PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Posada Retiring after the game tonight???

5toolplayer
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I think Jorge is calling it quits tonight after the game. If so, its been a great ride! I'm guessing Montero finally gets the call to come up and DH ;-) this could be the beginning of something big!!!

Lokee
05-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I was watching the game and the Posada story broke they spoke with Cashman and he said it was not injury related then 45 mins later Ken Rosenthal says Posada asked out of the line-up due to back stiffness.

Go RED SOX

Lokee
05-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Now I am reading his declined to play because of his spot in the batting order. LMAO sounds like a DIVA move if that is the case.

Time to hang it up Jorge :)

thegoodz15
05-14-2011, 10:43 PM
evening five tool.....jorge has been here since 1996.....a switch hitting catcher with power.....i think whats happening is he cant believe he is 40 and there are 3 catchers ready to take his place....especially with the surprise of russell martin.....i think its also tuff to take orders from your catching friend joe geradi...lol.....i think he will snap out of it...and be in lineup tomorrow.....he is still a clutch hitter with power and its still early in the season......if he still under the mendoza line in mid june call up your kid montero.....

scott" thegoodz15"

ferro39
05-14-2011, 10:51 PM
he's not a catcher anymore

and yes, he is a huge diva. always has been.

danny_0_6
05-14-2011, 11:17 PM
At least he has 5 rings to show for it :D

Skizzick
05-15-2011, 09:36 AM
At least he has 5 rings to show for it :D
Divas love jewelry.

legaleagle92481
05-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I hate to be so blunt but it is time to push him out the door. The Yankees guys have a hard time leaving the stage. They did it with Bernie now its time to do it with Jorge. What is the point of having a DH who can't hit? Might as well let the pitcher bat in that case. They have Tex at first base and Martin at catcher so they have nowhere to put him in the field. Montero would not be called up since the odds of Jorge being asked to ever catch are about the odds of me being asked to catch. They could rotate Chavez when he gets healthy and Jones at DH. Just release Jorge and move on.

sox83cubs84
05-15-2011, 04:10 PM
A statement in a Yahoo Sports article made good sense to me...Posada is 39, and is still a regular part of an offense not lacking in quality hitters. I don't know about everyone else, but, to me, hitting 9th on the Yankees, if I get to do it every day, beats the bench, the minors, or unemployment hands down.

Dave Miedema