111072&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

rose14
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
The Yount is acutally a 1990's jersey.

sportscentury
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
To put it politely, I've seen better Younts.

Reid

Eric
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I actually "know" the owner of the Namath jersey. I'm not sure if the ebay seller is the owner, or if the person is just selling it thorugh this store.

I bought some chargers jerseys from from the owner of the Namath jersey, and never received them. He said they were sent back to him because no one signed for the package. I live in a building with a 24 hour doorman, so that is likely not true. That has never happened to me as long as I have been here.

He then claimed to re-send the package and said he would send the tracking number. He never did and the package never arrived.

I told him I wanted my money back. He said to give the package a few more days because it was on it's way, though he still was not giving me a tracking number.

Then I finally received a package from him and it was this Namath jersey that apparently he purchased from Broadway Rick. He said to make up for the "lost package" he was sending this instead.

Maybe he was actually trying to make good on the situation, but it made me furious because I never asked for this jersey and now I had to take my own time and money to send a possble Namath gamer (who I don't collect) with a clubhouse signature (which he acknowledged) back to him. And it was my responsibility to get this back to him intact.

(A piece of advice- if anyone finds themselves in this position, contact the buyer to see if the replacement is suitable before surprising them with it.)

I sent it back and continued to try to get my money back. The guy did not respond after numerous attempts. I then told the guy who's paypal account we used for the transaction (a store owner) that the owner used him to scam me out of my money. Magically my refund arrived via paypal days later.

Yes, the seller was busy with many things this summer- I do not doubt that, but many times he did not follow up with the situation and I had to track him down. Not the way to do business.

Not sure what the story with the Namath is, but I just wanted you to know my history with it.
Eric

kingjammy24
08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
re: the yount

"THE JERSEY SHOWS GOOD WEAR AND IS PROPERLY TAGGED FOR A 90'S GAMER."

is it really? maybe my idea of a gamer is different than their idea of a gamer.

"IT IS UNCERTAIN AS TO WHETHER YOUNT EVER WORE THIS JERSEY, YET IT IS A RARE GAME ISSUED AND POSSIBLY WORN YOUNT JERSEY AT THE LEAST"

really? game issued or possibly worn at the least?

i can think of a few other things it could be at the least.

rudy.

sportscentury
09-03-2006, 11:11 PM
re: the yount

"THE JERSEY SHOWS GOOD WEAR AND IS PROPERLY TAGGED FOR A 90'S GAMER."

is it really? maybe my idea of a gamer is different than their idea of a gamer.

"IT IS UNCERTAIN AS TO WHETHER YOUNT EVER WORE THIS JERSEY, YET IT IS A RARE GAME ISSUED AND POSSIBLY WORN YOUNT JERSEY AT THE LEAST"

really? game issued or possibly worn at the least?

i can think of a few other things it could be at the least.

rudy.

Truly, it was hard to take this auction seriously ... it was so blatantly over the top in its misrepresentation.

Reid